Rhapsody sold out?

This will be the third thread I will post this...

But our 9/20/17 cruise on the Rhapsody was shifted to the Vision. Not canceled, but shifted.

The newly assigned cabin was nowhere near what we had, nor where we wanted ideally... So I called, talked to a nice RCI rep, and got the cabin that we really wanted on the Rhapsody- it was available on the Vision.

So it worked out a little better for us.

Check your reservations to see if your trip has already been re-booked for you!

SO TIRED of Royal screwing up! We are Pinnacle, and usually very forgiving. However, they chartered/canceled THREE Brilliance sailings on us for next Jan/Feb. Now they cancel Rhapsody on us (FOURTH cancellation next year for us). They need to STOP releasing cruises to the public if they are not certain about operating them! Now, I have a 2018 cruise showing "sold out." No possible way!!!!!

Peter

Ahoy RoyalDiamond

Do you mind sharing the Brilliance dates that were chartered/cancelled for the month of Jan & Feb, 2017...

Thank You

Nothing showing for April 29, 2017 out of Tampa. It should be a TA to Barcelona, 13 days or so, then a 7 day trip to Venice leaving on May 13.

Kind of pricey unless a great deal on the TA.

Edited by John&LaLa

After reading this thread I thought my sailing was "safe". I checked Royal's website and on 10/11/17 Rhapsody and Vision are both leaving Quebec City. The itinerary appears the same. Will Royal automatically switch me to Vision or provide various options?

After reading this thread I thought my sailing was "safe". I checked Royal's website and on 10/11/17 Rhapsody and Vision are both leaving Quebec City. The itinerary appears the same. Will Royal automatically switch me to Vision or provide various options?

They simply changed the ship name on my same sailing, so please check your cruises on Royal's website again. Our cabin appointment stayed the same.

They moved us directly to the Vision (9/20/17).

But, for some reason, we didn't keep our original cabin. (probably because the number does not exist on Vision, just the placement).

I was able to move to a better spot.

Check your reservation.

As of yesterday, one of the airlines version of a TA did not have any of the Quebec sailings listed, as they are being updated. So now is a good time to get a better placement due to TA's taking bulk cabins.

We got called yesterday to say our trip from NJ was canceled. What I felt was poor customer service was the out of pocket money I spent was nonrefundable so I have to eat 200$ I spent on insurance. They offered a 200$ obc which is nice however I want a trip from NJ. We have a trip upcoming on the Summit, they would not transfer the obc but would transfer my deposit. Not very nice my opinion.

get cancelled and die a horrible death.

Thanks to these boards I was able to find out about the

Rhapsody repo being cancelled.... I was never notified of it by RC.

After some frantic calls to our TA, I was able to book an E1 on the

Serenade for the March 27th 11 day cruise…seems most of the “better”

cabins had been picked over.

Interestingly, our TA was able to secure $300 OBC.

That helps with the sting of the cancellation AND luckily

I hadn't booked flights yet. WHEW!!

After Royal cancelled ("redeployed") Rhapsody for April 2017 Atlantic crossing in March of this year to move Rhapsody to Bayonne.... Rhapsody Atlantic crossing in April 2017 is back on. And Bayonne is going bye bye. Many of us found other ships and itineraries. We were given options of Jewel and Brilliance for April 2017 to cruise to Europe (Jewel Puerto Rico to Rome; Brilliance Miami to Barcelona). And those of us who had booked early on Rhapsody and gotten the staterooms we wanted - at prices we wanted - on the original crossing of course lost out. And now.... sigh. This kind of craziness is what many don't like about Royal.