Rhapsody sold out?

Bob should I call or just wait it out? Really hope its just a mess up this cruise sounds so great.

You can call if you like, but I'm not optimistic that you would get an accurate answer. However, the answer might be amusing if you posted it.

Whatever you do, don't change or cancel your booking, because if the does turn out to be cancelled, you won't be eligible for any consideration.

Edited by clarea

Our next cruise is booked on Rhapsody on April 2017 for S.Carribbean. Just went to check pricing and it said it was sold out. Is that possible for almost a year away?:confused:

It could just be sold out. The return trip to Tampa in October all the Balcony and Suite cabins are already sold out too. I'm on that cruise and know of a lot of others that are also on it. It's very popular.

Our Vision of the Seas cruise showed up the same way a few years ago. They ended up adding 5 days to the cruise and changing the ports on the transatlantic we were scheduled for. Fortunately for us, the add on price was very reasonable and they compensated with a decent ship board credit. Turned into a great cruise. It was also early enough that we didn't have to cancel any flights because they hadn't been made yet.

It did take about three weeks for everything to be sorted out though...

Hope if there are changes that it all works out the way it did for us...

Nancy

I just check on the website. I'm booked for the repo in October and it's still showing, but it's also showing the ship doing cruises from Venice at the same time. I was so excited that I was able to sail to the ABC islands and snagged the corner aft cabin. Oh well!!!!

Our cruise for Rhapsody on 4/29/17 is cancelled really did not know why but RCI said it was being redeployed, whatever that means:mad:

The ship will be sailing out of Venice Italy instead of NJ.

Oh no, I hope that isn't true! I have both repositioning cruises booked on the Rhapsody next year!

It's on RCCL website. Just do a mock booking search for Rhapsody April 2017- October 2017. The NJ cruises are showing sold out, and there are new sailings from Venice. When I checked earlier the October 2017 repo was still showing as able to book, but it also showed an October 21, 2017 and October 28, 2017 sailing from Italy. All the other cruises were showing sold out. Unless RCCL has magical powers, there is no way the ship can be in NJ and Italy at the same time.

I just saw on RCCL website that Vision of the Seas will be doing one way cruises from Cape Liberty to Quebec City and Quebec City to Cape Liberty on 9/7/17, 9/20/17, 10/1/17 and 10/11/17. So for those who were planning cruises north, it looks like you will have options.

It's on RCCL website. Just do a mock booking search for Rhapsody April 2017- October 2017. The NJ cruises are showing sold out, and there are new sailings from Venice. When I checked earlier the October 2017 repo was still showing as able to book, but it also showed an October 21, 2017 and October 28, 2017 sailing from Italy. All the other cruises were showing sold out. Unless RCCL has magical powers, there is no way the ship can be in NJ and Italy at the same time.

There is something screwy on the web site. If you look at August 2017, it shows Rhapsody doing sailings out of Venice and Bayonne. But it also shows Legend doing the exact same Venice itineraries on the exact same dates. I've got to believe only one of them is doing the Venice itinerary.

I just saw on RCCL website that Vision of the Seas will be doing one way cruises from Cape Liberty to Quebec City and Quebec City to Cape Liberty on 9/7/17, 9/20/17, 10/1/17 and 10/11/17. So for those who were planning cruises north, it looks likey you will have options.

Shows the itineraries....but not bookable

There is something screwy on the web site. If you look at August 2017, it shows Rhapsody doing sailings out of Venice and Bayonne. But it also shows Legend doing the exact same Venice itineraries on the exact same dates. I've got to believe only one of them is doing the Venice itinerary.

The Vision and Legend sailings are showing as sold out for May through October. The only ones that are showing with a price is the Rhapsody. Although you aren't able to book yet.

It could just be sold out. The return trip to Tampa in October all the Balcony and Suite cabins are already sold out too. I'm on that cruise and know of a lot of others that are also on it. It's very popular.

I am so upset after reading this thread this morning. We were so looking forward to the ABC Islands. :mad: I have never had a cruise cancelled before. Is there anything I should know if in fact it is?

I thought something was weird....(even posted it on the roll call), that the Jr. Suites and balconies "sold out" when the day before....there were MANY available.

Edited by champagne123
mmmmm

I am so upset after reading this thread this morning. We were so looking forward to the ABC Islands. :mad: I have never had a cruise cancelled before. Is there anything I should know if in fact it is?

Sit tight until RCI contacts you with the official cancellation notice - then start thinking about alternatives. RCI will make you an offer - ask for something better, but don't be surprised if they say no.

Sit tight until RCI contacts you with the official cancellation notice - then start thinking about alternatives. RCI will make you an offer - ask for something better, but don't be surprised if they say no.

Thank you. So sad...:(

SO TIRED of Royal screwing up! We are Pinnacle, and usually very forgiving. However, they chartered/canceled THREE Brilliance sailings on us for next Jan/Feb. Now they cancel Rhapsody on us (FOURTH cancellation next year for us). They need to STOP releasing cruises to the public if they are not certain about operating them! Now, I have a 2018 cruise showing "sold out." No possible way!!!!!

Peter