Reflection cabin 7303, 7305, 7352 and 7354

skoeper

We have a group of friends sailing with us and we have reserved these cabins. I know they are all the way in the back, without being aft. And quite far from the elevators. Can anyone tell me anything else about them? Good? Bad? Should we move?

My only other concern would be the odd numbers, they are on the port side, two decks above the smokers. That is closer than I would want to be but I am very sensitive to it.

Ugh, smoke. Ok, now where do the smokers smoke 2 decks below us? It looks like Blu is there (?)

Thanks for your input!

I went to google, lol. There I found someone had posted this:

Smoking areas on the S-class ship Reflection:

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Port (left)-side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is permitted

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

Deck 14 (Lido Deck) – Port (left)-side only – outside next to the Pool Bar

.Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

So will the smoke from the mid-ship elevator area float up and back to our balconies? What do you think?

I went to google, lol. There I found someone had posted this:

Smoking areas on the S-class ship Reflection:

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Port (left)-side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is permitted

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

Deck 14 (Lido Deck) – Port (left)-side only – outside next to the Pool Bar

.Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

So will the smoke from the mid-ship elevator area float up and back to our balconies? What do you think?

We had a deck 9 port side balcony on the aft slanted side of the back hump on the Norwegian Fjords cruise on Eclipse this past April and I was able to smell smoke a couple of times from even that high up. I suppose it depends how the wind is blowing but personally I wouldn't take a chance with a port balcony on deck 7 anywhere near the smoking areas as we use our balcony a lot and smelling smoke would ruin it for us. It was also quite cold so there didn't seem a lot of people outside on deck 5. It might even be worse if it was a warmer cruise with more people outside.

We had a deck 9 port side balcony on the aft slanted side of the back hump on the Norwegian Fjords cruise on Eclipse this past April and I was able to smell smoke a couple of times from even that high up. I suppose it depends how the wind is blowing but personally I wouldn't take a chance with a port balcony on deck 7 anywhere near the smoking areas as we use our balcony a lot and smelling smoke would ruin it for us. It was also quite cold so there didn't seem a lot of people outside on deck 5. It might even be worse if it was a warmer cruise with more people outside.

Hmmm, I'll talk to my group about it. We are trying to keep our cabins close so we can take the partitions down and mingle on the balconies. Plus, more than half of our group is hard-of-hearing and our "system" is for hearing members to have a key to the HoH cabins to wake them up in case of an emergency. Sharing balconies also works if no one locks their balcony door. I'll run this by them, thanks for the input!

I have stayed in cabin 7305 on the Equinox and 6305 twice on the Silhouette (same configuration as the Reflection). Absolutely love the location right at the aft of the ship, which a huge balcony. Very quiet area, did not experience any smoke from the decks below or above and I spend a lot of time sitting outside having breakfast and reading. As far as the walk to the elevators, probably took about 20 seconds to reach them. On my upcoming cruise in July I've booked 6304 on the Silhouette, it's a 2C the only obstruction is the blue roof from the Tuscan grill below, if you even consider that an obstruction. Got it on a balcony guarantee both times. What a bargain!:)

We have a group of friends sailing with us and we have reserved these cabins. I know they are all the way in the back, without being aft. And quite far from the elevators. Can anyone tell me anything else about them? Good? Bad? Should we move?

The smoking is around the hump area. You're back far enough that any smoke from that area will have dissipated by the time it gets back there, so I wouldn't worry about it and keep your selected cabins.

We were on The Reflection last year cabin 7233 we are non smokers and never had any problems with any smell of smoke. We have just come back from the Caribbean on the Eclipse and had 4 cabins together and had all the balcony doors open. Enjoy .:)