upgrading to premium beverage package?

jabrown40

I'm sure someone has asked this, and I'm sorry to repeat, but just don't have a lot of time today to research. Thinking about taking advantage of the Memorial day offer - I currently have a suite booked for the Caribbean on the Summit in Mar 2018, but thinking of an Oceania cruise instead. This would be our first. I noticed one of the offers includes free internet and the extra choice we would choose is the house beverage package. However, can you upgrade to the premium package, like you can on Celebrity by paying just the difference? Thank you for your help, and if anyone has an opinion about making the change, I would welcome that as well!

It has been discussed before

Yes I believe it is $20 pp pd you have to do it when you board the ship if it is part of the O Life Choice promotion

Both parties in the cabin have to choose the same option I believe

Edited by LHT28

It has been discussed before

Yes I believe it is $20 pp pd you have to do it when you board the ship if it is part of the O Life Choice promotion

Both parties in the cabin have to choose the same option I believe

I was told you have to upgrade in the first three days, I don't think both people have to upgrade, but both parties have to take the same option. You can't have one take excursions and one take drink package, or OBC.

This is my understanding and what my TA found out from Oceania.

I was told you have to upgrade in the first three days, I don't think both people have to upgrade, but both parties have to take the same option. You can't have one take excursions and one take drink package, or OBC.

This is my understanding and what my TA found out from Oceania.

That is what I was trying to say ...not well I guess ;)

I think you are both right. With oLife, both people have to take the same thing. (Internet vs. drinks, etc.) But that is an interesting point about both people having to upgrade on the drinks package as opposed to only one doing so. I'm not sure about that!

I could argue it both ways but I don't work for Oceania.

With oLife we don't take the drink package because it still doesn't make sense for us. (For one thing, my husband rarely drinks alcohol, unless it is a sip of my wine. So compelling both of us to take the package would REALLY be a waste.)

Then again, I'm the internet user ... but we only get one internet package I think ... Since we are only using my laptop on a cruise, that is irrelevant. We don't have two devices competing for availability.

We both (at least for now) are using the ship's tour options. Yes, we prefer private tours ... but the upcoming cruises are such that we don't mind using ship's tours at least for some of those ports of call. So that is an easy call.

For us.

Mura

I think you are both right. With oLife, both people have to take the same thing. (Internet vs. drinks, etc.) But that is an interesting point about both people having to upgrade on the drinks package as opposed to only one doing so. I'm not sure about that!

Mura

I was just saying with the OLife Choice Promo both parties in the same cabin must choose the same option both can choose the OBC or the Beverage package or the excursions

We would not take the beverage package either

our daily bar bill for the 2 of us was about $20-30 total per day including the 18% tip ;)