Allure Star Class - first and maybe continuing impressions 5/29

Hi, we leave on the 8/21 allure in 1820 and finally heard from our genie. We have Marla. Any one have her or have heard about her?

As I shared several postings above, we also have Marla as our Genie for the 8/21 Allure cruise. We are in the two Aqua Theater Suites on Deck 8, 8330 and 8730. Looks like Marla will be getting her exercise on our cruise going from suite to suite!

Yes my post was more asking previous cruisers if they have had any experience with her as their genie. We did not get a questionnaire yet, but rather an email about arrival time etc

How many are in your room? We are just 3 and pretty low maiden E but are hoping for a great time! First RC cruise. So not sure what to expect.

There are 6 adults in one suite and 2 adults and 3 children age 5 and below in the other, 11 in all. My daughters have both cruised on the Allure or Oasis 4 times, twice in the exact Aqua Theater Suite so they are very familiar with the ship. Thus we don't anticipate using the services of the Genie much beyond securing reservations for restaurants & shows. Though Marla might surprise us in ways we don't foresee or envision now.

The questionnaire email ended up in our Spam folder, but the email from Marla arrived in our inbox.

For our cruise, it did go to me, as my name was the primary. Q'aire came to me too.

Don't fret if you don't get the q'aire - it asks some "out there" questions. Just tell your Genie the special requests you have anything else special they need to know. That's really what it's about.

Hi, we leave on the 8/21 allure in 1820 and finally heard from our genie. We have Marla. Any one have her or have heard about her?

We had Marla as our suite attendant prior to Star Class and Genies being introduced and we thought she was absolutely fantastic.

We had Marla as our suite attendant prior to Star Class and Genies being introduced and we thought she was absolutely fantastic.

Pencruise - you may be thinking of Marva - who has been a Deck 17 fixture on Allure for some time, as a suite cabin attendant, and is, from all accounts, a treasure. She was our friend's attendant in May and clearly truly special, and more so from all the regulars on here who chimed in about how special she is. She is still a deck 17 attendant and did not become a Genie. But is probably a Genie to all those lucky enough to have her.

Pencruise - you may be thinking of Marva - who has been a Deck 17 fixture on Allure for some time, as a suite cabin attendant, and is, from all accounts, a treasure. She was our friend's attendant in May and clearly truly special, and more so from all the regulars on here who chimed in about how special she is. She is still a deck 17 attendant and did not become a Genie. But is probably a Genie to all those lucky enough to have her.

Matt and ape cruise you are 100% correct, Marva is an amazing suite attendant. Anyone who gets her is extremely lucky.

I read this in the continued current concierge thread yesterday. One person asked have you had Maria before. See this link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50701951&postcount=807

Another person responded that they had her as a Diamond Lounge Concierge on Navigator before she was a Genie. See this link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50703395&postcount=808

I also discovered that the thread about Current Concierges Continued Discussion (see here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50704395&postcount=810) has a section on their Google Spreadsheet for Genies on Oasis and Quantum Class ships. The spreadsheet is linked within that link.

If any of you have cruised with Genies you might want to let them know on that thread what Genie and what ship and they can update their listing.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I think I read in previous posts the Genie welcome email only goes to the first name on the booking. Could someone confirm that is the case as I would like to keep it as a surprise for others in my room.

As we have 6 in our 2- bedroom ATS, we have 2 separate reservation numbers, 4 on one # and 2 on the other. My understanding is RCI reservation system can only accommodate a max of 4. That being said, we received one email however a member on the second reservation # was copied on it. And it was not the primary on that reservation. So be forewarned should you have multiple res #s as it may ruin your surprise.

so outside of the email from Marla with a few questions (time we are arriving at port) we have not heard a thing for our 8/21 allure cruise. I decided not to worry about it.

I did reply to Marla with a few requests (cabana, reservations at the Izmui grill ) She responded to the mail instead of forwarding it asking Jeremias and Dexter (assuming they are concierges) to reserve our cabana. I replied letting her know she sent it to me, not to them.

I have not heard anything back. No confirmation on getting my requests booked. No confirmation on time to arrive at port. Nothing, not even a thanks, will look over and work on your requests. Is that normal?

Anyone else reply to their genie and get a response?

so outside of the email from Marla with a few questions (time we are arriving at port) we have not heard a thing for our 8/21 allure cruise. I decided not to worry about it.

I did reply to Marla with a few requests (cabana, reservations at the Izmui grill ) She responded to the mail instead of forwarding it asking Jeremias and Dexter (assuming they are concierges) to reserve our cabana. I replied letting her know she sent it to me, not to them.

I have not heard anything back. No confirmation on getting my requests booked. No confirmation on time to arrive at port. Nothing, not even a thanks, will look over and work on your requests. Is that normal?

Anyone else reply to their genie and get a response?

We received a response email from Marla last night (saw it today) advising us what time to arrive at the port and to ask our dining and show preferences. I am sure you will be hearing from her very soon. Please understand that our family will occupy two of her assigned suites on this cruise. We did not make any special requests such as a cabana so I am not able to confirm if the email you received is how a cabana is usually processed. I would not be concerned, but that is just me.

We did receive a second email today with a link to Loop, RCI's mobile texting app. Did you receive this?

No, like I said, outside of the email I got Sunday and responded to right away, I have heard nothing. No loop, no port check in time. Nothing.

We are low maintenance, but would like to know if our 2 (what I think are pretty basic) requests were filled? I am not going to worry, she has people she is looking after now, I totally get it! Just was hoping maybe a "this is confirmed" or "got your email" would have been sent :)

They get limited time each day to respond to future cruisers. So it would usually take a few days for Francesco to get back to me. In the week immediately before our cruise he was more responsive. So I think they prioritize. Those on board get immediate attention. Those coming the next week get second most and so on.

I would'nt worry about your requests but do understand wanting confirmation.

They get limited time each day to respond to future cruisers. So it would usually take a few days for Francesco to get back to me. In the week immediately before our cruise he was more responsive. So I think they prioritize. Those on board get immediate attention. Those coming the next week get second most and so on.

I would'nt worry about your requests but do understand wanting confirmation.

Hi Matt. We just got our email from Francesco today. We will email him tomorrow. I will have to "drop" both your and Ron's name once we are on the ship. :D

Edited by A&L_Ont

I suspect it will be the same as when you mentioned to Marva, Jesus and Keith that you "knew us". Smiles and a welcome to the "family".:)

Hope so! But you guys are deck 17 vets.

Ron and I are just aspiring, lol.

By the way - hoping to get to LA in Sept and in 12 years of living there never got to the Petersen. Need to change that.

Hope so! But you guys are deck 17 vets.

Ron and I are just aspiring, lol.

By the way - hoping to get to LA in Sept and in 12 years of living there never got to the Petersen. Need to change that.

You do, it is amazing especially after their multimillion dollar renovation of the building. When there make sure you do a tour with vault included. There are interesting things in their basement.

If you want to go to Icon for a tour reach out to Jonathan Ward. It is a stop worth making even with Chatsworth being a bit off the map. He was very accommodating for us, I'd like to think he is that way for everyone.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Izumi is included. We did not pay the $5 extra or anything else. I was just letting others know.

The only eating space not included is Vintages.

Oh - and about the handcrafted afternoon cocktail cart en suite. Francesco said hardly anyone has been requesting it so they're not really doing it. If you want it they will come.

Hi Mat,

I understand that Izumi and Izumi Hibachi are included as Star perks but just curious to see what you can order off the menu? I read in other threads that they give you a $25 per person credit (for Izumi) and you use that amount to buy what you want (as they charge a-la-cart). For Izumi Hibachi experience, the cover is $38.50/pp according to the Cruise Planner. What does that include? Can I order unlimited Sashimi?

Thanks!