Allure Star Class - first and maybe continuing impressions 5/29

Izumi is included. We did not pay the $5 extra or anything else. I was just letting others know.

The only eating space not included is Vintages.

Oh - and about the handcrafted afternoon cocktail cart en suite. Francesco said hardly anyone has been requesting it so they're not really doing it. If you want it they will come.

More night time shots.

8512476d1b1a504c22d9ed8848b1cfb3.jpg

7845d43329f3ff999cd4b61b08aff72d.jpg

ae5e2024a060c1887c2556896c12009a.jpg

And since it's causing such a controversy - here is the sign on the stand up flow rider. By the way we overlook that Flowrider and not one person stood in that line today.

233577c3d9bf591fd00ebef13a9bfa8c.jpg

OK, just how did you get that shot directly over the Aqua Theater? Way cool. I am guessing selfie stick over sports deck rail...but man it is a great perspective.

Izumi is included. We did not pay the $5 extra or anything else. I was just letting others know.

The only eating space not included is Vintages.

Oh - and about the handcrafted afternoon cocktail cart en suite. Francesco said hardly anyone has been requesting it so they're not really doing it. If you want it they will come.

Matt,

I think someone on this topic mentioned beers can be provided for mini bar, but will Francesco have it stocked with Airplane bottles of Vodka for self serve mixed drinks? Curious since I will be on deck 8

The shot of the aqua theatre was just me leaning over from the Sports Deck. :)

There are no mini bottles of liquor. We are pretty sure Anthem is the only ship that can do that.

Francesco told us they only stock non alcoholic drinks in the mini bar. But I don't drink beer so maybe they would do that.

They will have room service bring you drinks if you want.

The shot of the aqua theatre was just me leaning over from the Sports Deck. :)

There are no mini bottles of liquor. We are pretty sure Anthem is the only ship that can do that.

Francesco told us they only stock non alcoholic drinks in the mini bar. But I don't drink beer so maybe they would do that.

They will have room service bring you drinks if you want.

Appreciate it. Tell Francesco to work on his Texas draw for us and we'll see him on the 12th.

We are just off the Oasis in 1720. Someone asked about beer being in the mini fridge. On our initial survey we were asked what kind of Coke beverages we would like and also asked if we would like a red or white or sparking wine. I indicated that I like Pino Noir but that my husband likes Blue Moon. The fridge was stocked with 6 on the second day and they brought 6 every day after. We were not drinking them all and asked both Israel and our stateroom attendant to ask have it stopped. They kept showing up! I think we had 26 on the counter by the end of the cruise. Ask and you may get it.

That was me who asked. We will be in a ATS (A1) in December and I do not drink soft drinks but do drink beer. Love the idea of having beer and water in our mini fridge plus a bottle of Cabarnet on hand. Typically my wife and I like to stay up later and hang out on be balcony when the kids are asleep...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That was me who asked. We will be in a ATS (A1) in December and I do not drink soft drinks but do drink beer. Love the idea of having beer and water in our mini fridge plus a bottle of Cabarnet on hand. Typically my wife and I like to stay up later and hang out on be balcony when the kids are asleep...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm guessing beer and wine is easier to accommodate. But the no pre stocked liquor rule seems pretty strict.

Pics from Falmouth:

37eef0a6ee25e988bd8dce1ab077cb3a.jpg

Disney Fantasy in with us

51ff2ad190adea8687d0555b4802c07c.jpg

Voom sign:

2fd30b70b1c07b168720de24df65c01f.jpg

I asked the Suite Lounge bartender to plug in the package prices for Ultimate and Premium for a week. Ultimate is priced at $79 per day with tip. Premium at $69 per day.

Wow! :eek: The cruise planner pricing is definitely the way to go. Thank you very much, Matt.

Yes. Everything is now in a big pump bottle. I much prefer that, too.

L'Occitane

Is it the same pump bottles from cruise to cruise? If so, this seems really tacky to me.

Can you imagine staying at a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton (which is the clientele they're trying to draw with these Star Class benefits) and instead of fresh bottles with each guest you just use a half-empty bottle covered in someone else's germs until its all gone? I know it's always been the case in the non-suite rooms but for these high-end Star Class suites, it seems a bit cheap.

Is it the same pump bottles from cruise to cruise? If so, this seems really tacky to me.

Can you imagine staying at a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton (which is the clientele they're trying to draw with these Star Class benefits) and instead of fresh bottles with each guest you just use a half-empty bottle covered in someone else's germs until its all gone? I know it's always been the case in the non-suite rooms but for these high-end Star Class suites, it seems a bit cheap.

They will be thrown at it at the end of the week.

I only ventured out into the port shopping area today. It's kinda like every other captive port. But with rasta influence.

I've not been very vocal about this - pun not intended - but the headliner act are friends of ours. It's one of the reasons we booked this particular cruise. So this afternoon we went to their sound check, which was really cool. Also got a mini back stage look.

Ron is going to their first show tonight and I'm seeing the cast of Mamma Mia in special show at Jazz on 4.

We are coordinating a cocktail party tomorrow night through Francesco for the group, as one of the members and his wife are celebrating an anniversary. The liquor policy is making that more challenging than it should be. On Majesty they wheeled a bar into the suite and we had a bartender. For some reason that is not so easily done here. We will see what "magic" Francesco can make happen.

More later.

I had to cut my last post short because the show was starting and I was front row.

The Jazz on 4 venue is really nice. And getting to see the Mamma Mia cast in that setting was very cool. Andrew, thanks once again for suggesting something. I never would have paid attention to.

But first, can someone please identify this towel animal? A snake with a scarf ? A four legged bird? Huh?

6a6c9302357b81fde8e10e7b5d3bac14.jpg

And from the Jazz on 4 show:

dec6b6ae0ec1bb6505b5d12e74885948.jpg

46aece5b5dbdb2be66dbd0720da95d19.jpg

6c11bbf13c3f4b3520c5e008b80153b7.jpg

Matt, I'm glad you enjoyed the show in Jazz. When I was there it felt like I had snuck into a private event. I got there are the dance party so I had to stand but it was well worth it. I fact I would have stood for the entire show.

I know you will enjoy your friends show when they headline. It has to be pretty cool to know they are doing it and that you are there to support them.

We will be star class and was waiting for the genie to book our dinner reservations but the seating venue for Izumi (Hibachi) is so small, do you think we should pre-book online? That is the only restaurant the kids really want to eat at since they love that kind of food. The only times available on the planner are 5-5:30 and after time, I guess they hold the other times since it is such a small venue.

I think as long as you tell your Genie ahead of time they will be able to make Izumi Hibachi happen.

So as an update on our Genie - today he was able to get me a spa appointment on the last sea day at the time I wanted when the spa desk told me they were completely booked. So there are places they have "pull."

As to throwing a party in our cabin - we finally confirmed they can do it just like on every other ship. They will wheel in a portable bar and bartender. There's an hourly charge for the bartender. Plus a per person charge for the bar set up. If the people who come have drink packages they will not charge for that person. The ship is providing us with a cheese tray, snacks and an anniversary cake. Franky will be here to set up and help with the event.

We did the all access tour this morning. I think it's well worth the price. It's so much more extensive than the standard bridge and galley tours.

We saw all 3 levels of the main galley. Got a bakery demo - 36,000 rolls a day! - the provisioning areas, the butcher shop etc. plus the engine control room, then I-95, the corridor down the center. To the crew mess, crew bars (there are several), laundry (and all the way down to deck 0), the helipad, backstage of the theatre, and in the middle of all that, the Bridge, of course. Be prepared. It's over 3 hours and lots of standing and stairs.

We got chocolate covered strawberries in the galley. And a selection of rum punch, champagne and soft drinks in the crew pub.

After that it was Giovanni's for lunch where the Pinnacles were doing their lunch with an officer (recognized the hotel director - did not know the other two).

It was empty otherwise. Seems odd on a sea day since the food is soo good and a nice change from the usual. The Lasagna is not on the dinner menu, so you should try it. Quite delicious.

Tonight is Chops and then the headliner show (the Texas Tenors, who were finalists on Americas got talent a few years back and have been touring non stop ever since).

dd51c96f1aae6ff69c85ebe459e5d0f2.jpg

e3b8fa2586edf4c821e063c29b462180.jpg

What are you all doing in my kitchen?

7216033271a57b006d6305dd3ed85a30.jpg

f70a3384ca79bf77b494a98a7d25041a.jpg

Matt - great pics and review. Loved the night shot of the pool area and chocolate Allure bottles.

Had to chuckle when my first thought when I saw your balcony pic was 'oh he's in Andrew's cabin'.:)

Edited by jaspercat

Chops tonight. Hmmm. Not the best chops experience I've had. Ron got the scallops which were rubbery. The bacon app was good. My filet was just ok. The baked potato looked like a rescue from hometown buffet. The truffle fries must have been gasping for truffle oil because it never got to them. Rons Bronzino was very good though. The waiter kept telling us about all the up charges which got annoying - since there aren't any for us. I would rather do Giovanni's twice and get their better filet.

Then a stroll through Central Park with a live musical group. That really is a pleasant space at night.

Next up was the Texas Tenors. They put on a great show as always. They did a Memorial Day tribute in the middle and, of course, God bless the USA, which got the crowd to their feet.

Tonight is an earlier night. Cozumel jeep tour in the morning.

7b28ae87fd2b2361f4b1eaf2a8898a2d.jpg

6fd7ab52a830375fcfa5031bed128ddd.jpg

9d719adcfe248325a08cc5af467f9504.jpg

Audience participation section:

d3f13edf3d2fca7a3428954887d0ba43.jpg

Dazzles shutting down early. Must be a hint.

b12e973b73b4af0a633fc71e9710a0dd.jpg

Edited by MattInFLL