Allure Star Class - first and maybe continuing impressions 5/29

Thats good to know. Being that I will be in an A1 ATS I will have to walk or order drinks to the room I guess. Glad your haveing a great time

I will be in one too (9330 in December). Being that this will be the first time on this ship, bars are plenty I am sure? I also heard that Sierra Nevada was stocked? Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I thought that change was only on Harmony so far.

Yes, I was just wondering if it was true and if any pics or info on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anthem did have mini liquor bottles in the mini bar. First and only time I've seen that. Definitely not here.

Andrew - no worries! I was more concerned about some sort of reading light down here but I'm sure I'll live just fine without it. :) oh and I was wrong - Jesus is not here but Keith is and says hello back.

The Comedy Club is still where it was.

And they had champagne, mimosas and some selection of rum drinks like I've seen at top tiers before. But they did not roam the aisles. You had to go up to the area by the Sabor bar to get them.

Nope. No bottle service or mini bottles. No wine bottles other than your welcome aboard bottle and any C&A amenity.

They will get you drinks or you can walk down the hall to the Suite Lounge which is open all day.

My folks had a star class suite on allure a few weeks ago and they def brought them bottles of wine (at no additional charge) and kept their fridge full with the beer they wanted. Maybe they've stopped that already?

Edited by topnole

Matt

I posted this on the other thread you have been busy on.

Can you find out if Marva is sailing on August 7th.

We had her twice before and would love to see her again.

Thanks..

Sue and crew

Matt,

If you get a chance can you post a picture of the on board drink package pricing? Curious to see if it has increased for the "summer" season as some RCI reps have said it would be. In my mind, I assumed Memorial Day would be the magic date.

Thanks,

This is #48 and first time on Allure. Obviously first time Star Class. We are in a Sky Loft and I'm traveling with one of my best friends. Franky, our Genie, met us at front of terminal after we went through the Star Class door. Your luggage stays with you through security. And goes through the scanners everybody puts their carry on through. I was worried about my bag fitting but it did. Then Franky whisked us to get checked in and on the ship. We were on Deck 17 in about 10 mins start to finish. Your bags transfer from a pier porter to a ship porter so if you're inclined to tip the porter do it before he takes your bags away.

In the cabin Franky set us up with our comp Voom Internet and there were fresh berries,Moet and deluxe canapés. The mini bar was stocked to the preferences I told him ahead of time.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad you are enjoying! Is your Genie,Franky,Francisco Dean who is/was? The DL concierge on the Serenade? If so we enjoyed him last year doing a New England cruise. He was very attentive and had said he was looking for another ship or maybe position. Thanks!

Lunch in CK is really just a slimmed down version of dinner. The hostess even basically said - if you're coming for dinner you may want to try something else for lunch for variety.

We decided to brave WJ for lunch. One side was jammed. The other side was empty. At noon.

I personally have no issues with WJ. I always find something I like and there are a ton of options.

This is my third cruise without coconut ranger cookies. Did they stop making them?

They were available every day on the Enchantment last week.

No variety at all. In other words, EVERY day the cookies were:

Coconut Rangers

Oatmeal Raisin

Lemon (sugar free)

:)

No alcoholic beverages are provided in the mini-bar, with the possible exception of Quantum class. I believe Carol mentioned having alcoholic beverages in the mini-bar on Anthem.

Yes. Airline mini bottles. (forgot to take a picture of the price list, sorry)

I'm following your review and showed the pictures to my wife. It looks like an amazing way to enjoy a cruise. My wife wants to know whether you plan to post pictures of the bathrooms.

Thanks

Edited by JimAOk1945

Time for Ice Games. Franky - and no not same Francesco. "Ours" is brand new to ships after working as a luxury hotel concierge. - and another Genie were waiting for their guests. Basically the first two rows center seem to be reserved. They put reserved signs on them and there's an attendant with the star, sea, and pinnacle cards sign. Franky got me a drink and off we go.

Curiously - have not seen the handcrafted cocktail cart and we were in the suite from 3-4:30.

I will try to ask Marva and look for bev package prices.

Ice Games:

25b5cf4e0b878bb04250a3b0233de8f9.jpg

Ice Games was one of the best ice shows I've seen. We really enjoyed it until we got singled out for audience participation :)

For Jim's wife:

The bathrooms are the same on the first and second floor. 3 shower heads. The massage one, a regular one and a sort of rain fall one on the middle. It's actually a really nice shower. But it's not like the huge GS and OS bathrooms. But still, there are two of them.

869273f3b3a2f850d6b7e063dc5317e6.jpg

121346343ed6468d4ee0d30fe3876e30.jpg

Matt, are the shampoo, conditioner and body wash now in pump bottles? It used to be squeeze bottles, so the pump will be nice.

Yes. Everything is now in a big pump bottle. I much prefer that, too.

L'Occitane

Yes. Everything is now in a big pump bottle. I much prefer that, too.

L'Occitane

Any idea what happened to Hermes and Ferragamo products? They were announced originally, but seem to have fallen off website. Thanks for the report.

Any idea what happened to Hermes and Ferragamo products? They were announced originally, but seem to have fallen off website. Thanks for the report.

Curious as well. I was excited to read about Hermes products but it seems that all Suite classes now use L'occitane. I'm glad I know this prior to sailing as their products don't suit me so I'll be bringing my own.

Matt thank you for your review and pictures. We have that room on Oasis in August so your insight is valuable. Does there happen to be a curtain you can pull across the loft

Yes, but it is a sheer for over the loft. There are thick curtains and sheers for all outter facing windows.