Kids Shoes Question

DebbieMo

I have to buy for 3 boys and don't want to spend too much since the last time I bought actual formal shoes they only wore it once. I figured these would be versatile and I wouldn't need to take formal shoes and sneakers for them. They are 8, 10 & 12, would we be sent away if they wore theses the dining room including formal night?

26f6493a2cbee3959166607a82f5c455.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am sure those shoes will be fine.

There are also black leather sneakers that look even nicer since they don't have that white on the sole.

No one will turn your boys away with a footwear issue!

These are what I mean but not necessarily Nike:

http://www.zappos.com/nike-air-monarch-iv-black-black

Thank you for the link. The ones I posted are $10. They don't normally wear all black sneakers so just wanted to get them something they can wear short term. I found these that are $10 also but they liked the black and white and honestly in person the black and white were better quality and fit.

262339cdfb7f311e560d94c6bb715d31.jpg

Yes, The ones you just posted now would have been the type I'd buy but of course every family is different and you are certainly entitled to buy the ones that make you and your kiddos happy!

NO worries! You'll be fine and I hope you have a great cruise!!!

Yes, The ones you just posted now would have been the type I'd buy but of course every family is different and you are certainly entitled to buy the ones that make you and your kiddos happy!

NO worries! You'll be fine and I hope you have a great cruise!!!

You're so sweet!

Normally I would put my foot down and buy the all black ones like I'd planned but they don't look as nice or well made in person as they do in the picture.

Thank you, T-26 days..cannot wait!!

Way back in the dark ages the frat boys (who now qualify for Carnival's senior fares) would buy black slip-on Vans for the fall and spring dances.

DH wears brown walking shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carnival doesn't even HAVE "formal" night anymore! Those shoes are fine!

Actually, there are Formal Nights on every Carnival cruise that I am aware of. Maybe other cruise lines have done away with formal nights, but not Carnival

Edited by First and Ten

Actually, there are Formal Nights on every Carnival cruise that I am aware of. Maybe other cruise lines have done away with formal nights, but not Carnival

They still have them, but people just wear whatever they want. There seems to be very little regard for the formal dress code.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Pretty sure it's called elegant night now isn't it? Not even formal night anymore. The boys will be fine in either of those. My son bought sneakers to match his tux for prom, I figured why waste money on fancy dress shoes that would hurt his feet and he'd only wear once. Instead buy some super nice sneakers and be comfortable. He bought some cool silver ones and they were awesome. Lots of kids wore sneakers that coordinated with their tuxes and dresses. My daughter wears her converse high tops with her formals unless there are strict rules against it at the event she's going to.

I'm not sure if they would keep them out if they wore white socks with black shoes. But the should.

It's a joke.

Those shoes would be fine. I agree with the other poster. Any shoes should be fine.

I'm not sure if they would keep them out if they wore white socks with black shoes. But the should.

It's a joke.

Those shoes would be fine. I agree with the other poster. Any shoes should be fine.

Haha, hubby would be kicked out! He doesn't like wearing dress socks.

Thank you for the link. The ones I posted are $10. They don't normally wear all black sneakers so just wanted to get them something they can wear short term. I found these that are $10 also but they liked the black and white and honestly in person the black and white were better quality and fit.

262339cdfb7f311e560d94c6bb715d31.jpg

May I ask where you got them?

In the same boat (haha!) with my two boys. I'd love to find something like you found, more comfortable and cheap - which is always good with the rate the outgrow shoes!

May I ask where you got them?

In the same boat (haha!) with my two boys. I'd love to find something like you found, more comfortable and cheap - which is always good with the rate the outgrow shoes!

Haha, I like what you did there [emoji23]. I found them at Walmart.

Haha! This is why I've told my son I won't buy him the crazy, neon colored shoes he always seems to want. I don't totally mind them, but when we need to look a little nice, the darker gym shoes just blend in better. So he agrees to get darker Nike's with some colored trim instead! ;)

And like everyone else said, nobody's going to turn you away. For our Alaska cruise, he'll bring his gym shoes for sure. We have too much to pack.