Airport to dock transportation? Seattle

We are taking the Norwegian Jewel from Seattle to Alaska and back. What is the best deal for transportation from the airport to the cruise ship? We found a van for $16 per person each way. But we wondered if a taxi would be better? Also when we return we are planning to site see in Seattle for the day before our flights leave. We are planning to use the bag program to take our luggage from the ship to the airport but we wondered if there is a locker somwhere that we could leave our carry ons in while we check out the town? Thank you!

Tutu , we are going on the Pearl and was wondering the same. We are planning to stay overnight the night before the cruise. What van did u find for $16-? That seems better than what I saw (but I just started to look). Thanks for all responses

Safe sailing

Edited by spidybabe

I think the shuttle will be a better deal than a taxi (unless there more than 2 of you). In my opinion, the cruise port is not close to the airport, especially if there's a lot of traffic. I don't know of any locker facilities.

Tutu , we are going on the Pearl and was wondering the same. We are planning to stay overnight the night before the cruise. What van did u find for $16-? That seems better than what I saw (but I just started to look). Thanks for all responses

Safe sailing

depending on the hotel, check out seattle express dot com (not sure if I can type it here ).

I used the van service right at the airpot. (I stayed at the Hilton across the street form the airport the night before). I just walked back to the airport and paid the money and got into the next van and away we went. Had a couple hotel stops before we hit the port but no big deal. No need to make advance reservations either (I asked when my flight landed and they said just show up in the morning and we will set you up)

Unless I'm mistaken, Seattle now has a train from the airport to downtown Seattle. Downtown is easy and safe to walk (spent many a day at the Pike Place Market). When I would go for tech conferences, we used to share a town-car from the airport, but there are also buses too. Can't wait til the next time I go so I can take the train.

When we are in Seattle, we always use http://www.flatrateforhire.com. They are flat rate and it goes by zip code, which you can look up on their website. At the airport, they will meet you up stairs on the DEPARTURE LEVEL. Call when you get your luggage and they will call you back with the cab number and location. We have never had a problem.

We got off the Pearl 2 weeks ago and they offer a baggage hold area for the day at the pier for $3 per bag. When you disembark with your bags make a left to the concierge office. You do need to pick up your bags by 3pm. We also took the "train" from downtown to the airport for $3 a person. It's about an 8 block walk from the pier to the station with a couple of the blocks going up very steep hills. Definitely not for everyone but we managed fine. Enjoy your cruise!

UberX runs about 35.00

We are taking the Norwegian Jewel from Seattle to Alaska and back. What is the best deal for transportation from the airport to the cruise ship? We found a van for $16 per person each way. But we wondered if a taxi would be better? Also when we return we are planning to site see in Seattle for the day before our flights leave. We are planning to use the bag program to take our luggage from the ship to the airport but we wondered if there is a locker somwhere that we could leave our carry ons in while we check out the town? Thank you!

Unless I'm mistaken, Seattle now has a train from the airport to downtown Seattle. Downtown is easy and safe to walk (spent many a day at the Pike Place Market). When I would go for tech conferences, we used to share a town-car from the airport, but there are also buses too. Can't wait til the next time I go so I can take the train.

There is a light rail from the airport to downtown Seattle, but it leaves you at the Westlake Transit center, which is not terribly convenient to the NCL pier if you have a lot of baggage.

You should ask this question on the West Coast home ports board, where there is plenty of information about Seattle transportation opportunities.

For what it's worth, we have used "Already There" towncars on most of our Seattle cruises, and be generally very pleased with their service.

Edited by VideoTech