No quad Neptune Suites on Koningsdam?

ETinCA

Am I missing something or are their no quad Neptune Suites on Koningsdam? I didn't see any availability nor any existing on the deck plans. That would be strange and disappointing as we like that as a family on past HAL cruises.

I just tried a few test bookings for Jul to Sep 2017 and said that I wanted four people in the room. The only classes offered were Family, Verandah, Vista Suites, Signature suites, and the Pinnacle suite. Guess you'll have to move up or down a category, or book two Neptunes.

edit: apparently you can put 3 in the aft corner SBs if that's any help.

Edited by jtl513

Am I missing something or are their no quad Neptune Suites on Koningsdam? I didn't see any availability nor any existing on the deck plans. That would be strange and disappointing as we like that as a family on past HAL cruises.

That is strange, given how large the Neptune suites are. They should be great for a family of 4, so I wonder what HAL was thinking on this??

... so I wonder what HAL was thinking on this??
It probably comes down to money ... selling two cabins for two people each rather than one for four, since the 3rd&4th often pay less than the first two in a cabin.

We are sailing on the "K" in July and have a quad veranda suite (7109). Have never tried this before but, we are taking two grands and it seemed easier. Will report back on how it works out. Was somewhat surprised to learn that the bunk bed was over the Queen instead of the sofa. Will probably ask the steward to make up the bed upside down to feel less claustrophobic.

We are sailing on the "K" in July and have a quad veranda suite (7109). Have never tried this before but, we are taking two grands and it seemed easier. Will report back on how it works out. Was somewhat surprised to learn that the bunk bed was over the Queen instead of the sofa. Will probably ask the steward to make up the bed upside down to feel less claustrophobic.

We are sailing in a quad veranda on the Koningsdam in October, please report back how you like it:)

Quad verandah's on other HAL ships have a horrible layout, also with the bunk over the queen. However, what we dislike most about them is that if the sofa is pulled out into a bed it is impossible to access the verandah without climbing over the bed/sleeping child. We always express this on the post cruise survey, maybe they have taken this into account with the new layout? (wishful thinking)

Yes it is true. We used to do quad neptunes all the time. With my big family it worked great. Now all I can get is a triple Neptune. I remember when the deck plans came out I called and complained but to no avail? We have a triple neptune booked in December and also 3 insides across now. They are actually losing out because I would have booked two quad neptunes. We will still all use the Neptune lounge even though we only have one Neptune room

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is true. We used to do quad neptunes all the time. With my big family it worked great. Now all I can get is a triple Neptune. I remember when the deck plans came out I called and complained but to no avail? We have a triple neptune booked in December and also 3 insides across now. They are actually losing out because I would have booked two quad neptunes. We will still all use the Neptune lounge even though we only have one Neptune room

I have to ask - how do you manage that (all using the Neptune Lounge with 3 insides)? thought HAL restricted it to only guests traveling in Neptune or Pinnacle Suites. On the larger HAL ships you need a Neptune gold cabin key card to access the lounge.

I have to ask - how do you manage that (all using the Neptune Lounge with 3 insides)? thought HAL restricted it to only guests traveling in Neptune or Pinnacle Suites. On the larger HAL ships you need a Neptune gold cabin key card to access the lounge.

HAL does restrict access to the Neptune Lounge to only passengers in Neptune or Pinnacle Suites. Family members, friends, and passer byes not in qualifying suites are politely asked to leave.

HAL does restrict access to the Neptune Lounge to only passengers in Neptune or Pinnacle Suites. Family members, friends, and passer byes not in qualifying suites are politely asked to leave.

Considering that the staff in the line always seemed to know who we were even before we introduced ourselves... I don't think you could just sneak it past them either. :) I have always been impressed that they knew me by name from day one. I suspect they study the pictures of all their boarding guests as we embark.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Considering that the staff in the line always seemed to know who we were even before we introduced ourselves... I don't think you could just sneak it past them either. :) I have always been impressed that they knew me by name from day one. I suspect they study the pictures of all their boarding guests as we embark.

I suppose it could be more difficult on the larger ships but certainly the Lounge staff does seem to know very early on who should or shouldn't be there. Not sure how the key access works versus the face recognition on the smaller ships. Seems to me a potential for some embarrassing moments passing a qualifying key around amongst non-qualifying passengers. It seems like every cruise we've seen a couple or two asked to leave. While the staff is always polite I'll say some of the passengers has been less so and once or twice quite ugly.

• 1 year later...

Would love to hear how you liked cabin 7109, I just put it on reserve for myself and the DH, not realizing it was a quad. How was the balcony space? Was the sofa closest to the balcony? Thanks for any information and if you have pics, I would love to see. Thanks in advance.

A family of four would be better off in two adjoining standard verandahs with the total floor space being about the same. There would be two bathrooms (much more important than breakfast in the Pinnacle!!) and better separation of the sleeping areas.

igraf

That is strange, given how large the Neptune suites are. They should be great for a family of 4, so I wonder what HAL was thinking on this??

So what is a family cabin?
FA and FB on the Main deck. They are a bit longer than standard quad OV and have "a bath and a half".

https://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=ships_suites_staterooms&showHeader=true&showFooter=true

Scroll down to Family Ocean-view to see pic and description under Staterooms.

Edited by jtl513

I can't understand why everyone doesn't do the upper beth like Disney, where if it's needed it creates a set of 'bunks' and leaves the queen/ king bed alone.

Would love to hear how you liked cabin 7109, I just put it on reserve for myself and the DH, not realizing it was a quad. How was the balcony space? Was the sofa closest to the balcony? Thanks for any information and if you have pics, I would love to see. Thanks in advance.

Bed is near the door and the veranda is huge! Very large walk in shower with glass door, allowed granddaughter and myself to dress at the same time. I t was "intimate" with 4 but, will have plenty of room for two. Enjoy.

Bed is near the door and the veranda is huge! Very large walk in shower with glass door, allowed granddaughter and myself to dress at the same time. I t was "intimate" with 4 but, will have plenty of room for two. Enjoy.

I am assuming you mean the bed is near the door to the hallway which makes the sofa near the balcony door. This is my hope, anyway. Thanks so much. :D

. We will still all use the Neptune lounge even though we only have one Neptune room

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doubtful.....they pretty much know who are real Neptune guests and who aren't....certainly didn't give access to my sister and her husband when we had a Neptune and they did not....so good luck with that...

Doubtful.....they pretty much know who are real Neptune guests and who aren't....certainly didn't give access to my sister and her husband when we had a Neptune and they did not....so good luck with that...

Adoremus posted this back in May 2016 over a year ago and their cruise was in December 2016. They haven't posted since they were at the embarkation port so we have no idea what actually happened once they got on board. They may indeed have gotten enough feedback here before their cruise about Neptune Lounge access that they didn't even try.

When you insert your room card to gain entrance to the lounge your name and picture pop up at the computer where the Neptune attendants sit. Just like when you leave or come back to the ship. Pretty easy to tell if you're using someone else's key.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Adoremus posted this back in May 2016 over a year ago and their cruise was in December 2016. They haven't posted since they were at the embarkation port so we have no idea what actually happened once they got on board. They may indeed have gotten enough feedback here before their cruise about Neptune Lounge access that they didn't even try.

duh....guess I should have looked at when this thread started...:o