Sun Princess Embarkation

Hi

Hoping someone here can help clarify with regards to current Embarkation procedures for Captains Circle members on the Sun Princess.

I have read this information in the membership benefits

"Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. You, along with your family or guests that are traveling with you in the same stateroom will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation."

However we have received the cruise documentation and a text message from Carnival.au that Sun princess has staggered boarding times depending which deck your cabin is on.

Is there any priority for Captain Circle members ?

Thank you

CRUISING ALONG:)

Hi

Hoping someone here can help clarify with regards to current Embarkation procedures for Captains Circle members on the Sun Princess.

I have read this information in the membership benefits

"Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. You, along with your family or guests that are traveling with you in the same stateroom will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation."

However we have received the cruise documentation and a text message from Carnival.au that Sun princess has staggered boarding times depending which deck your cabin is on.

Is there any priority for Captain Circle members ?

Thank you

If you are Platinum or Elite, yes.

Thank you GUT2407,

We are both Platinum status.

So if the ship boarding starts at 12.30pm we can arrive then and check in, in lieu of the staggered time of 1pm?

Our last few cruises have been on Royal Caribbean and we have been able to board from 11.30am.

Having to wait until 1pm isn't so good.

Cheers

Thank you GUT2407,

We are both Platinum status.

So if the ship boarding starts at 12.30pm we can arrive then and check in, in lieu of the staggered time of 1pm?

Our last few cruises have been on Royal Caribbean and we have been able to board from 11.30am.

Having to wait until 1pm isn't so good.

Cheers

Yep.

Last cruise we went down to drop our bags pretty early, they just about kidnapped us to get us on.

The staggered check-in times are only recommendations. We usually get to the terminal around 11am and on our last cruise we were onboard by noon, and we weren't Platinum then. When you check in you will be given a card with a letter or number on it. That is your boarding group.

Boarding usually commences around 11:30am but could vary. The priority groups board first, then the other groups. On our last cruise there were four priority groups, and there was about five minutes between each group being called. If you arrive after all the initial priority groups have boarded I think you can just go straight through.

Have to laugh, we are on the 75 day cruise in a couple of weeks time.... These cruises attract a lot of high end CC members... Our paperwork says we have preferred boarding only within our time slot LOL... these are the only cruises where the Preferred line is longer than the general line

Have to laugh, we are on the 75 day cruise in a couple of weeks time.... These cruises attract a lot of high end CC members... Our paperwork says we have preferred boarding only within our time slot LOL... these are the only cruises where the Preferred line is longer than the general line

Seems to happen on those long ones, enjoy your circle (we soooo wanted to do this one), getting close now.

Yes, I agree, and you would know. I have a look at the lines and then pick which one I think may be shorter or would get the preferred treatment when picking between the two lines. as you say, sometimes it is simpler to just go without status.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

We will get down to the OPT and hope the Captains Circle line is short that day.

Cheers

We're going on Sun in September so I'll let you know how it goes. It will be our first cruise at Platinum level.

Enjoy your new status, I have found it isn't really worth it until you get to Elite.:D

I don't mind the priority boarding and a bit of free WiFi though. It's better than nothing. It will take us a few more years to get to Elite I would imagine. We were just lucky that we were able to do a couple of decent length cruises which bumped us up to Platinum quicker than expected.

Thank you.

We will move from Platinum to Elite during this cruise. So I am hoping for a glitch in the system while onboard and the system recognising this somehow;)

Cheers

Well hope springs eternal. But good luck anyway.

Thank you.

We will move from Platinum to Elite during this cruise. So I am hoping for a glitch in the system while onboard and the system recognising this somehow;)

Cheers

I wish you luck but I wouldn't count on it. At least you will be Elite for your next one.

Thank you everyone, after reading all the posts I'm now feeling confident that we will be on board in time for an early lunch and a cocktail or two before we sail away at 4pm.:)

Will also hope for the miracle computer glitch! Otherwise there is always plan B and we will consider booking another Princess cruise.

Cheers

Thank you everyone, after reading all the posts I'm now feeling confident that we will be on board in time for an early lunch and a cocktail or two before we sail away at 4pm.:)

Will also hope for the miracle computer glitch! Otherwise there is always plan B and we will consider booking another Princess cruise.

Cheers

Do plan B anyway.:D