Here she comes! Maasdam arriving in Homer

We've been here in Homer for the past 10 days in a beautiful rental home on the bluff overlooking Cook Inlet. I knew the Maasdam was scheduled to arrive here today at 10AM, but we're headed back to Anchorage at 8, so I thought for sure we'd miss her. As I was drinking my second cup of coffee and gazing out over the magnificent volcanoes, mountains and Inlet, who comes sailing into view but this blue hulled beauty! It is 6:45am and a beautiful day here in Homer is ahead, what a treat for the folks on this sailing!

I was first introduced to Homer on my first of three sailings of the wonderful 14day itinerary back in 2010 - all on the Amsterdam. From that moment forward, Homer has become my 'heart home' and we've spent several land vacations here, enjoying this quaint little town with spectacular views, wildlife and a funky vibe. Their motto is "A quaint little drinking town with a fishing problem." Not far off the mark. Hate to leave today - but seeing that HAL ship rounding the bend just made my morning.

Welcome Maasdam, enjoy your stay!

We've been here in Homer for the past 10 days in a beautiful rental home on the bluff overlooking Cook Inlet. I knew the Maasdam was scheduled to arrive here today at 10AM, but we're headed back to Anchorage at 8, so I thought for sure we'd miss her. As I was drinking my second cup of coffee and gazing out over the magnificent volcanoes, mountains and Inlet, who comes sailing into view but this blue hulled beauty! It is 6:45am and a beautiful day here in Homer is ahead, what a treat for the folks on this sailing!

I was first introduced to Homer on my first of three sailings of the wonderful 14day itinerary back in 2010 - all on the Amsterdam. From that moment forward, Homer has become my 'heart home' and we've spent several land vacations here, enjoying this quaint little town with spectacular views, wildlife and a funky vibe. Their motto is "A quaint little drinking town with a fishing problem." Not far off the mark. Hate to leave today - but seeing that HAL ship rounding the bend just made my morning.

Welcome Maasdam, enjoy your stay!

Hi AIP. I couldn't agree with you more. Seeing those blue hulls brings a smile to one's face. I'm jealous you're up in Alaska (again). Wish I could go again this summer but have two other cruises planned. Say hi to Gary for me.

AIP,

Thanks for you post. It feeds into my excitement about taking our first HAL cruise in August. We've been to Alaska before, but the 14 day itinerary contains some first-time ports of call for us including Homer!

Are you able to post pictures? It would be great to see recent pictures of Homer. The ones I've seen while searching the internet are usually old.