Taking water off the ship at port?

Hello! My DH and I are going to Cozumel and Progresso soon. We just found out I'm expecting. I was wondering if they would let us bring bottled water off the ship to drink while in the ports? I don't think they normally would, but I don't want to drink regular water. We are probably doing the Passion Island excursion, so maybe I could just get bottled water there? What do y'all think? Thanks!

You can definitely take water off the ship and you can also buy it on land in all the ports. Please be sure to wear mosquito repellant (speak to your doctor about what is safe) due to the presence of Zika Virus in Mexico. Definitely get your doctor's advice in regards to traveling in Mexico and the Caribbean at this time.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Hi. I was at Passion Island in April. There is no problem taking water off the ship in any port. I have a 24 oz water bottle I fill and take off the ship all the time. There is also Carnival crew members selling water bottles to you as you depart the ship. So if you wish, you can take the water ashore without any problem. When you return, they will not let you bring an open bottle of water back onto the ship. As for the local water, I know that the water (and ice) on Passion Island is quite safe to drink. But don't forget though, you have "all you can drink" included in your excursion.

You can definitely take water off the ship and you can also buy it on land in all the ports. Please be sure to wear mosquito repellant (speak to your doctor about what is safe) due to the presence of Zika Virus in Mexico. Definitely get your doctor's advice in regards to traveling in Mexico and the Caribbean at this time.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely look into mosquito spray!

Hi. I was at Passion Island in April. There is no problem taking water off the ship in any port. I have a 24 oz water bottle I fill and take off the ship all the time. There is also Carnival crew members selling water bottles to you as you depart the ship. So if you wish, you can take the water ashore without any problem. When you return, they will not let you bring an open bottle of water back onto the ship. As for the local water, I know that the water (and ice) on Passion Island is quite safe to drink. But don't forget though, you have "all you can drink" included in your excursion.

Do they give you bottled water at the island? Thanks for the help!

I don't think so: Found this list of included beverages:

• Open bar (national brands).

• Rum, tequila and vodka (national brands).

• Mixed drinks (national brands).

• Sodas (Pepsi, Sprite, orange, Diet Pepsi, etc).

• 100% purified water and ice.

• Barrel beer "XX lager".

• Fruit punch juice.

Do they give you bottled water at the island? Thanks for the help!

No. But if you have an excursion that includes lunch and beverages, you may be able to get bottled water that way. Your best bet is to either bring a refillable bottle with you and fill it with ice water before leaving the ship, or purchase a couple of bottles before walking down the gangway. The Tervis brand of water bottles is really good. But, like any brand of insulated water bottles, keep it out of direct sunlight and the water will stay cooler longer.;)

No. But if you have an excursion that includes lunch and beverages, you may be able to get bottled water that way. Your best bet is to either bring a refillable bottle with you and fill it with ice water before leaving the ship, or purchase a couple of bottles before walking down the gangway. The Tervis brand of water bottles is really good. But, like any brand of insulated water bottles, keep it out of direct sunlight and the water will stay cooler longer.;)

Thanks. I have some of the tervis tumblers that I'll be bringing. I just wasn't sure if we could take them off the ship

Yes...you can bring water OFF the ship. You will have to dispose of opened containers before you rebound...not a big deal.

There is nothing wrong with "regular" water (except in Mexico...I'm with you, there!)...

The ship's water is fine. Water is H2O...that's all. No nutrients...but a "must have" to live!

Clean water is fine....and the ship's water is clean...as is tap water anywhere (except for Flint MI) in the USA.

Yes...you can bring water OFF the ship. You will have to dispose of opened containers before you rebound...not a big deal.

There is nothing wrong with "regular" water (except in Mexico...I'm with you, there!)...

The ship's water is fine. Water is H2O...that's all. No nutrients...but a "must have" to live!

Clean water is fine....and the ship's water is clean...as is tap water anywhere (except for Flint MI) in the USA.

I'm just worried they won't have bottled water on the excursion. Lol. I'll be taking some off the ship then! Thanks

Hi,

I guess don't understand why you'd think you are not allowed to bring water off the ship??

When folks go on excursions with walking or to beaches or even just to walk around a town on your own it would be pretty normal to bring water.

Hi,

I guess don't understand why you'd think you are not allowed to bring water off the ship??

When folks go on excursions with walking or to beaches or even just to walk around a town on your own it would be pretty normal to bring water.

I didn't know if you could take it off the ship. It's been 5 years since my last cruise so I couldn't remember lol

Hello! My DH and I are going to Cozumel and Progresso soon. We just found out I'm expecting. I was wondering if they would let us bring bottled water off the ship to drink while in the ports? I don't think they normally would, but I don't want to drink regular water. We are probably doing the Passion Island excursion, so maybe I could just get bottled water there? What do y'all think? Thanks!

Yes you can.

Honestly you are more concerned about water than Zika?

You can protect yourself with all of the deet in the world but with one bite you enter what if ?

I think cruising is fine, I've

Never spotted a mosquito onboard. Getting off the ship ., hmm.. It's a risk. A tiny one perhaps but a risk .

Safe travels for you and baby

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IndyDenise

Absolutely. In fact they will sell it to you cold.

Last month when we were in Cozumel the shops right off the ship were selling water and they didnt rape you for it either. $1 for a 1 liter bottle of cold water. Same with pop. $1 for a 1 liter bottle. But we were not allowed to bring opened bottles back on the ship. Factory sealed bottle were OK.