boarding time

Marlene43

We were given a boarding time of 12:30, however, since we live close to Port Canaveral we would prefer to board earlier. We will be on the Magic.

What happens if you show up to board earlier than the time on your boarding pass???

You'll be turned away and told to return after the time listed. Keep checking your online check-in to see if an earlier time becomes available. If FTTF is available, you could purchase that to be able to board whenever you want. Otherwise, just get there right at 12:30.

When we printed our boarding passes they gave us a 12:30 boarding time

There no staggered check in at Port Carnaveral. Carnival sends out informational info for boarding, however you can arrive whenever you want at the terminal. Actual boarding time will depend on how quickly the ship is turned around from the previous cruise. You may start boarding earlier then 12:30 and most likely will, however, it could be later as well. Based on the time your arrive to the terminal, you will be given a zone number to board. The earlier people get earlier zones to board for general boarding. Prior to general boarding, diamond, platimum cruisers board, then FTTF, then general boarding.

I don't think that Port Canaveral has staggered check-in. Arrive when you wish. Be aware that you will wait to board until your group is called.

You are correct. PC doesn't have 'staggered check-in' as of now. Check-in time and boarding time are two different things. We try to arrive at PC around 10:30am -- go through check-in and wait for our group to be called.

When we printed our boarding passes they gave us a 12:30 boarding time

No staggered time at PC yet. When they do start it YOU will have the option to select your boarding time. The 12:30 is when they expect boarding to start. It is sometimes earlier and sometimes later. Arrive too early and you just may end up waiting in the terminal until after 12:30 or get on quite a bit before.

Generally a crap shoot as to when you get on.

An early arrival gets you a lower zone number. A later arrival lets you breeze through with no lines. :p

No staggered time at PC yet. When they do start it YOU will have the option to select your boarding time. The 12:30 is when they expect boarding to start. It is sometimes earlier and sometimes later. Arrive too early and you just may end up waiting in the terminal until after 12:30 or get on quite a bit before.

Generally a crap shoot as to when you get on.

An early arrival gets you a lower zone number. A later arrival lets you breeze through with no lines. :p

When and where do you see an option to pick a boarding time? :confused: I have a suite, is that why I do not see anything or is it because I have not filled out the check in info on-line yet?

When and where do you see an option to pick a boarding time? :confused: I have a suite, is that why I do not see anything or is it because I have not filled out the check in info on-line yet?

Again ... Port Canaveral does not have staggered check-in yet. Arrive when you wish, check in when you get there. Boarding will begin when the ship has been cleared.

Why is there still confusion over this issue. The online check in website has been changed to require you to select a check in time even if a particular embarkation port has not yet started staggered check in. (in this case PC)

Check in time has nothing to do with Boarding time.

The only people who are allowed to enter the terminal prior to their check in time are Diamonds, Platinums, Weddings, FTTF and those on Carnival transfers.

After being allowed into the terminal and actually getting checked in, everyone waits until Boarding begins. Then the order is Weddings, Diamonds, Platinum, Suites, FTTF and finally zones.

Your cruise docs will be examined several times for your check in time. They have the next 30 minute window in a queue outside the terminal, sometimes they have two queue's. Everyone else that's not in a queue has to just stand around. If you try to tag along with a group that is earlier than your time frame they will pull you out of line when you get to the head of the queue or at the terminal door, they check your docs at both places.

You can drop off your bags as early as you want, just like normal.

Why is there still confusion over this issue. The online check in website has been changed to require you to select a check in time even if a particular embarkation port has not yet started staggered check in. (in this case PC)

Selecting a check in time would imply that the port has staggered check-in. I have not seen this in my online check-in for my cruise (which does not have staggered check-in).

I believe that's the generic time they give you for Port Canaveral. I don't think thing PC has started the staggered check in process. I would say get there 1030 or so, that usually works.

So I just did the online check in and printed out my docs for our Magic (Port Canaveral) cruise in 2 months. There was no place to select a time and on the docs it says 'embarkation 12:30-3:00'. That's how all my past 7 Carnival cruises were and I'd arrive to port around 10:30-11:00am. We'd get on the ship around noon. Had FTTF last cruise and got on round noon. So, no, PC doesn't appear to have staggered check in or any place to select check in times. At least not for our Aug cruise on the Magic.

Edited by laumicmah

Obviously there is definitely still confusion as you are incorrect. The website has not been changed. I have a cruise booked for next October coming out of PC. There is no where on the check in page for me to pick a check in time yet. My Shore Excursions showed up on Wednesday, but no place at all the pick a check in time. It is not on the site unless the port has it.

Does anyone know when staggered check in starts in PC?

Again ... Port Canaveral does not have staggered check-in yet. Arrive when you wish, check in when you get there. Boarding will begin when the ship has been cleared.

I sail out of Miami, not Port Canaveral. I believe they do have staggered check-in, hence my question.

You do not pick your boarding time, you pick your check in time. For Miami (except Vista) on the online check in screen, on the left hand column there is a place to pick your check in time.

isn't that a CHECK-IN time?

No if there is not staggered boarding that is just telling you when the earliest boarding typically starts. You can check in whenever the port opens and up to 30 minutes (I believe that is correct) prior to sail time.

We were given a boarding time of 12:30, however, since we live close to Port Canaveral we would prefer to board earlier. We will be on the Magic.

What happens if you show up to board earlier than the time on your boarding pass???

You will not be let in the building.

You will not be let in the building.

BOLOGNA!!! They have NOT started staggered check in times with the Magic in PC yet. I am on it in August and have not been assigned nor selected a check in time. It states embarkation 12:30-3:00, on my docs, with ship leaving at 4pm. This is how all my past 7 Carnival cruises were and I have ALWAYS arrived at port between 10:30 and 11 am and they DO let you in the building but you do not get to board the ship until after weddings, VIP/platinum/whatever it's called, FTTF...then they call by number they gave you. I usually would get on the ship around noon.

Edited by laumicmah

BOLOGNA!!! They have NOT started staggered check in times with the Magic in PC yet. I am on it in August and have not been assigned nor selected a check in time. It states embarkation 12:30-3:00, on my docs, with ship leaving at 4pm. This is how all my past 7 Carnival cruises were and I have ALWAYS arrived at port between 10:30 and 11 am and they DO let you in the building but you do not get to board the ship until after weddings, VIP/platinum/whatever it's called, FTTF...then they call by number they gave you. I usually would get on the ship around noon.

MULTIPLE answers have stated there is no staggered check in at PC yet. But some just don't get it.

However, IF there was you would not be allowed in the building. :p