Next cruise certificate and cancellations?

I currently have a cruise booked for February. There is a chance I might need to cancel this cruise due to a surgery that might be scheduled during that time. I will find out the date of surgery within the month. What happens to the NCC? Do I loose it or am I able to use that same certificate again at the later time?

I have the booking with a travel agent, so if I am able to cancel do I need to use the same TA for the future booking or can I use someone else?

Thanks so much!

I currently have a cruise booked for February. There is a chance I might need to cancel this cruise due to a surgery that might be scheduled during that time. I will find out the date of surgery within the month. What happens to the NCC? Do I loose it or am I able to use that same certificate again at the later time?

I have the booking with a travel agent, so if I am able to cancel do I need to use the same TA for the future booking or can I use someone else?

Thanks so much!

Assuming by NCC you mean an open booking, if you cancel, you lose the NCC.

If you change to another cruise, you keep the NCC and you need to stay with the same travel agent.

Edited by clarea

You need to use the same TA. Technically the TA "owns" the booking. But you should be able to simply have the TA place the booking number on a new cruise. If you don't know what cruise you want, find one a year or so away and place the booking on it. That way you'll have a year to find the cruise you want, then you can rebook again. Your TA should know how to do this. If they don't, call Crown and Anchor and talk to them. But it should be very easy to do.

Yes it was an open booking. If it matters it was the older NCC before all the changes. We got it in 2014.

Just change the ship and/or sail date, but don't cancel. Hopefully the travel agent will not charge for changes.

Is it possible to transfer a paid booking to a future cruise?? We just received some awful news about a relative(brother in law) and have a cruise planned and paid for in Aug. Would we be able to transfer that booking or would we have to cancel and start new??

Thanks,

Carol

Yes it was an open booking. If it matters it was the older NCC before all the changes. We got it in 2014.

NEVER use the word "cancel" when using or referring to a NCC !!!

Stay away from the word "cancel" and TRANSFER the reservation number to a future date, any date. With the old NCC's you can transfer the booking several times without losing OBC.

"Several" :confused:.... as many times as you want to ...you will never lose anything regardless...Just never forget the terms of the NCC you purchased ;)