obsession

youagain

Why does everyone need a refrigerator? We were fine without one. Had one our 2nd cruise with Carnival and really did not use it. My Husband has a shot he takes and we put it in the ice bucket in a freezer bag. We put ice in our drinks/soda. Is it really a deal breaker for a room?

Why does everyone need a refrigerator? We were fine without one. Had one our 2nd cruise with Carnival and really did not use it. My Husband has a shot he takes and we put it in the ice bucket in a freezer bag. We put ice in our drinks/soda. Is it really a deal breaker for a room?

It's called personal preference. ;)

For us, if it's there, we'll use it. If it's not, we won't. No biggie either way.

We bring sodas on board for my husband. We keep 1 or 2 in the fridge at all times so he always has a cold one when he wants it. We don't use ice so there is no point in asking for a bucket of ice just to keep sodas on when we can put it in a fridge. We also have taken something back to our room and put it in to save for later. Like others said, it's not a deal breaker, but it is nice to have.

It's called personal preference. ;)

For us, if it's there, we'll use it. If it's not, we won't. No biggie either way.

Sounds just like us. We enjoy being able to put water bottles in it for cols water on demand but if we don't have one we'll just stick a bottle in the ice bucket :D

Having one for our first cruise was handy to put cartons of milk for our just turned 2 year old. The new surroundings and excitement made him not always sleep through the night and a cup of milk would resettle him. Last time we never used our fridge. No fridge on our next cruise and I think we will be fine without one. We may be a rare breed, because we never use ice in the ice bucket either and don't care about that. ;)

Having heard and read the stories about what people do with ice buckets, I won't use them.

All new ships have them and we find it very useful.

Having heard and read the stories about what people do with ice buckets, I won't use them.

Totally agree! And you never know how often they are cleaned/sanitized. Though if you're just putting bottled drinks in them that is not as worrisome as using the ice in drinks.