Wine question

Okay I understand that you can only have 2 bottles of wine per cabin. My question is how easy would it be to bring 2 bottles of wine in my carry on and have DH bring 2 in his carry on without them knowing we are in the same cabin? Can we separate for the security check? Do they question you if you have 2 bottles and not just 1 in your bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Okay I understand that you can only have 2 bottles of wine per cabin. My question is how easy would it be to bring 2 bottles of wine in my carry on and have DH bring 2 in his carry on without them knowing we are in the same cabin? Can we separate for the security check? Do they question you if you have 2 bottles and not just 1 in your bag?

Depends. Our last cruise my wife and I went through different scanners, no problem. But friends of ours had their luggage searched, and it was the same time (different scanner). So it can be hit or miss. If you do it, go with the expectation that 2 bottles will be confiscated. Then it won't be a big deal if they are.

The do NOT question you if you have 2 bottles in one bag. We have always done that. In fact, on one cruise a friend and his wife each had 2 bottles. Security found them, and the guy behind, a random passenger, said "I don't drink wine so I have no bottles. I'll take 2 through." The Security guy was fine with that. Go figure. :)

Edited by papaflamingo

what is so hard about actually abiding by the company's policy? the more people violate it the sooner they will go back to the old policy of not allowing it on at all or charging blanket corkage fees

whether or not you can get away with something is not a reason to actually do it. Integrity costs nothing.

Yes, you can do that

I don't think so. The rules clearly say "two bottles" per cabin so I don't think it's about paying corkage fees.

On our cruise I had two bottles in my backpack that went through the xray. They didn't even look at it at the scanner just sent me to secondary security for a check. They just looked to see if the bottles were still sealed. It was spring break so they were doing a very detailed exam.

It's been a while and this was a FLL boarding the Oasis, but I recall we cleared security prior to check-in. So they checked our documents for admission into the terminal, which means they knew we were both in the same cabin. But again we have done a few cruises recently so I could be wrong and confusing that with Carnival Galveston.

No problems, or just go through different lines if worried. I was asked if I had two bottles of wine, I sweetly answered yes and smiled. Security then kindly let me through with out a search. Hubby was not asked anything, he went through. We DID HAVE THE DRINK PACKAGE, we enjoyed our wine on our balcony in my nighty..........saving Royal money :)

There is no "corkage fee". So, no you can't pay to bring them on. That said, we have often brought on two bottles each, as we usually do b2b's. Never been questioned about it. Separate lines should insure no problem.

Hi, I'm sorry for going a little off topic in this thread, but how do you pack the wine bottles in your luggage? Do you buy special containers to protect them? I am bringing two bottles of red and I'm concerned about the handling of my bag and ending up with tie-dyed clothes.

Hi, I'm sorry for going a little off topic in this thread, but how do you pack the wine bottles in your luggage? Do you buy special containers to protect them? I am bringing two bottles of red and I'm concerned about the handling of my bag and ending up with tie-dyed clothes.

Wine enthusiast (or other sites) have 2 and 3 bottle neoprene totes. This, inside a sturdy ziplock with paper towels should suffice. This is for a 3 bottle (room for a cork tool)

And it looks like they have gone on sale (they are pricey)

http://m.wineenthusiast.com/bottleguard-neoprene-three-bottle-wine-protector-carrier-(neon).asp?source=igodigital

Edited by Brigbound

No real special packaging needed when you put in your carry on. That is the best way to bring on board.

Bingo! If you have ever seen the pile-up of luggage you would not dream of packing it IN your checked bags.

Plus if it breaks, you'll have more than just your clothes to worry about. You will have the luggage and clothes of others that your bottles damaged to deal with as well.

Just carry it on and save the worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Get a Travelon or Vinni wine bag. They are inflatable bags that protect wine bottles and contain spills. We have put wine in our checked luggage numerous times with one of those with no issues -- carry on would be even safer.

Plus, once you have drunk the wine you brought with you, you now have inflatable protection for any fragile souvenirs or duty free liquor that you may have procured in your travels!

Is it okay to purchase extra wine or champagne through the Royal Gift site? It will be delivered to your stateroom and some of the choices are pretty reasonable. In all, I would have 2 that I brought on board with me and a couple of bottles in my room waiting for me. Has anyone ever purchase from the Royal Online Gift store? Thoughts on my plans - is it okay to do this? Thanks in advance.

Do you have a link to some security rules where it says you have to go through the line together? Or the same line?

I was replying to the poster who stated you could pay a corkage fee on anything over two.

Is it okay to purchase extra wine or champagne through the Royal Gift site? It will be delivered to your stateroom and some of the choices are pretty reasonable. In all, I would have 2 that I brought on board with me and a couple of bottles in my room waiting for me. Has anyone ever purchase from the Royal Online Gift store? Thoughts on my plans - is it okay to do this? Thanks in advance.

No problem at all - you can even get bottles from room service if you wish.

Yes, you may prepurchase wine as a gift to your cabin. Expect to pay $30 on up.

Done it a few times, but keep in mind it won't be chilled. We found out the hard way with a couple of bottles of champagne we wanted for sail away on the balcony.

Sure it's a nice service & they'll also gift you some RCI branded travel cork screws if you do. Depending on how heavy you pour yourself a glass it works out to almost a free glass if you purchase by the bottle. Gratuity is added just like any other beverage purchase.