How many people in a cabin?

tidygirl

I am trying to figure out if Holland offers in side cabins that accommodate either 3 or 4 people? Do they have the Pullman beds? Looking at Oosterdam.

We have had inside cabins for four on the Westerdam, Maasdam and Rotterdam. There is a bunk that drops from the ceiling and a sofa bed as well as the twins that can convert to a queen size bed. We have booked these rooms as a couple because they seem more spacious than regular doubles. In my opinion, it would be really cozy for four people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are larger inside cabins on main deck which I hear are very spacious. Look for the square cabins on the deck plans. We stay as a family of 4 in one cabin on all cruises without an issue. I wouldn't do it with friends or 2 couples but for our family the quad cabins work nicely.

Consider keeping the main bed as two singles if in a regular inside or oceanview cabin. We learned that you get more floor space this way.

There are very few quad cabins on most HAL ships so we book early. The Koningsdam has more. But I didn't think you could book a quad without booking 4 in the cabin, or we were told HAL would not allow it when booking our first family cruise back in 2011. Since there are so few quad cabins I feel the same about couples booking them as I do about non mobility challenged people booking accessible cabins because they are roomier.

The quad cabins are the same floor space as triples and double cabins. No more Sq footage.

I am trying to figure out if Holland offers in side cabins that accommodate either 3 or 4 people? Do they have the Pullman beds? Looking at Oosterdam.
On deck plans quads are marked with a square (e.g. 1053) and the triples with a circle (e.g. 1059)

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=os&deck=m&WT.ac=pnav_Onboard_deckplan_OS

But I didn't think you could book a quad without booking 4 in the cabin, or we were told HAL would not allow it when booking our first family cruise back in 2011.
I just tried a test booking on the Oosterdam for 2 people and was offered several quad cabins, both inside and outside. The Main deck alone has about 65 quads.

Edited by jtl513

I just did a quad cabin with my 3 sisters. As someone else said we had two twin beds a bed that came down from the ceiling and a couch that turned into a bed. It was only for a week, but we were fine (hard to believe isn't it) We had two over the door holders. One on the inside of the bathroom door for bathroom stuff and one on the outside of the door for shoes. Our policy was if you get it out put it back. That kept the cabin neat and tidy.

OH one other thing we all had ear plugs as some or all of us snore!

We thought our biggest issue would be the bathroom, but even that turned out to be a non-issue.

I don't think I would do it with someone I didn't know very well, but with my sisters it was like we were young again and sharing a bedroom in our old house! Lots of laughs and lots of memories.....

If you want the biggest quads they go in an instant...the J cabins on Main. They are great...we've booked them just as a couple before for the square footage and cabin layout. We have 4 on the NA for a family cruise. Great cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are larger inside cabins on main deck which I hear are very spacious.

The quad cabins are the same floor space as triples and double cabins. No more Sq footage.

If you want the biggest quads they go in an instant...the J cabins on Main.

Note that the above statements are correct for the Vista and Signature ships, but not the S- and R-class ships. The S- and R-class ships do have some extra large cabins. On the S-class they are triples, not quads (I believe. that's what it looked like to me when I stayed in them).

The extra large cabin I have stayed in on the R-class is a double. I don't know of any extra large cabin on the R-class ships that is also a triple or quad; there are some in the "large" insides that aren't extra large.

The K-category cabins on Main Deck are also the same size, but aft of the aft elevator.

Yes, the doubles, triples, and quads are all the same size as each other; no additional floor space with the additional bed. No additional storage, either.

I've stayed in any number of them on all six ships, so am very familiar with them.

One advantage the insides have over the outsides is a longer shelf and more counter space in the bathroom. Storage can be at a premium when there are so many people in the cabin, so a little more storage can be precious.

On deck plans quads are marked with a square (e.g. 1053) and the triples with a circle (e.g. 1059)

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=os&deck=m&WT.ac=pnav_Onboard_deckplan_OS

I just tried a test booking on the Oosterdam for 2 people and was offered several quad cabins, both inside and outside. The Main deck alone has about 65 quads.

Just going by what we were told. Most quads, except for Koningsdam, are inside and outside on the lower decks. There are no quads in the mid ship area and the bulk of the verandah quads on Visa and Signature class are forward and only Deck 4, upper promenade has quads aft of the last elevators. There are no S suites and no aft balcony quad cabins and the Neptune Suites are all quads but that means a sofa bed for 2 which doesn't work for older boy/girl children like our family.