Going Home

BrnBrok

Our RCCL cruise on Allure of the Seas ends on a Sunday with arrival scheduled for 6:15 am in Port Everglades. Our flight home on Southwest is scheduled for 11:45 am. Any advice about taking a taxi, a ship transfer or private limo for our group of 12 with lots of luggage?

3 van/suv taxis for about $15+ per person is the easy and cheap solution -- the airport is about a 10-15 minute cab ride from the port.

Shuttles or cruise line transfers will be more expensive and slower.

To all thank you for your suv taxi suggestion. Glad that the cost is for all the folks going in each taxi. Hopefully they will hold about 4 each plus our usually large amount of luggage. So now the only issue is with the ship docking at 6:15 am and plane departing at 11:45am that we have lots of time to get through airport security once we conquer customs at the ship

A taxi from Port Everglades to FLL will be around $15 + tip for everyone in the taxi. It is NOT $15 per person as stated above.

I'm not the member you are referring to but he simply made a mistake. He is a regular on this board and I know for sure he didn't mean to type "per person". :D

OP, the price for each taxi is on the meter, not a flat rate. Make sure the driver turns on the meter.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Hi BrnBrok! I'm also from Owings Mills (Caves Valley) but I've lived in Ft. Lauderdale for about 30 yrs. I wanted to suggest that you download the Uber App...it's how many of us locals get around when we don't feel like driving. If you enter the invitation code rzh9gue, you will get up to $15 off your first ride, which should definitely cover your ride to the airport. The typical Uber car from port to airport costs less than $10 and holds 2 full pieces of luggage in the trunk, as well as smaller luggage inside the car or on top of the larger cases in the trunk. If you select XL on the app, you'll get an SUV that might be able to hold a bit more luggage...it costs a little more but still should be under $15. Make sure you turn location on on your cell phone, and don't request the car until you are outside the terminal waiting as they will arrive within minutes.

Edited by royalcruz