Infinity Questions

PromoLaine

We are set to sail next Sunday the 26th. I was wondering how long it takes to get used to no darkness in the evening? This is going to be so cool to experience but I do worry about how we are going to adjust once back in New York. I would love to hear what it's like. I am happy you get to see things from your balcony late in the evening. That will be nice to bundle up and sit out there and hope to see some whales or other wild life.

Did an Alaska cruise 14 years ago at exactly this time of year on HAL. The cabin had black out curtains so not an issue. We drew the blinds for an hour or so before bed to unwind a bit; I did some reading and sipped a glass of wine, no problem. Always sleep with ear plugs and my husband used a sleep mask thingie. Not nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. I'd check with Celebrity about the curtains to make sure.

I looked at the other posts and got this information:

We like booking our tours with private companies instead of the ship.... A smaller and more personal tour.

*Whale tour: Alaska Galore Tours - Icy Straight Point

Harv and Marv - Juneau

*Seaplane tour - Island Wings - Ketchikan

Southeast aviation-Ketchikan

I'm also going on the Infinity next June (2017) and was hoping since you all are going, can you please take a picture of the Tuscan Grill menu? Since the ship was refurbished, Celebrity changed the menu on her and then it will go to all the other ships. I was following a thread that stated depending on how people reacted to it, they might change it in June or July. So, I was hoping to see what their menu looks like at this time. Thanks!

You will love Harv and Marv. They show you a wonderful tour. Enjoy!

I haven't experienced Alaska in June but I have been to Baffin Island (Iqaluit) in June. It is an amazing experience to see it like dusk at 2 a.m. and next thing you know the sun is up again. But I don't think you will find it bothers your sleep. Pull the curtains and you won't know what it's like out there.

Hi All my DH and I are on the fence about upgrading to the premium beverage package. It would be a $200 upgrade for the 2 of us. We have the classic included in our cruise.

Just looking for opinions on what you all think about the difference between the 2 packages. Difference in wines also. What would that allow us at dinner compared to the classic package. Just trying to make a decision.

Also, as far as the coffee cafe (sorry forgot the name of it) are all the coffees included in the classic or just a certain type and then the rest are for the premium package?

Any info or opinions would be gladly welcomed :)

Hi All my DH and I are on the fence about upgrading to the premium beverage package. It would be a $200 upgrade for the 2 of us. We have the classic included in our cruise.

Just looking for opinions on what you all think about the difference between the 2 packages. Difference in wines also. What would that allow us at dinner compared to the classic package. Just trying to make a decision.

Also, as far as the coffee cafe (sorry forgot the name of it) are all the coffees included in the classic or just a certain type and then the rest are for the premium package?

Any info or opinions would be gladly welcomed :)

You can wait until you are on the ship to upgrade to the Premium Bvg Package - this way you are able to see what is available on your specific ship w/ the Classic Package b/4 you make your decision. If you are a regular patron of the Martini Bar - you may want to upgrade. We saw people upgrade for the last day or two only - so they could enjoy the Martini Bar @ the end of their cruise. You may upgrade @ anytime - but it does cover the entire rest of the cruise once you upgrade.

Coffee Drinks are included in the Classic BVG Package @ Café Al Bacio. This included all drinks when we were on the Connie last month. Although this may be ship dependent. All espresso based non-alcoholic drinks & espresso based alcoholic drinks were included -- love the Venetian Coffee :)

We are going next June to Alaska and were looking for any other suggestions for tours in Ketchikan. We are already doing whale watching tours in Juneau and Icy straight point. We were thinking about doing airplane or helicopter but they seem a little expensive right now. Any suggestions would be welcome!

There are also ports of call boards that will have way more info specific to your ports.

I am glad you are getting your fridge - the 'refrigerators' on the ship keep things cool, but not cold. If any medication needs to stay as cold as a real fridge the standard room fridge (which is found in every cabin) will just not do it.

If you are sensitive to light when sleeping, I would bring a sleep mask. If you get sunny weather (questionable in Alaska but it can happen) then the room drapes definitely are not dark enough for some people (myself included). TJ MAXX usually has very comfortable ones for around $5.00.

If you want to tour the Yukon in Skagway, I recommend trying to rent a car if any are still available. We used Avis, which is a fairly short walk right in town. This way you can stop whenever the urge strikes for short hikes along the way - beautiful! We have done the train as well which is very, very nice, but much more expensive and you don't get to see as much as when you drive up there on your own. Also, if you do this remember to bring your passport as you are crossing the border, which you do not do on the train.

Enjoy! We did a 5/12 and 5/20 B2B on Millie and it was amazing - one of our best vacations (and for the record our 5th time to Alaska - we love it!)

Edited by phoenix_dream

We are going next June to Alaska and were looking for any other suggestions for tours in Ketchikan. We are already doing whale watching tours in Juneau and Icy straight point. We were thinking about doing airplane or helicopter but they seem a little expensive right now. Any suggestions would be welcome!

I would highly recommend the float plane trip over Misty Fjords Monument in Ketchikan. I have done it twice, and most recently I went with Island Wings. While the flight is expensive, I think it is the trip of a lifetime. The beauty of the snow covered mountains and the lakes is spectacular. On the Island Wings flight we landed on a lake and got off the plane. Island Wings has only one plane that carries 6 passengers. So if you are interested, you must book very early. Whatever you do, you will love your cruise.

Carolyn

Is there a Happy Hour for cruisers (2 for 1) on a daily basis or certain bar's? No drink pkg as not drinking every day.......just want to know if there are options to try some new things at reasonable HH prices. Not elite so that also doesn't matter................TIA :)

I would highly recommend the float plane trip over Misty Fjords Monument in Ketchikan. I have done it twice, and most recently I went with Island Wings. While the flight is expensive, I think it is the trip of a lifetime. The beauty of the snow covered mountains and the lakes is spectacular. On the Island Wings flight we landed on a lake and got off the plane. Island Wings has only one plane that carries 6 passengers. So if you are interested, you must book very early. Whatever you do, you will love your cruise.

Carolyn

I read the reviews of Island Wings in Trip Advisor and it sounded like what DH and I were looking for. I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks for your suggestion. Trip Advisor has helped us make a lot of our decisions! In Icy Straight Point we are going on a whale watching tour with Glacier Wind Charters and in Juneau we are going on a whale watching tour with Harv and Marv. Many people on cruise critic suggested them and we looked up their reviews too.

Thanks!

They will certainly empty the mini bar ( fridge) for you.[/QUOT

We just got off the Infinity a couple of weeks ago. As soon as we met the Steward, he came in the room and told us about the mini bar and said, "We do NOT empty the mini bar for anyone!" We didn't even ask him :rolleyes: I wasn't even going to ask him...it wasn't important to us. I'm sure if you get a nicer Steward, he will do it.

Anyway, the cruise was beyond AMAZING!!!! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

They will certainly empty the mini bar ( fridge) for you.[/QUOT

We just got off the Infinity a couple of weeks ago. As soon as we met the Steward, he came in the room and told us about the mini bar and said, "We do NOT empty the mini bar for anyone!" We didn't even ask him :rolleyes: I wasn't even going to ask him...it wasn't important to us. I'm sure if you get a nicer Steward, he will do it.

Anyway, the cruise was beyond AMAZING!!!! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I always empty the fridge and tell our room steward what I did and where I put it (usually in the tiny shelves above the storage area)...on the last night I put everything back into the fridge and I've never been charged for anything. We keep our water bottles and a few pieces of fruit in the fridge and it usually keeps them cold enough.

We have done the zodiak boat tour with Ketchikan Adventures both times we've been in town and it's such a blast! We booked through the ship (Princess) but you can contact KA directly to book on your own if you wish. You will typically go out in a zodiak with four people in total, but we have been lucky enough to have just the two of us which makes for a bit of a bumpier ride (more fun, IMO!) We've seen all kinds of sealife up close (whales, sea lions, etc) and just had a hoot zipping around on the zodiaks. KA outfits you with everything you need to stay warm and dry and even provides you with a free photo memento of your visit! Highly recommend.

They also have an ATV/Jeep land based tour that you can go on. We've never done that one so can't say much about it, but if you look up their website it will give you all of the details. Have fun, whatever you end up doing!

We have done the zodiak boat tour with Ketchikan Adventures both times we've been in town and it's such a blast! We booked through the ship (Princess) but you can contact KA directly to book on your own if you wish. You will typically go out in a zodiak with four people in total, but we have been lucky enough to have just the two of us which makes for a bit of a bumpier ride (more fun, IMO!) We've seen all kinds of sealife up close (whales, sea lions, etc) and just had a hoot zipping around on the zodiaks. KA outfits you with everything you need to stay warm and dry and even provides you with a free photo memento of your visit! Highly recommend.

They also have an ATV/Jeep land based tour that you can go on. We've never done that one so can't say much about it, but if you look up their website it will give you all of the details. Have fun, whatever you end up doing!

I looked up Ketchikan Adventures but couldn't find them on the net or on Trip Advisor. Could there be a different variation of the name?

Thank you all for your suggestions! [emoji41]

I looked up Ketchikan Adventures but couldn't find them on the net or on Trip Advisor. Could there be a different variation of the name?

Thank you all for your suggestions! [emoji41]

Oh my goodness...that's because they're called KETCHIKAN OUTDOORS, not Adventures! I'm so sorry - total brain fart on my part!

We just got back from our Alaskan Cruise on the Celebrity Infinity July 3rd. DO NOT MISS the Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour in Ketchikan! TOTAL 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!! Their ship is right there when you get off your cruise ship. It's a 3 hour tour and you are entertained from the minute you board to the minute the tour finished. Great group of people running the show and you learn so much. The eagle nesting ground was spectacular! Took your breath away.

Hi Tikibargirl! I think we're the only living people going on next Sunday's cruise! LOL :) I'm so EXCITED!!!! I don't even remember what it was like to have such little darkness... I hope the weather is decent for us! I think you can ask them to remove the "chargeable" mini bar items, but I don't think they will specifically stock items that are included... though you may be able to stock it yourself....:D

Wasn't our weather beautiful??? What a great cruise we were so lucky to get 1 mile away from Hubbard glacier. All we kept saying the entire week was "are we on a movie set"??

I do have to say I was very upset with the classic drink package. Not about the assortment but the fact that all the large main bars did not have Jose Quervo Tequila. The Constilation lounge one of the largest lounges did not even carry it. They were using some cheap tequila and when I asked they told me I was not entitled to Jose Quervo on my drink package. WRONG! I was very frustrated with the drinks. Every bar should be stocked with what is on the drink package. BIG money maker for them and seriously the only one that made the drink I wanted (which was only a frozen margarita) was the pool bar outside. Very disappointed with their bar service at most of the bars. Just not right when people are paying for this. So happy I didn't pay the money to upgrade to premium. Other than that Celebrity was awesome!

can you tell me what other trips you did? I know this sounds like a stupid question and I have read some reviews - does it matter if you're not into fishing!!!

I am not into fishing at all LOL This is a retired deadliest catch (the show on TV) boat. It was hit by a rouge wave in the 2nd season and they use it now for tours. This trip is for anyone. They are very funny and entertaining and tell you how it can really get out there on the Bering sea.

You will never see eagles as close as you will on this tour. I mean huge amounts of eagles gliding and picking up fish that they were throwing out there. It left us all speechless!

can you tell me what other trips you did? I know this sounds like a stupid question and I have read some reviews - does it matter if you're not into fishing!!!

Also, just look it up on tripadvisor and read all the wonderful comments and ratings on there.

We just got back from our Alaskan Cruise on the Celebrity Infinity July 3rd. DO NOT MISS the Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour in Ketchikan! TOTAL 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!! Their ship is right there when you get off your cruise ship. It's a 3 hour tour and you are entertained from the minute you board to the minute the tour finished. Great group of people running the show and you learn so much. The eagle nesting ground was spectacular! Took your breath away.

Cool I just booked this!!!