Ovation, No more Diamond Lounge

We just returned from 30 days on the Ovation, Barcelona to Singapore. Lots of languages and Nationalities among the passengers and ALL of the written documentation, including Menus, Cruise Compass, Daily Planner, Signage etc. was done in almost all languages! So, I would say, not to worry. Also the audible announcements were done in various languages as well as the morning show and other RCI internal TV Programing and the navigational chart/channel.

We did notice the "subtle" changes that were occurring as we sailed closer to the "Chinese Market" addition of more oriental signage and changes in staff, especially Guest Services and the Dining Room. We were also told that for the Chinese Market the "style" of service in the dining room is being adapted ore to family style instead of "course" service for those who prefer family style which I guess the "new" market does. If you want "course" service it will also be available upon request. We saw this being slowly implemented on the later part of our 30 days for the Indian and Middle Eastern guests.

We were also on Ovation for the Barcelona to Dubai and Dubai to Singapore sailings. The Diamond Lounge was converted to the Golden Club on the last day of the Dubai to Singapore leg. We were told the 2nd floor of the Music Hall would be used as the Diamond lounge after that. In fact on the last night of our cruise that is exactly what was done since they were still working on the conversion.

The lounge on deck 12 was definitely a CL and not a SL on our sailings. We had just made D+ on our prior cruise and were in there often. It is a very nice lounge although a bit of a walk (good exercise opportunity!). Not sure if there are plans to change it to a SL any time soon.

Edited by eel

We were also on Ovation for the Barcelona to Dubai and Dubai to Singapore sailings. The Diamond Lounge was converted to the Golden Club on the last day of the Dubai to Singapore leg. We were told the 2nd floor of the Music Hall would be used as the Diamond lounge after that. In fact on the last night of our cruise that is exactly what was done since they were still working on the conversion.

The lounge on deck 12 was definitely a CL and not a SL on our sailings. We had just made D+ on our prior cruise and were in there often. It is a very nice lounge although a bit of a walk (good exercise opportunity!). Not sure if there are plans to change it to a SL any time soon.

So D+ could use the CL? What about D? If there was an area for D on deck 4 or Music Hall, why would you go to CL??

Thanks

So D+ could use the CL? What about D? If there was an area for D on deck 4 or Music Hall, why would you go to CL??

Thanks

What do you not understand about C&A stats and lounges?

D+ and Pinnacle and Suite guests have access to Diamond and Concierge Lounge.

When on a ship with a Diamond and Suites lounge (no CL) the suite guests and pinnacles can use the SL (suites lounge) - Pinnacle members also can use the D lounge when there is no CL. D+ use the Diamond Lounge, as do the Ds.

Please do not start an argument on this board as you have done on two other boards with the result being both were shut down.

Hope you are right but on our sailing the Suite lounge was only if you were in a suite or a Pinnacle member.

We just got off Ovation in Singapore.

D+ was allowed in the Deck 12 Lounge from Barcelona through Singapore. I don't know what happened after that.

D used the upper Music Hall, which was the overflow area from the lounge.

Everyone D and above gets the 3 drinks on the Sea pass. You do not have to use them if you are at one of the lounges.

Hope this helps.

Edited by cleopetra

When on a ship with a Diamond and Suites lounge (no CL) the suite guests and pinnacles can use the SL (suites lounge) - Pinnacle members also can use the D lounge when there is no CL. D+ use the Diamond Lounge, as do the Ds.

Please do not start an argument on this board as you have done on two other boards with the result being both were shut down.

Good to know. On some posts, D+ were asked to leave CL/SL on some ships. I am not trying to start an argument but I am amused when people think they are entitled to a perk, not a right. I book suites and buy drink packages. I have no issues but I find it hilarious that many worry about what lounge and free drinks they can visit for certain hours.

Edited by troykahack

Good to know. On some posts, D+ were asked to leave CL/SL on some ships. I am not trying to start an argument but I am amused when people think they are entitled to a perk, not a right. I book suites and buy drink packages. I have no issues but I find it hilarious that many worry about what lounge and free drinks they can visit for certain hours.

I wondered how long it would take you to continue your last thread onto this one.

It only seems like it's you who is bothered by lounges

Either there is nothing he/she understands or he/she is just stirring the pot....

Some people live for this. Sad but true.

JC

We just got off Ovation in Singapore.

D+ was allowed in the Deck 12 Lounge from Barcelona through Singapore. I don't know what happened after that.

D used the upper Music Hall, which was the overflow area from the lounge.

Everyone D and above gets the 3 drinks on the Sea pass. You do not have to use them if you are at one of the lounges.

Hope this helps.

We are on Ovation now and all of the above remains true.

So having been on Ovation I am wrong, must have been dreaming then.

No, of Course you are spot on, despite all deckplans and all Reports from People who have been on Ovation, just like myself. I just returned after having spent several weeks on her and opened the CL door with my D+ Card every single day. No signage that says SL either.

If you are dreaming or not - I don´t know. All I know is you are spreading wrong information.

Fortunately this poster has shown it´s face right from the beginning, so I was able to quickly put it on the ignore list.:cool:

Unfortunately there´s been a lot of new Posters lately showing this trollish behavior.

Either there is nothing he/she understands or he/she is just stirring the pot....

Some people live for this. Sad but true.

JC

I agree JC.

240_F_96432681_SiU541qSXvQL58wt1MCOfuuWn7Ks4ION.jpg

I wondered how long it would take you to continue your last thread onto this one.

It only seems like it's you who is bothered by lounges

I have not started any threads. I just think it is hilarious when cruisers get uptight about what lounge and free drinks. Those that have issues should book a suite and buy drink packages then all will be better off as will my stock in RCCL.

What I have observed so far is RCCL adapts their lounge setup depending on where the ship is.

For mature markets like Caribbean, the setup seems to be heading towards DL-SL where D plus don't have access anymore to the SL.

For emerging markets like Asia, it seems to be heading for the CL only for suites, D+ and above only. Just like what is happening now in Quantum and Ovation as long as they are in Asia. Diamonds have no lounge but have a nightly Diamond event and coffee and breakfast in lieu of having it in the DL is obtained elsewhere. Because there are not much Diamond members and up in Asia.

For mid markets like Europe and Australia, the setup is still the CL-DL we are all familiar with.

Edited by roquejo

We are on Ovation now and all of the above remains true.

I believe the Ovation is currently sailing out of an Asian but non-Chinese port (Singapore maybe?). If so, would you mind letting us know if the Royal Suites Class perks are in operation notwithstanding the new Golden Room etc? Thanks!

We sailed from Singaore on way to Tianjin (Beijing). We are in Sky Class and have received all perks. I can't speak for Star Class - I have not heard of anyone having a "genie" but then again, I haven't asked.

Edited by kccrzr

We sailed from Singaore on way to Tianjin (Beijing). We are in Sky Class and have received all perks. I can't speak for Star Class - I have not heard of anyone having a "genie" but then again, I haven't asked.

Thanks! Still keeping fingers crossed for our Mar/April cruise next year and hoping there will be free internet etc. We have a grand suite booked so if there is some similar Royal Suite class system in place would be in Sky class as well.

If you are dreaming or not - I don´t know. All I know is you are spreading wrong information.

Sorry you feel that I was spreading wrong information but that was not as that happened when we were on Ovation, was it different when you were on?

If it was then all well and good but believe me I really do NOT send wrong information just like to help when ever I can but will not do so in future if people like you have that sort of attitude and want to keep on about things not written that you can completely agree with.

Thanks! Still keeping fingers crossed for our Mar/April cruise next year and hoping there will be free internet etc. We have a grand suite booked so if there is some similar Royal Suite class system in place would be in Sky class as well.

The free internet is a great perk - and it is fast!

Sorry you feel that I was spreading wrong information but that was not as that happened when we were on Ovation, was it different when you were on?

If it was then all well and good but believe me I really do NOT send wrong information just like to help when ever I can but will not do so in future if people like you have that sort of attitude and want to keep on about things not written that you can completely agree with.

Why do cc members keep attacking other cc members? I can understand if someone is on the same cruise on the same date mentioning that they had a different experience but it seems to me that RCI is offering different conditions in different areas and on different cruises. Just because one cruiser had a particular experience does not mean that everyone is getting that experience. It is very clear that the conditions are different in different parts of the world. I welcome hearing about everyone's experience!

It's not necessarily attacking people, but surely it's not wrong to correct misinformation.

Missus Makkem has stated quite categorically that there was a 'suite' lounge which was not open to D+ members. Others have pointed out that the sign said 'concierge' lounge.

Whilst I agree that these things do vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise I believe that Missus Makkem was on the 3 May sailing of Ovation. I was on that same cruise. Our cabin was just along from the Concierge Lounge - not a suite - and we are D+ We used our keys to open the door every day - for drinks in the evening and coffee during the day.

Edited by Bobal

Hope you are right but on our sailing the Suite lounge was only if you were in a suite or a Pinnacle member.

Maybe I missed the post but how did you deduce this? By a note in your cabin, by your SeaPass card not opening the door, by rumor from someone, asked crew?

I just got off from Ovation last June 12 so I have to provide the correct information for everyone based on what's in my sailing and this is fairly recent since this is just last week.

The lounge is CL and is open to D+ and above. And D+ and above are also welcome to join the Diamonds at the Music Hall 2nd floor for nightly Diamond event.

My current understanding that the SL concept currently applies to Allure, Oasis, and Freedom only so far, the D+ are not allowed and it serves wine and beer all day and not just in the happy hour. But there may be other ships that implemented this that I am not aware of. And I have no idea if there are other ships sailing from outside the US that has adapted the SL concept.

But I can say, (as I just got off the ship!!) That Ovation has CL for anyone who is sailing Ovation soon and wants updated information. And I was told by the concierge that here is no DL in Ovation until the ship enters Australia in December