Weather on Anthem in August

We are booked for the August 25th 9 day cruise on Anthem from New Jersey going to Canada/New England. We have never cruised up that way (we usually go South) at this time of the year so we are not sure what to pack. Will it be cold? I'm assuming a jacket/sweatshirt but what about pants/shorts and will it be warm enough to swim? Thanks

We are booked for the August 25th 9 day cruise on Anthem from New Jersey going to Canada/New England. We have never cruised up that way (we usually go South) at this time of the year so we are not sure what to pack. Will it be cold? I'm assuming a jacket/sweatshirt but what about pants/shorts and will it be warm enough to swim? Thanks

Airconditioning

The average temp in Bayonne on Aug 25 is 83 degrees. . . . but, it could be in the 90s. It will likely be hot and humid.

If it is raining in the Canadian ports it may feel pretty raw. We had rain in Bar Harbor one year in mid Sept and it was very chilly. But, Portland, ME was beautiful and we used the pool when we returned from our excursion. Newfoundland was rainy, too-- and chilly.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Hot and humid usually. August is the best month for warm weather and less rain. Perfect month to cruise up here in the North east. Maybe a sweater at night with the sea breeze but perfect weather for your cruise. You'll love the sea coast and ports. Have a wonderful cruise.:)

I have a choice between September and October for this itinerary...Which would you choose and why should I ? Thanks so much as this will be a first for this itinerary.

New England weather is notoriously unpredictable. I have gone to Labor Day cookouts in 90 degree heat and I have gone in 50 degree temperature. We have done NE/Canada out of Boston twice, both times we went the second week in October. We were in shorts, even in Canada on the first cruise. Other cruise was cool and rainy.

Be prepared for warm weather and cool weather.

I went on the 9 day last year same week-- I brought sweatshirts and a windbreaker. Basically wore short sleeves most of the trip with capris (nj, Boston) and light-weight long pants rest of the trip. It wasn't cold at all. (It could be though). There was ZERO color because it was too early and we had such a late summer last year. Still had fun, though

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am on your cruise.

I needed a jacket when I went whale watching in October from Bar Harbor and packing a light jacket for this one.

October will be much cooler in Maine. While a light jacket is a good idea even in August, I'd also plan that it could hit 80 on ANY day (I think in Halifax it was close to that).

Have fun!! It was a great trip

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app