Picture this! Rates

We received an invitation to do a shoot (no sitting fee and no purchase obligation). When we went to view the photos two days later, we were shocked to find that it cost USD2500 for all 100+ photos!! I had gone on the FAQ portion of the Mycruisephoto website and was only expecting a cost of around USD1600 thereabouts. We are still reeling over the cost and haven't decided whether to go for it but wonder if anyone knows if this is a recent price increase? Thanks!

Not just for this, but for any purchase above say $500 ask a lot of questions and get a price BEFORE you purchase anything. Be glad they are not making you purchase the package. Anyone can charge anything they want - it is up to the consumer to do some research and put a value on a product. If you don't think they are worth that much money leave them - it doesn't really matter what the price used to be.

If they had any kind of strings tied to the session, we wouldn't have agreed to sit in the first place. Just very surprised at the difference between the ballpark on the website and the actual costs. Too bad the photos actually look nice - tough decision to make.

$2500 !!!!!! To me that is one great hourly rate the photographer is charging.

Are the photographers on a cruise that professional they can charge such a premium? To me it a huge amount of money that they are 'pressurising' you to spend on what, at a guess was an impulse?

As you have internet access, I assume, maybe contact a local professional photographer at home and see what they would charge. That to me would be a bit of a sanity check. Plus you get to have your hair done maybe different outfits etc if you have a professional do a photo shoot at home.

Then again if the cruise is the only opportunity to get everyone in the photos that may increase their value to you.

If you can not think of something better to spend $2500 on and you like the photos go for it. It's your money and you can't take it with you.

Above all have fun and enjoy your cruise.