From Aboard Summit Cruise End Review

jbuch02

Hi since you were just in Bermuda would you be able to confirm something for me? When the ship is in port in Bermuda is the ship time the same time as port time? On another post someone mentioned something starting at 9:30 then saying that it would mean 8:30 ship time... I was under the impression that at least in Bermuda when the ship was there it was the same time as the port...anyone who has recently been or knows for sure please let me know...this could alter our plans. :confused:

Hi since you were just in Bermuda would you be able to confirm something for me? When the ship is in port in Bermuda is the ship time the same time as port time? On another post someone mentioned something starting at 9:30 then saying that it would mean 8:30 ship time... I was under the impression that at least in Bermuda when the ship was there it was the same time as the port...anyone who has recently been or knows for sure please let me know...this could alter our plans. :confused:

You and the ship will change your clocks one hour forward going to Bermuda, usually on Monday night into Tuesday morning, so you are on Bermuda time. Then you will get that hour back on Friday night into Saturday morning when you set your clocks one hour back to NYC time.

We have sailed to Bermuda 5 times on Celebrity and just got off Summit on June 5th.

You and the ship will change your clocks one hour forward going to Bermuda, usually on Monday night into Tuesday morning, so you are on Bermuda time. Then you will get that hour back on Friday night into Saturday morning when you set your clocks one hour back to NYC time.

We have sailed to Bermuda 5 times on Celebrity and just got off Summit on June 5th.

Oh fabulous...that makes me feel so better! I will let my roll call know. As someone was posting about dockyard events and was talking about the reenactment that was at 9:30 and they said they assumed that was 8:30 ship time...I can tell them that no it will be 9:30 ship time as well since both are on the same time...THANK YOU THANK YOU!! whew.

Oh fabulous...that makes me feel so better! I will let my roll call know. As someone was posting about dockyard events and was talking about the reenactment that was at 9:30 and they said they assumed that was 8:30 ship time...I can tell them that no it will be 9:30 ship time as well since both are on the same time...THANK YOU THANK YOU!! whew.

There is also a reenactment in St. Georges at 12:30 PM in the square. That is a hoot. We took the ferry over to St. Georges and then took the bus back to Hamilton, then took the ferry back from Hamilton to the Dockyard.

Have a fun.

There is also a reenactment in St. Georges at 12:30 PM in the square. That is a hoot. We took the ferry over to St. Georges and then took the bus back to Hamilton, then took the ferry back from Hamilton to the Dockyard.

Have a fun.

Great thanks! We plan on...doing the ferry to see the Caves.

Thanks for great informative review-departing for same cruise June 19 with our 3 adult children and our two 13 year old twin grandsons-7 of us in all-plan to do the caves and horseshoe beach on our own and maybe do last day at snorkel beach near the ship-all like snorkeling-plan to do the caves via ferry to St. George and then bus.

I must say that your review of MDR service is the same as ours. One of the things we loved was the connection with our servers over the many nights. Unless you are just at a table for 2, we find recently that it is take order, serve, rush dinner and get you out. We miss that so much.

Also we found that we do not use the balcony enough to offset the extra fee unless, of course, it is on a cruise to say to Alaska.

We recently took our family on a Norwegian cruise(our first on this line -not that as bad as I thought it would be - fun for kids) and their main dining was a lot worse.

Back to Bermuda in August on Celebrity and looking forward to it.

Thanks for a great review.

What a spectacularly well-balanced review! I truly, TRULY appreciated this. I especially appreciated that this was not yet another review about the Aqua staterooms or concierge ones because we can't all do that. I am sure we would still feel just as spoiled and pampered even if we were in inside staterooms or simple oceanview ones, no?

We are newbies to Celebrity and will be on the Summit on July 31st this year to Bermuda, celebrating several milestone birthdays (16, 21, 50, 25th anniversaries :)). I am worried about hurricane season but I hope for the best. Sadly, we will not get to experience Capt. Kate as she is going on vacation end of June but hope to have just as great a leader when we get on.

Dreamer68, I'm on that sailing with my daughter. Join the roll call! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2256701

What a spectacularly well-balanced review! I truly, TRULY appreciated this. I especially appreciated that this was not yet another review about the Aqua staterooms or concierge ones because we can't all do that. I am sure we would still feel just as spoiled and pampered even if we were in inside staterooms or simple oceanview ones, no?

We are newbies to Celebrity and will be on the Summit on July 31st this year to Bermuda, celebrating several milestone birthdays (16, 21, 50, 25th anniversaries :)). I am worried about hurricane season but I hope for the best. Sadly, we will not get to experience Capt. Kate as she is going on vacation end of June but hope to have just as great a leader when we get on.

That is a great idea to take a regular balcony then the unlimited dining package. Especially on the Silly and Reflection. The lawn grill is great and the porch another good open for lunch! We have done this a few times- even in a suite. While luminae is good- the speciality restaurants better! However not as much choice as the Summit only has Tuscan and Qsine. Also bistro which is IMO good for lunch- The all inclusive is only available for purchase on board.

Thank you for the review!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Dreamer68, I'm on that sailing with my daughter. Join the roll call! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2256701

We're on that sailing too! Look forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks so much to the OP for this great review. We have also sailed on the Summit many times (this will be our 7th) and Celebrity 15 times. We love the Summit- it is our favorite ship. And we also love the oceanview cabins on deck 3, specifically the newer ones where the conference room used to be. This time we got a guarantee and they placed us on deck 2, but we're fine with that! Our most recent cruise on Summit was in March and we were on Deck 11 in an AQ and we decided we'd be happier in the oceanview and being able to sail more often!

I also agree that the specialty restaurants onboard Summit are not really worth the $45 fee. Hopefully we'll get a chance to get a discount for a night.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a thorough review!

We are in an OV as well. How were the beds set up. Were they along the porthole side, or along the side wall where the closet would be. I hope they are not directly against the porthole side.

Also - does the shower have a curtain or sliding doors?

Really hoping we don't have that nasty weather in August. That would not be pleasant.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review. We will be aboard the Summit on August 21st. I had two questions.

Did you go to any karaoke sessions? If yes, how were they?

Was there a guest talent show at the end of the week ?

Thanks again,

LOU

Both times I've been on the Summit Bermuda itinerary, the karaoke sessions were run as a competition. The first night was just open mike, but after that there were three qualifying heats to choose singers to advance to the final competition. The final show was on the last night of the cruise.

Our first time we went to all the sessions (my daughter was in the final competition), and there were many talented folks who gave enjoyable performances. No groups or duets were allowed, for some reason, which takes some fun away for people who prefer to sing with others.

The second trip, this May, we didn't attend but I know the competition format was the same.

The selection of songs was kind of spotty--most of our favorites weren't available.

Thanks again for the review. Will be sailing the summit in less then two weeks- have sailed her multiple times previously.

What movies were shown on the rooftop? Heard on an earlier review that the Martini bar was using champagne glasses-not Martini glasses. Is that still the case?

Edited by Cruise a holic