Proposal and renewal of vows on liberty of the seas

There are steps up to the Chapel in Viking Crown Lounge (deck 15 on ship diagram). I have never gone up there, but the steps were there last month. I have been to the chapel on other ships and it was always empty.

What a romantic thing to do!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I also suggest the helipad. BUT.....We walk the deck every evening after dinner and often find the helipad is closed off with a gate many evenings. Perhaps your schedule will allow your re-proposal during the day and the helipad is generally a quiet place all day ( except if arriving or departing a port) . My husband and I exchanged vows on the Jewel helipad several years ago mid-morning on a sea day. The place was empty for most of the time. Another family walked the helipad for a while when we were there - and that was it!

If you want it in the evening, we do find that often we are the only people on the outside deck after ( late seating) dinner and especially later in the evening. The smoking side will have some activity, but not the other side. If you walk towards the front or back you should be away from access doors and will find privacy. We often remark that the ship has several thousand passengers, and we are the only ones strolling the deck at 11PM!

Enjoy and best wishes.

M

BTW - I suspect she will say "yes" a second time:)

Additionally, the helipad is pitch black at night, like you could trip on the stairs it's so dark. The bridge needs total darkness for their instruments to work so, although it sounds very romantic, it's actually not very, in my opinion. :o

The actual renewal part - if you do it through the cruise line it will be very expensive, just so you know. Here is a link to the info, courtesy clarea from another post; the "Just Us" package on page 7 is for renewals:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_weddings

What are your ports? You could renew on a beach if you are doing a warm-weather cruise.

Have a few things planned...if you are being spontaneous it might just mean finding the right time and place as it unfolds. Agree with the the helipad option...maybe for sunset? Or if doing a beach excursion it would be lovely to walk along the beach and propose... Honestly, even on the balcony at sunset might be wonderful.

Good luck with planning!!!! You now have an excuse to pack some REALLY good champagne in your carry on... [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by widallas

Not looking to do through the cruise line. I may do the renewal in the adults area of the pool late at night or if I get a balcony room maybe in my room

Yes, you could make the renewal more of a personal, intimate affair with just the two of you saying what is in your hearts. Perhaps a celebratory dinner at one of the specialty restaurants might be in order! :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers