Live from the infinity - June 12 a 19

DanaDanes

We are staying at the Vancouver Hyatt right near the ship terminal. What advice did you get about the time to board the ship? We are so close to the ship we are not sure what the best time is for us to check out and head to the ship to avoid massive crowds.

We are allergic to lines crowds and mayhem. So the consensus for us was go late. Also we don't have much time in Vancouver so we wanted to see a little. Your mileage may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here's a question for you. On their sodas. What do they have that diet. Only Diet Coke or diet Pepsi? Would be great to find out thank you

I've had Diet Coke and Sprite Zero. As well as dietetic vitamin Water's. Be aware that not every location has every drink. I'm sorry to report there is NO DT. DR PEPPER. MAYDAY!!!!!!

We had other awesome food and coffee too. I had a special frittata with so much deliciousness in it - goat cheese, Carmelized onions, yams, herbs and tomatoes. His bad had a delicious cassoulet bathe sauce was kind of Indian/North African tasting to me. Yum.

We meandered back Canada place at 2. No line to check in and about 8 minutes in customs. Room was ready! This is the way to do it! Thanks again martincath for steering is there!

You're very welcome Dana - glad Medina lived up to the hype and my advice to embark at 2pm or later worked for you!

The cassoulet and a waffle is what I have myself and my better half usually has the frittata, so good choices all;-)

Thanks for taking the time to fill us in! We sail on June 26th! I'm guessing all is well with the ships condition. Looking forward to hearing how your stop in Ketchikan goes. :)

There's a pesky bit of rust visible on our balcony overhang. Otherwise shipshape. The walls in our suite are a bit banged up, likely from folks in scooters or chairs who have enjoyed a beverage package then tried to park wheeee!

Seriously a lovely and lovingly cared for ship in all respects.

You're very welcome Dana - glad Medina lived up to the hype and my advice to embark at 2pm or later worked for you!

The cassoulet and a waffle is what I have myself and my better half usually has the frittata, so good choices all;-)

Martin! My hero!!

Oh what a sea day!

I was up at some obscene hour due to my body's slavish adherence to the east coast clock. Also, because ping pong. Saw a few beautifully maintained lighthouses in the dim. Bravo Canada!!

Roger the hero brought coffee at 630. We just ordered a sad little hard boiled egg before husband hit a spin class, but celebrity jazzed it up wit a grilled tomato asparagus and mushrooms. Thanks celebrity!

Husband went to spin class at 8 while I donned stretchy sorry yoga pants in order to better enjoy luminae breakfast.

Here is tomorrow's (day 3 icy strait). I'll give today's summary soon.

Glad you are both enjoying your first cruise.

When you provide your latest updates could you possibly provide a listing of the Senior Officers. You would have received this information in print form on the first day of your sailing, along with your first daily planner.

If you don't have it but can retrieve names from crew or guest relations desk would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and continue to enjoy your well deserved vacation.

We are allergic to lines crowds and mayhem. So the consensus for us was go late. Also we don't have much time in Vancouver so we wanted to see a little. Your mileage may vary.

LOL we are staying in Vancouver for 2 days pre-cruise and 1 entire day after we get off the ship because our flight is at 11pm that Sunday so we hired a private tour company for 9 hours to take us around. So we are anxious to get on the ship.

Day 2 continued.

Lovely solo breakfast at a window in luminae. Truly fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, goat cheese and asparagus omelet, and bacon. Oh and a chocolate croissant.

f8bccfcd464753880fb649f178a1cca1.jpg

Had a lovely chat with my beside me table mates and then headed down to Persian gardens to take the steam with husband. That was fun! There was a "special" of 150 per couple per cruise. My husband does not drink and is a bit of a health nut so this is important to him. On balance if we do another cruise we will likely do Aqua for this benefit. We are going to try blu and if we like it that is a sure thing.

We then hit Aqua spa cafe. I had a green juice and husband had a refuel smoothie. I felt very virtuous.

Cleaned up, then hit trivia in constellation lounge. Our championship dreams were dashed as We came in second. It was a fun half hour though.

Forgot to mention that prior to gym/my breakfast, we went to constellation to chat with mickeylive and dirk the naturalist. There were very few folks up there. Mickey gave us an awesome map to take with, marked up by approximate times we would be in certain areas that have seen heavy whale activity in the past weeks.

Guess what! Time to eat again! Luminae again. The tuna tartare was one of the best things I've ever eaten, as was the mushroom risotto. Nice smallish portions but fantastic. The tuna was bright and lemony and a little spicy. I could have eaten 10.

After that went to a really interesting talk on whales by dirk in the theater. Then a nap read and update of this thread.

At 4 we headed to the gym for a 30 minute strength training (husband is trying to get me to do cross fit -and I am resisting mightily) and then another relaxing steam.

Grabbed a latte at cafe al baccio. That coffee is so so good.

We saw mickeylive sitting there and sat down with him for 20 minutes to chat and met his lovely wife. They have a very interesting life!

Browsed the shops then cleaned up for EVENING CHIC. For the record I wore a little black dress and heels, husband wore fancy denims and a sport coat and we both fit in just fine. The minimum was a collared shirt for men and black pants and sweater for women.

How is the sea? Are the waters rough? My daughter tends to get motion sickness so I was just curious what it's like there.

We had some motion yesterday but nothing too notable. Slow rolling waves. No one was falling down. However the thellasotherapy pool was shut for a few hours due to sloshing around. Staff said it was unusual however.

After that went to a really interesting talk on whales by dirk in the theater. Then a nap read and update of this thread.

At 4 we headed to the gym for a 30 minute strength training (husband is trying to get me to do cross fit -and I am resisting mightily) and then another relaxing steam.

Grabbed a latte at cafe al baccio. That coffee is so so good.

We saw mickeylive sitting there and sat down with him for 20 minutes to chat and met his lovely wife. They have a very interesting life!

Browsed the shops then cleaned up for EVENING CHIC. For the record I wore a little black dress and heels, husband wore fancy denims and a sport coat and we both fit in just fine. The minimum was a collared shirt for men and black pants and sweater for women.

THANKS for the Evening Chic info! My husband will thank you too because there will be less in the luggage for me to guess what I am wearing!

Headed to the early boogie wonderland. I thought it was quite cute. The performers sung and danced their hearts out. We really liked the music arrangement and the fact that the music was live. It wasn't Broadway, but it was entertaining if a little hokey.

Had our obligatory photo and met some officers. There was a meetup in Michaels with the musicians but we spaced it.

Guess what! Time to eat again! On to luminae! The whole sunset at 1030 pm really throws me off. However we were so grateful for the sunshine when we saw two whales out the window breaching! They were quite a bit far, but you could clearly see the whales huge bodies. We saw probably four breaches and it was magical.

Despite our late arrival I was up at 5 am! The internal clock knows no times zones. Oh well. Did some reading shower etc and facetimed the kids.

About 1030 we took a cab to Canada place. It was a MOB SCENE outside. We got dropped off a block or so away and trucked inside. We dropped our bags with the longshoremen and got outta there!

I hadn't even thought of the time difference affecting me like that... so glad you mentioned it. Not that there's much I can about it, but it's good to know. We are also flying from the East Coast so will be adjusting to the same difference.

I'm sad to hear that it was a mob scene... I see on the schedule that there were two ships at Canada Place that day. I understand it would be very crowded if there were three, but that is too bad it was so crazy with just two. Sounds like you made a good decision for brunch, yum!