Live from the infinity - June 12 a 19

DanaDanes

61673a0368b0829da77decd502890929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting this. We're doing the Panama Canal on Infinity in November. I'm already super excited about it and your posts are a welcome fix. How is the outside movie thingie? Or is it too chilly in AK to go there?

Glad you are enjoying. We walked off the Infinity at 9:30 Sunday morning. I am going through serious withdrawal right now. We loved the ship and the itinerary. Nice that the whales are putting on a good show. Enjoy the Eagles at Icy Straight Point. Ketchikan will be no problem, there was only one other ship in dock with us last Friday. A team is busy working on the dock so repairs should be completed in early July (that's the plan at least ).

Keep enjoying 😀

Dinner itself was excellent. I had artichoke soup - another artful pour. The lobster salad app was unbelievable. It and the lunch tuna tartare are among the best things I have EVER eaten. The halibut entree was likewise amazing. The veal was good but paled next to the halibut. Sorry no pics, I was too busy gobbling!

Struck up a great convo with our seat mates from New Zealand and shut the place down after lots of laughs and too much wine for me. I'll be more virtuous tomorrow!

Didn't see a thing.

Thanks for your postings while on board.

Also thanks for the copy of the latest daily.

Would truly appreciate a listing of Senior Officers and Personnel if you can put your hands on that.

Continuing "reporting" and enjoying.

Thanks.

We just booked the Panama Canal April 2, 2017 cruise. Never been on Celebrity. Any and all information and pictures are appreciated. What is the policy on bringing soda onboard?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Didn't see a thing.

Thanks for your postings while on board.

Also thanks for the copy of the latest daily.

Would truly appreciate a listing of Senior Officers and Personnel if you can put your hands on that.

Continuing "reporting" and enjoying.

Thanks.

I think we got that the first day and I recycled it...ill see if I can scare up another. ROGER!

Welland - I found it.

Thank you so much. My friends who are cruising next week thank you too.

Hope you have an internet package. Sure other CC members on here appreciate your reviews, comments, etc.

Continue to enjoy....hope the weather is cooperating too.

Icy point day

Great day. Up early again to enjoy coffee and a little fruit before heading to the gym. The treadmills overlook the bow and the view is stunning. We on as we entered the Tongass narrows and had some porpoise sightings right in front of the ship.

Then took a steam and an 80 minute hot stone massage with Loise of South Africa. She did a fantastic massage. We went to the room and rested for an hour and woke starving. We headed to the buffet and it was a total bust for us. I always fail hopelessly at buffets, filling my plate with a mix of disparate food, that chills unappealingly as I wander the line. Then I sit down to a sad plate and look around jealously at others perfectly curated plates. It was also mobbed, though we found a nice table to share outside aft. Nonetheless no more buffet.

We futzed around a bit, including some cake and coffee at cafe al baccio to enjoy the trip to hoonah.

As crews newbies it was cool to watch how the docking is handled. We debarked into the new pier area.

This whole area is truly well done. We were impressed by the cannery and museum which was really informative about both the tlingits and the rise of canneries/way of life as the area was settled. The grounds were immaculate.

We then joined our whale watching tour. We went on The Theee Wolves with capt. Dwayne and his nephew Andrew. I'll say right off I was skeptical and felt the tour was overbooked for the size of the boat. We were 24 total and 18 would have been better. That said our weather was insanely good so we were comfortable on the outside decks etc. had it been gloomy or very cold I would have been upset. As it happens the unique hill design made it very comfortable. The sides had comfy banquettes, and the huge Windows opened upwards so you could kneel and lean out. The boat ended up being excellent for the size group.

That said it was a lovely crowd and we made fast friends with a great family from San Fran and another from New Zealand and a big group from Florida.

And did we ever see whales! Over the 2 hours around point adolphis, I believe we saw whales surface and give tail about 40 times. One whale lobtailed for about 10 minutes, we saw a lunge and a partial breach. As we were coming in, a whale surfaced and

I've gotten behind. Sorry dear readers!

On our way back to the boat we ran in to MickeyLive and his awesome wife jalena on the beach. He took the coolest drone footage of that he airdropped to me the next day. It looks like a celebrity commercial, panning out to 300 feet above us, showing the town and the ship.

We then had an awesome dinner in luminae, which I have forgotten.