Ever been to a "Silent Party?"

They call them "silent discos" elsewhere, and they can be very fun. I encountered one two years ago at the "after party" of a wedding. The mother of the bride explained that someone on the wedding planning staff discovered it when searching for a way to handle noise ordinances (after 10pm) at the reception site (the reception was over). While the after party was for the "young people", we (in our 50s) were handed headphones on the way out and ended up dancing five more dances!

This was two years ago. And the wedding was for a daughter of the CEO of Royal Caribbean. (Most incredible wedding weekend; like four days of being on a cruise, but In Napa. We are friends with the parents of the groom.)

Edited by ricklepickle

I went on Adventure last year and had a blast. It was fun to especially watch people dancing to the different song they were listening to in the headsets! For those that don't know how it works is you go to the club that is having it and they give you a headphone. The headphone has two channels with different music playing on each channel. There is no music playing in the club but only through the headphones. If you take off the headphones the sound is crazy as you hear people singing whichever song they are listening to and as I said it appears that people are all out of rhythm because they are dancing to different music! I gave this one of my highest entertainment ratings in my entertainment review of Adventure! :cool:

I went on Adventure last year and had a blast. It was fun to especially watch people dancing to the different song they were listening to in the headsets! For those that don't know how it works is you go to the club that is having it and they give you a headphone. The headphone has two channels with different music playing on each channel. There is no music playing in the club but only through the headphones. If you take off the headphones the sound is crazy as you hear people singing whichever song they are listening to and as I said it appears that people are all out of rhythm because they are dancing to different music! I gave this one of my highest entertainment ratings in my entertainment review of Adventure! :cool:

Geeezzzz. THANK YOU for the explanation. When I watched the You Tube video, I thought "well this is dumb" How is this fun??? Without an explanation, I never would have understood. :D

while it looks like fun i would never attend......would be to afraid that i would become 'that' person on a youtube video that got a gazillion hits. I like to keep my dumb stuff out of the public lime light. Lol.

lol!

Edited by bigque

They had them on Harmony but I just don't get it! If I wanted to be unsociable I could just walk into any bar with my iPod and earphones plugged in! :confused:

People occasionally tried to shout to others or bar staff but if you are travelling by yourself there was no chance to meet people or chat at the bar...