Why is Carnival Liberty Returning to Port

reginaldsw3

No idea, although it could be mechanical or there's a medical situation with someone on-board and they were close enough to return for evacuation. I'm guessing someone on the ship will post something about the reason for the return.

Edit: just saw a comment on the Galveston web cam site from someone who said they have family on-board and they reported the ship is returning due to medical emergency.

Edited by joepeka

No idea, although it could be mechanical or there's a medical situation with someone on-board and they were close enough to return for evacuation. I'm guessing someone on the ship will post something about the reason for the return.

Edit: just saw a comment on the Galveston web cam site from someone who said they have family on-board and they reported the ship is returning due to medical emergency.

I sure hate to hear that it's a medical emergency.

Interesting that they appear to be doing the evac in the bay area to a smaller boat. I guess that was the fastest method to get the person(s) off and onward to medical attention.

Edited by joepeka

Folks on the web cam site now reporting a passenger fell and sustained a bad cut necessitating the return. And it appears they are backing up to the cruise terminal rather than doing a transfer in the bay.

P.S. The folks on the web cam site said they see the comments of theirs I am passing along. They want you all to understand what they are reporting is 2nd hand info from folks who are on the ship and communicating to family, TA's, etc.

Edited by joepeka

If you're on the Galveston web site cam, you can see the ambulance on the dock as Liberty moves in. I won't report any further and sincerely hope the best for the passenger.

Edited by joepeka

Channel 2 news in Houston reported that a 3-year old girl slipped from a railing and fell 12 ft to a lower deck. Ship returned to port and she was transported to the hospital, but no word yet on her condition.

Hope she is ok.

Channel 2 news in Houston reported that a 3-year old girl slipped from a railing and fell 12 ft to a lower deck. Ship returned to port and she was transported to the hospital, but no word yet on her condition.

Hope she is ok.

Prayers for her and her family. I can't imagine how horrible this must be for her family. I hope she's ok.

Wow! I know I shouldn't be surprised, but there are some nasty comments on the news article someone shared! :( I guess the news initially reported the child was sick, so several comments were about taking a sick kid on a ship. But even after updated to an injured kid, some people are saying they shouldn't even have a 3 year old on cruise ships!!! :eek: Seriously, I guess some people don't understand that many families travel a lot, even with their kids when they're young!

Wow! I know I shouldn't be surprised, but there are some nasty comments on the news article someone shared! :( I guess the news initially reported the child was sick, so several comments were about taking a sick kid on a ship. But even after updated to an injured kid, some people are saying they shouldn't even have a 3 year old on cruise ships!!! :eek: Seriously, I guess some people don't understand that many families travel a lot, even with their kids when they're young!

The good ole interwebz allows the worst of humanity to shine through!

Hope the little girl is okay; I am pretty sure she will be as there aren't any medical alert commercials w toddlers on the ground shrieking "I've fallen and I can't get up!" for a reason. ;)

I certainly hope the best for that little girl.

I can understand the argument for not taking any little kids on a cruise. We did not go on a cruise until the youngest was 12. There were plenty of other vacation options when they were younger. And I figured by then he fully understood the "dangers" that abound on a cruise ship. And more importantly he understood me when I told him that if he fell off the ship, he would likely die. Conservative? Yes. Fear-mongering? Perhaps. More enjoyable cruises for our family? Without a doubt.

But each parent to their own.

My son in law is currently on the Dream for the Poker Tournament and on embark day at about 1pm, they were experiencing a heavy downpour of rain and associated storms. He was talking to us from the Lido where he was waiting for the rain to let up when a woman rushed past him, slipped on the wet deck and broke her leg. He hung up and called us back before sailing to say that she had been removed by ambulance. Bad start to her cruise! He was sad to see the whole thing unfold.

Somehow slipped through a rail while having pictures taken, then fell down stairs. Where could this be?

I was wondering too. Only picture taken on embarkation day (by Carnival photographer like they made it sound like) is the getting on the ship photo. Right?

Somehow slipped through a rail while having pictures taken, then fell down stairs. Where could this be?

It looks like it would have to be either by the entrance to the water slide, or at the stairs just above Camp Ocean. Those are the only places with stairs on Deck 14.

• 4 weeks later...