Kids on board

djg541

We're thinking of doing a back to back Boston-Montreal-return in August, 14 days. Its really 2 seven day cruises back to back.

We've done the itinerary before in mid September so not many kids.

I'm guessing this trip would have more since its summer break.I'd just as soon avoid large gaggles of tots running amok.

Any experiences? feedback?

Thanks

We're thinking of doing a back to back Boston-Montreal-return in August, 14 days. Its really 2 seven day cruises back to back.

I'm guessing this trip would have more since its summer break.I'd just as soon avoid large gaggles of tots running amok.

Thanks

If it's the second half of August, there probably won't be as many kids, as many school districts begin the academic year then.

Most schools in New England begin the week before Labor Day or the Wednesday after labor day depending on how late Labor Day is.

On the other hand, would many New Englanders be on this cruise? As a Floridian, I would not be interested in taking a cruise from Tampa to, say, Savannah.

Our schools start either the 3rd or 4th week of August depending on when Labor day is. We live in western PA.

Many children in our area are home schooled and take vacations whenever they want to.

Home schooling and year round schools are all over the country. Kids vacation schedules are often nonstandard.

On the other hand, would many New Englanders be on this cruise? As a Floridian, I would not be interested in taking a cruise from Tampa to, say, Savannah.

You might be surprised. I've lived in New England my entire life, and traveled here on land extensively.

I've also done the 10-day NE/Canada from New York to Montreal twice, and the 7-day from Montreal to Boston once. Who know, before I'm done cruising, I may do the round-trip Boston-Montreal-Boston.

I know I haven't been the only New Englander on board.

Thanks

My experience on HAL ships has been that the folks in Club HAL do a really good job at keeping the kids busy and out off the way. Usually they are not even seen except at dinner. And I like cruising without having kids around.

Scott & Karen

We just got off a Montreal to Boston Veendam cruise on June 11. There were not many kids on board but the 8 to 10 elementary aged kids who were on board took over the main pool and hot tubs and were extremely loud. There was really no where else for them to go. On this size ship there is no adult pool area and on the Canadian itinerary the aft open deck was too cold. So I think there could be some children on board. However, we did not see those children in the Crows Nest or other lounges.

Edited by schusterj

Thanks

From all my HAL sailings I think HAL does a good job keeping the little dears occupied. Even on two Christmas Cruises they were well occupied at Club Hal and well behaved on board:) Now, if you were to travel on Disney.....