Specialty restaurant package

Information on how the 5 night works . Any problems with RCI choosing restaurants and dates? Any problems changing their choices?

RC chooses the first restaurant, you choose the rest onboard. They may let you change the first choice if there are openings.

RC chooses the first restaurant, you choose the rest onboard. They may let you change the first choice if there are openings.

Oh good! I was told yesterday that they choose all five and the days

Hello there.

Specialty Dining Packages give guests the opportunity to enjoy 3, 4 or 5 dinners at our Specialty Restaurants at a discounted rate. Guests can use their specialty dining package in the same venue up to 3, 4 or 5 times, depending on the package length. Packages can be used on any specialty dining venue throughout the sailing, either for lunch or dinner.

If you’d like to make or change your reservation you can call or visit one of our hospitality desks at any specialty restaurant.

We hope this info helps.

Hello there.

Specialty Dining Packages give guests the opportunity to enjoy 3, 4 or 5 dinners at our Specialty Restaurants at a discounted rate. Guests can use their specialty dining package in the same venue up to 3, 4 or 5 times, depending on the package length. Packages can be used on any specialty dining venue throughout the sailing, either for lunch or dinner.

If you’d like to make or change your reservation you can call or visit one of our hospitality desks at any specialty restaurant.

We hope this info helps.

Has the policy changed and we can use the package at Chef's Table now?

Edited by clarea

I purchased the 5 night package for my Oasis cruise back in April this year, I had the same sort of questions and reservations as you but I went ahead anyway.

You get to choose either the first or second night you wish your first reservation to be on and they choose the restaurant you are to dine in. The other 4 nights you book whilst your onboard.

I chose the first night for my initial reservation, I can't recall which venue they booked me into but as soon as I boarded I went to Giovani's and changed the reservation to Chops which was no problem at all. Whilst I was there I made another 2 reservations for nights 2 and 3 for other resturants without any problems. As a side note you can go to any specialty restaurant and make reservations for all venues.

The remainder of my allocation for reservations I saved and just made bookings later during the cruise depending where I wanted to dine. I had no problem being able to go the restaurant of choice later in the week I just had to be a little flexible on timings which I am fine with.

If you are the type who likes to plan you will have no problem in booking everything you want and the times you want as soon as you board, everything we wanted was open with plenty of slots, I guess they hold back reservations for onboard booking only.

Once onboard I found the process to be very flexible and I would book this again in a heartbeat. Actually I am looking to book the Allure for next month and will again book the 5 night package.

Hope that helps.

Just remember some restaurants offer special promotions that's not advertised.

On my recent cruise aboard Navigator of the Seas, I was offered buy one night, get second night free for couples at Chops. You pay full price for two the first night, or 70 dollars, and you can come back another night for free. So you get 4 meals for 70, which is cheaper than the dining package. Of course, you need to have someone to go with, and you need to really like Chops.

Thank you, Eddy and RCI!I called back and got an agent who has booked many of these and he told me the same as Eddy. Great deal and I think the key is flexibility

We are cruising on Freedom next month and are thinking about dining in a speciality restaurant every night. We are Diamond+ which means we each get a BOGO coupon for the speciality restaurants. In the past, when we've used the coupons, we've had to make reservations for the first and second night in order to use them. We just received an email telling us that if we purchase the 5 night dining package it would cost us $100pp but the email states that we must make a reservation for the first or second night. Has anyone purchased the 5 night package and used their Diamond+ BOGO coupons? Would we be better off waiting to purchase the dining package until we are on board?

Edited by CruisinNole

We are cruising on Freedom next month and are thinking about dining in a speciality restaurant every night. We are Diamond+ which means we each get a BOGO coupon for the speciality restaurants. In the past, when we've used the coupons, we've had to make reservations for the first and second night in order to use them. We just received an email telling us that if we purchase the 5 night dining package it would cost us $100pp but the email states that we must make a reservation for the first or second night. Has anyone purchased the 5 night package and used their Diamond+ BOGO coupons? Would we be better off waiting to purchase the dining package until we are on board?

The dining package and the D+ BOGO coupons cannot be combined, totally separate deals.

The dining package and the D+ BOGO coupons cannot be combined, totally separate deals.
So, if I want to purchase a dining package, I can't use my D+ coupons? If that's true, then I'd probably be better off just to wait and see if any discounts are available each evening. Edited by CruisinNole

So, if I want to purchase a dining package, I can't use my D+ coupons? If that's true, then I'd probably be better off just to wait and see if any discounts are available each evening.

Correct, you cannot use your D+ coupon in conjunction with a dining package.

On the freedom the end of May we used both our d+ BOGOs on day 1 and day 2 and also were able to use the 5 night dining package. We just had to pay for the package by day 2. We signed up for the 5 night dining package on day 2 and made a reservation for day 3 through 7.

From what I see this must not be normal operating procedures for RCI but it worked for us for at least this cruise.

On the freedom the end of May we used both our d+ BOGOs on day 1 and day 2 and also were able to use the 5 night dining package. We just had to pay for the package by day 2. We signed up for the 5 night dining package on day 2 and made a reservation for day 3 through 7.

From what I see this must not be normal operating procedures for RCI but it worked for us for at least this cruise.

We did something similar with our D+ on Day 1 & 2 and similar prepaid discounted specialty. Unfortunately, on Freedom Class ships, there is not enough specialties to move around each night. Typically eat at specialty 5 of 7 nights.

I purchased the 5 night package for my Oasis cruise back in April this year, I had the same sort of questions and reservations as you but I went ahead anyway.

You get to choose either the first or second night you wish your first reservation to be on and they choose the restaurant you are to dine in. The other 4 nights you book whilst your onboard.

I chose the first night for my initial reservation, I can't recall which venue they booked me into but as soon as I boarded I went to Giovani's and changed the reservation to Chops which was no problem at all. Whilst I was there I made another 2 reservations for nights 2 and 3 for other resturants without any problems. As a side note you can go to any specialty restaurant and make reservations for all venues.

The remainder of my allocation for reservations I saved and just made bookings later during the cruise depending where I wanted to dine. I had no problem being able to go the restaurant of choice later in the week I just had to be a little flexible on timings which I am fine with.

If you are the type who likes to plan you will have no problem in booking everything you want and the times you want as soon as you board, everything we wanted was open with plenty of slots, I guess they hold back reservations for onboard booking only.

Once onboard I found the process to be very flexible and I would book this again in a heartbeat. Actually I am looking to book the Allure for next month and will again book the 5 night package.

Hope that helps.

I agree with almost everything you said and said it all vey well....

The one exception to the rule is the Hibachi side of Izumi... You have to call or go there specifically, as they make reservations a bit differently there. I would also highly recommend going there to eat, as it was the best meal we've ever had at sea!

Thank you. That's exactly what we had hoped to do. I had a feeling that it would not be a problem to use our D+ BOGOs and a 5 night dining package.

Where do you purchase the package on line? I am sailing on Serenade of

the Seas in October and I cannot find a link on my reservation to buy

a package.....The restaurants are listed but nothing about purchasing a

package.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the info. We've been away since 2014 and many new things have been added. Looking forward to our cruise in October.

Pretty sure we will be adding the 4 dinner package to our cruise.

Lois, On our October Freedom cruise it is listed under Cruise Planner on our reservation.

Edited by temple1

Thanks for all the info. We've been away since 2014 and many new things have been added. Looking forward to our cruise in October.

Pretty sure we will be adding the 4 dinner package to our cruise.

Lois, On our October Freedom cruise it is listed under Cruise Planner on our reservation.

Hi,:) the restaurants are listed on my cruise planner too but no links to

buy a package.

I reached my TA and she told me the package cannot be purchased

until after final payment. (next month):)

buy a package.

I have to kindly disagree. I have had my dining package purchased for oasis in sept for several months now. Final payment was fairly recent.

Same on my last oasis cruise in April.

buy a package.

I purchased a dining package seven months in advance. Bought it in April for my November cruise for which final payment is not due until August!

buy a package.

When I went online to my reservation I clicked on Cruise Planner then Dining Options and chose the 4 night package and added it to my cart.

Oh.....well, I don't know why the dining package is not showing up

on my booking then:eek:.....first time sailing Royal in years......guess

they don't want my money:confused: