How not to park a ship

A bit of Cruise News ...

Not a Thomson ship but thought some of you guy's may not have seen

this as it happened only 12 days ago.

When docking goes wrong , the ships take no prisoners :eek:

3rd June 2016 Celebrity Infinity

Makes me grimace every time I see it .

PS knowing Thomson bet they thought they were in with a chance of buying it - spares /repair :D;)

Edited by kalos

Oops!

The report there mentions the Costa Europa, now the Thomson Dream. at the time I was sorry to read that the port authority at Sharm were most upset at their concrete pier being chipped but weren't bothered about people being killed.

A bit of Cruise News ...

Not a Thomson ship but thought some of you guy's may not have seen

this as it happened only 12 days ago.

When docking goes wrong , the ships take no prisoners :eek:

3rd June 2016 Celebrity Infinity

Makes me grimace every time I see it .

PS knowing Thomson bet they thought they were in with a chance of buying it - spares /repair :D;)

Nice spot kalos you can see by the bow flag it,s an on shore wind pushing her on. driving with out due care :D

I've just watched that as well as the other one and am I glad Thomson transatlantic crossings are mid April and not mid March - the weather is better by then and gosh they have days and days at sea - p & o making more booze sales etc

I've just watched that as well as the other one and am I glad Thomson transatlantic crossings are mid April and not mid March - the weather is better by then and gosh they have days and days at sea - p & o making more booze sales etc

Bring back the proper liner,s old QUEEN MARY like me, forty foot roller,s no prob,s New York to So,ton 4 day,s 17hrs :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We were on the Infinity when this happened in Ketchikan. We were sat in the buffet watching as the ship was holding just off the pier until another ship left the dockside, perfectly steady. As we approached the dock it seemed as though we were going a bit fast to say the least, then crunch!!!

Concrete pillars up in the air and metal gantry twisted and broken. The talk was of 2-3 million dollars damage plus loss of berthing fees for that one. There was a delay of nearly 2 hrs to get off the ship, with people who had booked a ships tour guaranteed a refund. We were lucky that we hadn't booked anything as we don't do ship's tours. The main thing was that no one was injured.....then we got 200 dollars credit to the cabin account.:D:D