Booking

cruiserll

I prefer to book by calling my PVP. If you con't have one, I can give you mine. She's very nice, and answers my questions super quick. It's nice to have a contact for any questions/issues. And, they get paid this way. So, even though her price was the same as online, I would rather book through her.

I like to book directly thru Carnival online. I want to have control over what I book and see all the details as I enter them in, but I am a control freak like that...I also want to be able to do price reductions on my own not count on someone else to do it for me which is why I would never use a travel agent or booking agency.

I prefer to book online. That way I can see exactly what my choice of room is, what's above and below me and I can take my time to read through all of the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I usually book online. In cases where I have questions about past guest specials or need help connecting cabins I will call Carnival and ask one of their representatives for help. :cool:

I usually do a mock booking online to get a general idea of what is available and the rates. I decide the area that I would like to be and then I call my PVP to do the actual booking. It makes me feel that I am in control, but also gives her the commission. She can also tell me if any other cabins are available in the area that I want.

Is it better to make your reservation online at Carnival.com or to call Carnival?

We've called Carnival and spoke to a rep a few times, but for our last four Carnival cruises we've used the same PVP; no problems either way. We use the PVP exclusively now, because she gets back to me ASAP, any day, most of the time by phone. I've even left messages for her on a weekend, and she's called me back right away. She has all of our preferences, etc. When we call her, or check online for price reductions after booking, and the price is reduced, she takes care of it. I don't need to fill out anything to get the reduction.

I always use my PVP but I have carnival's website open when I call so that I can have the deck plan available to see where my cabin is at. Usually before I call I've already checked rates, VIFP special rates etc. so I'm pretty prepared ahead of time.