I did read what the website says. The sauna could also be considered a spa feature and is available to all guests. Perhaps Regent/Canyon Ranch is planning to charge for use of the infinity pool? The reason I am concerned about this is because on Oceania's Riviera and Marina, upper category suite guests can use a special area - outside of Canyon Ranch Spa (Private Spa Terrace featuring thalassotherapy pool or whirlpool tubs.) Lower category guests have to pay for it. I am hoping not to see this on the Explorer.

I'm not sure---being that it is a new item----a lot of people will want to use the pool, I'm OK with the top suites getting in with a charge and of course people getting treatments. But the whole ship, no--to many people.

[quote name='ronrick1943']I'm not sure---being that it is a new item----a lot of people will want to use the pool, I'm OK with the top suites getting in with a charge and of course people getting treatments. But the whole ship, no--to many people.[/QUOTE]

IMO, this is a subject that Randall did not have a quick answer to as they probably did not anticipate the question. As you know, the swimming pools on the ships are pretty small and can become crowded. The saunas are available to all passengers and do not get crowded. The infinity pool will likely get crowded at the beginning but, like everything else "new", will become just another amenity onboard a Regent ship.

If everyone had to pay to visit (which includes people paying for treatment), I wouldn't be happy but would be extremely upset if only "top suites" had access (I think this is what you indicated when you said that you are okay with top suites getting in with a charge). Regent currently has no areas that are limited to people in top suites and if this were to change, it would become another Oceania. We all pay too much $$$ to be on a luxury cruise ship for this to happen (just my very strong opinion).

Hi all. The Infinity pool within Canyon Ranch SpaClub will be accessible for those with Spa Treatments booked plus guests in Penthouse Categories and above and also for Platinum and Titanium Society Members.
That's the plan for the launch and then we'll see how demand works out and adjust accordingly.

IMO, it may be fair on Oceania (where guests are used to higher level suites being able to access places on the ship that others cannot visit) but this is not the case on Regent. What happens when friends (one in a PH and one in a Concierge suite) want to visit the pool together? Okay - I already know the answer.

Although we will be able to visit the infinity pool, the rules are such that I choose not to. If my friends cannot enter, I prefer to be with them - wherever they are on the ship.

P.S. If there is a need to limit the number of people that can visit the pool, I would have no problem whatsoever with their being a list (first come, first served) or a method of taking reservations whereby passengers could visit the area for 1-2 hours - whatever Regent thinks is fair. Edited by Travelcat2

[quote name='Travelcat2']

Although we will be able to visit the infinity pool, the rules are such that I choose not to. If my friends cannot enter, I prefer to be with them - wherever they are on the ship.
.[/QUOTE]

Rather than getting yourself all worked up about this like you do on the O board, why not just go with the "pay more/ get more" business model.....exactly like the airlines do. If a particular feature is important enough to someone, they will adjust their booking.
If Del Rio is finding success on NCL and O with his methods, it makes sense that he would implement them on Regent. If bookings drop dramatically he can always return to the original way of doing things.

ronrick1943: Oceania guests are more accustomed to special areas that are not accessible to some guests - Regent guests are not because [U]all[/U] luxury lines provide benefits that are invisible to other passengers. You will not see special lines for boarding with suite designations on them, priority tender boarding for guests in upper suites, executive lounges, concierge lounges, etc.

When you get on a Regent ship you will see that there is really no way for another guest to tell what suite category you are in. Oceania's keycard colors are an indicator of your stateroom/suite level. These cards must be provided to staff when ordering drinks, etc. On Regent, the colors of the keycards indicate Seven Seas Society status and, of course, are not necessary to show unless you are getting onto or off of the ship or are purchasing something in the Boutique, Spa, etc.

I think that you will enjoy the differences between Regent and Oceania. You will see that Regent doesn't need special lounges for certain passengers. The Coffee Connection on the Voyager and Mariner are very large and have the coffee barista (that makes wonderful coffees with or without alcohol), and a buffet at breakfast and lunch for snacks. Lest I forget....... there are cookies available 24/7 - very yummy.

It is just my hope that Regent does not differentiate itself from other luxury cruise lines by excluding lower category passengers from anything onboard the ship. You can't really compare planes with cruise ships as you do not spend days or weeks on an airplane. If there was a comparison, Regent (and other luxury lines) would be considered First Class. Even planes do not differentiate between First Class passengers (i.e. putting passengers that pay full price in the best seats while people that paid a bargain price or are using frequent flyer miles would be stuck in the last row). Edited by Travelcat2

[quote name='Travelcat2']ronrick1943: Oceania guests are more accustomed to special areas that are not accessible to some guests - Regent guests are not because [U]all[/U] luxury lines provide benefits that are invisible to other passengers. You will not see special lines for boarding with suite designations on them, priority tender boarding for guests in upper suites, executive lounges, concierge lounges, etc.

When you get on a Regent ship you will see that there is really no way for another guest to tell what suite category you are in. Oceania's keycard colors are an indicator of your stateroom/suite level. These cards must be provided to staff when ordering drinks, etc. On Regent, the colors of the keycards indicate Seven Seas Society status and, of course, are not necessary to show unless you are getting onto or off of the ship or are purchasing something in the Boutique, Spa, etc.

I think that you will enjoy the differences between Regent and Oceania. You will see that Regent doesn't need special lounges for certain passengers. The Coffee Connection on the Voyager and Mariner are very large and have the coffee barista (that makes wonderful coffees with or without alcohol), and a buffet at breakfast and lunch for snacks. Lest I forget....... there are cookies available 24/7 - very yummy.

It is just my hope that Regent does not differentiate itself from other luxury cruise lines by excluding lower category passengers from anything onboard the ship. You can't really compare planes with cruise ships as you do not spend days or weeks on an airplane. If there was a comparison, Regent (and other luxury lines) would be considered First Class. Even planes do not differentiate between First Class passengers (i.e. putting passengers that pay full price in the best seats while people that paid a bargain price or are using frequent flyer miles would be stuck in the last row).[/QUOTE]

Randall Soy has very clearly answered the question about the infinity pool. People who PURCHASE spa treatments.....people who PURCHASE PH or above cabins and people who over time, have PURCHASED enough cruise days to reach a certain loyalty level are entitled to use the infinity pool. Thankfully his company policy was very clear. I'm sure that your refusal to make use of this feature because it is too Oceania-esque will not harm anyone.

[quote name='fizzy']Randall Soy has very clearly answered the question about the infinity pool. People who PURCHASE spa treatments.....people who PURCHASE PH or above cabins and people who over time, have PURCHASED enough cruise days to reach a certain loyalty level are entitled to use the infinity pool. Thankfully his company policy was very clear. I'm sure that your refusal to make use of this feature because it is too Oceania-esque will not harm anyone.[/QUOTE]

Of course I understand the policy. I have no doubt that Regent management is reading responses on this thread to learn what their loyal customers think about what has been said about the policies onboard Explorer. Disagreeing with me is fine - "yelling" is disrespectful.

Appreciate all the energy around this topic. Based on limited space, we needed to begin somewhere. I'm hopeful that the criteria we started with is a good place to start. However with anything new, we'll observe and listen to feedback.

[quote name='Randall Soy']Appreciate all the energy around this topic. Based on limited space, we needed to begin somewhere. I'm hopeful that the criteria we started with is a good place to start. However with anything new, we'll observe and listen to feedback.[/QUOTE]

thank you sir.