Galveston to Houston Hobby

Yes, it's possible, but it's too early a flight for my stress level.

Given no delays and if you are first in the self-assist disembarkation line, you should be off the ship within 45 minutes of scheduled arrival time.

I'd check the Gilf Coast Departures forum for transportation ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

At the very least, I'd arrange a private car service.

Is is possible to get off Liberty and be on a 10:50 am flight out of Houston hobby? Anyone have a cab recommendation? What is the earliest you can self disembark? Thanks to all.

Too tight for me...but I recommend Pink Taxi, Galveston owned by John and Tate. We rode with John.

He was awesome !!!

Disembarkation was delayed almost 2 hours once for us and fog had nothing to do with it.. Just heavy winds that prevented them from securing the gangway. We were in a suite and instead of being off by 8 which was normal it was nearly 915 and customs was backed up. Furthermore the drive off the island was at a crawl. Very heavy rain and wind made doing more than 45 on the bridge suicidal. We drove since we lived in San Antonio at the time. You'd have to pray that literally nothing went wrong and that you were in the front half of the line.

Disembarkation was delayed almost 2 hours once for us and fog had nothing to do with it.. Just heavy winds that prevented them from securing the gangway. We were in a suite and instead of being off by 8 which was normal it was nearly 915 and customs was backed up. Furthermore the drive off the island was at a crawl. Very heavy rain and wind made doing more than 45 on the bridge suicidal. We drove since we lived in San Antonio at the time. You'd have to pray that literally nothing went wrong and that you were in the front half of the line.

Embarkation for us was delayed with people getting on way after the dinner hour due to fog which delayed the arrival of the previous voyage. So those poor people WERE delayed by fog. Whatever the cause, it's risky to have an early flight when sailing out of Galveston. The time of year probably has something to do with it.

The fog is a winter problem. Not a spring problem, summer problem or fall problem. Mostly occurring late Jan early Feb. Out of 52 sailings in a year you may encounter it 2 or 3 times.

You did not say when you were cruising.

Also, if your itinerary includes Belize, Customs tends to take a long time clearing the ship due to major drug trafficking increase out of that nation.

We had a 12:05 flight and struggled to make it due to customs being backed up and the RCI busses not loading due to other problems. I think we had a lot of bad luck, but you never know. We did make our flight, arriving at our gate 20 minutes before they boarded the plane.

The fog is a winter problem. Not a spring problem, summer problem or fall problem. Mostly occurring late Jan early Feb. Out of 52 sailings in a year you may encounter it 2 or 3 times.

You did not say when you were cruising.

Also, if your itinerary includes Belize, Customs tends to take a long time clearing the ship due to major drug trafficking increase out of that nation.

We are in the October 9 sailing this year. Also need a reliable car service from hobby to the hotel for 10 people.