Airport Transfer without actually flying in to airport

cpdwife1971

We are flying into Orlando and taking a rental car to Miami Airport. I'd like to use Carnival's transfer service to the Miami port. Is that possible if we're not actually flying INTO Miami? We will just be there to drop off our rental car. Do we have to go through security to get to the check in area for Carnival? Any insight is appreciated! :)

We are flying into Orlando and taking a rental car to Miami Airport. I'd like to use Carnival's transfer service to the Miami port. Is that possible if we're not actually flying INTO Miami? We will just be there to drop off our rental car. Do we have to go through security to get to the check in area for Carnival? Any insight is appreciated! :)

The MIA shuttle bus wait area is near the luggage pickup carousels, so it is outside of airport security. You would have to pre-book the service, and it doesn't matter if you fly, stroll, walk, use a wheelchair or any other manner except a casket to get there.

Hi CPD wife,

No, you wouldn't be going through security.

There are shuttles that take you from the car rentals building to the departures area for each airline. You would have to go down to the baggage claim area to find the Carnival rep. and the busses.

Only suggestion, if you are doing this, you might consider a taxi. They would be in the same area. I believe it is currently $27 + tip, flat rate for MIA to POM. You can verify the amount. About a 15 min. ride. Please note that you can also take a taxi from car rental building, but that building is not considered the airport and they would put you on the meter and I believe it could run you a bit more. (maybe $10 not sure)

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Hi CPD wife,

No, you wouldn't be going through security.

There are shuttles that take you from the car rentals building to the departures area for each airline. You would have to go down to the baggage claim area to find the Carnival rep. and the busses.

Only suggestion, if you are doing this, you might consider a taxi. They would be in the same area. I believe it is currently $27 + tip, flat rate for MIA to POM. You can verify the amount. About a 15 min. ride. Please note that you can also take a taxi from car rental building, but that building is not considered the airport and they would put you on the meter and I believe it could run you a bit more. (maybe $10 not sure)

hope this helps

have a great cruise

I would definitely take a taxi from the airport, this is excellent advice! You don't have to wait until the bus fills up and if you have more than 1 person, it's cheaper too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I agree with the others that a taxi is a better option from MIA to POM since the port is so close to the airport, and because of the flat rate charged. Waiting for a bus to fill up is not fun and is more hassle.

I would have done Uber but my girlfriend didn't want to, she likes to just have stuff ready and the carnival bus was easy. I know most people don't get there super early but we didn't wait for the bus to fill up when we used it, we got to airport at 8:30am and first bus out was at 9:30ish and it left immediatly at that time about half full from the people with early flights.

Any option you choose I recommend checking in at the Miami airport. It was so quick there and then you go through the priority security line at the terminal instead of waiting outside in the heat. Plus for embarkation they call airport checkins before they start the zones, after all the diamond,plat,events and fttf of course.

Does your rental company have a shuttle? Many do! Check that out. A taxi is still the best way...$24 for the both of you to port from the airport.

"Best" way is subjective. It was $9.15 from POM to MIA up to 4 people using Uber. If you sign up under a promo code, first ride is free. Then your friends/family sign up under your code and you get another free ride and so do they. You travel with enough people and all your transportation is free!

You get a nice, clean car to yourself and don't have to deal with cash except for an optional tip. No waiting on the long taxi lines, either. My guy was there as soon as I hung up the phone with him confirming my ride. People were still lined up outside the ship waiting for the taxis to load people and their luggage up and move out of the way so others could take their place.

If you haven't tried it I highly suggest you give it a whirl. I wish I would have done it sooner.

Once you go Uber you never go back (to taxis or shuttle busses)!

lol, a year ago I woulda probably argued with you about that.

Then I rode an Uber.

lesson learned for me is to not knock things I've never tried. Even though I generally try not to talk about things I haven't experienced sometimes I am a victim of my own darn self. :)

Take a taxi - flat rate $27.00 for up to 4 persons and luggage

Carnival transfers are way overpriced for a bus ride where you sit and wait for bus to fill up.

Depending on the rental car company, a couple of them have complimentary shuttle to the port.

Alamo does (used it 2 weeks ago), Dollar does not.

Edited by lizardhowson

What rental car place are you using?

Some have locations about a block or 2 from the cruise terminal with free shuttle. We used Budget and I believe Avis is there too.

I think they call the drop location Dodge island.

Bill