Anthem Boarding Time

Our cruise documents for our upcoming cruise on AN tell us to board between 2.30pm and 3pm. This is a ludicrous time to board and we will have nothing to do in NYC by this point.

Is this the standard boarding time for Anthem or if not, can we board when we want (about 11.30am)

If that's the time on your boarding documents that must be the time you picked during the check-in process

You can go whenever you want, but just expect that there might be a bit of a wait as they are trying to split people out into different times that you select during the check in to stem the flow

I'm sailing on June 30. When I was doing my online check-in, it asked what time I wanted to board. I did the online check-in as soon as it was possible so I had my choice of boarding times. It's possible that 2:30-3:00 was what was available to you when you did your online check-in. My chosen boarding time is on my SetSail pass.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

I'm sailing on June 30. When I was doing my online check-in, it asked what time I wanted to board. I did the online check-in as soon as it was possible so I had my choice of boarding times. It's possible that 2:30-3:00 was what was available to you when you did your online check-in. My chosen boarding time is on my SetSail pass.

What's the earliest time to board

Our cruise documents for our upcoming cruise on AN tell us to board between 2.30pm and 3pm. This is a ludicrous time to board and we will have nothing to do in NYC by this point.

Is this the standard boarding time for Anthem or if not, can we board when we want (about 11.30am)

Arrive at Cape Liberty around 11. All of the previous cruisers will have gone, and you will be able to get into the terminal.

You may have to wait your turn to check in with the pier personnel, and you may be checked in before boarding begins, but it goes pretty quickly.

We were able to select a boarding time of 10:30 - 11:00. Not sure but think that is the earliest.

I sailed on April 30th and when we checked in online 10:30-11:00 was the earliest option. Our boarding was delayed by a Coast Guard inspection but not by much. It was not super busy when we arrived at about 10:30 but there were small queues for each of the roaming check-in agents. Make sure to do the full check in online (picture and everything) as it will save you a lot of time pierside!

Link to my live blog HERE if you want to read the portion about embarkation.

Edited by CapitalKyle

I just did my online check in for the Sept 8th cruise and earliest we could chose from was 11 am.

Us too but we plan on getting there earlier. I don't mind the wait in the terminal - just don't want to get caught up in a line of cars entering port. We're hoping to take a flat rate car service but in case we take a taxi we want to minimize that cost.

We're doing a B2B in September. I've already completed the Set Sail passes. The first cruise did not ask what time we wanted to board, but the second cruise did. Have no idea why. We are doing the transfer from the airport to the terminal through Royal Caribbean, so I wonder if that has something to do with not being asked for a boarding time.

Us too but we plan on getting there earlier. I don't mind the wait in the terminal - just don't want to get caught up in a line of cars entering port. We're hoping to take a flat rate car service but in case we take a taxi we want to minimize that cost.

Good Idea - enjoy your cruise