My Carnival TRIUMPH from NEW ORLEANS 2016 Cruise Review!!!

Very, very well done. Thank you for all the detail and great photos. It's been a while since I've sailed the Triumph so it was nice to be reacquainted with her before my sail on her 9/8/16. I really enjoyed your review and appreciate the generosity of time you put into posting it.

Thank you, thank you thecruiserofships!

• 1 month later...
very, very well done. Thank you for all the detail and great photos. It's been a while since i've sailed the triumph so it was nice to be reacquainted with her before my sail on her 9/8/16. I really enjoyed your review and appreciate the generosity of time you put into posting it.

Thank you, thank you thecruiserofships!

how was your sail on the triumph i sail with wife on october 29 hope you had a grand time......

We returned from the Triumph this week. We had a forward room facing observation deck. Classed as a 4J. There was a horrible grinding noise every morning. It wasn't the anchor because it would happen on sea days. It would have been nice to know about this and would have paid more to avoid that. Sold out cruise and couldn't switch.

The ship reeks of cigarette smoke.

Our room steward, the fun crew, and a couple of bartenders were great. Otherwise, the staff looked like they were miserable. Even when you tried to engage them in conversation it was hard to get any look of happiness or enjoyment. That is sad. I know the cruise companies don't treat them well and we always try to go out of our way to be friendly since so many passengers treat them like slaves.

We had a blast with our friends and overall the ship was very clean...stinky, but clean. Food wasn't great in dining room and buffet. We had heard that the hamburgers and tacos were the best before the trip and they really were.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First, for those wanting more detail on the photos, visit her blog which has captions: http://www.embarkandaway.com/day-1-new-orleans-cruise-review-1.html

Thank you so much for this review and all the photos. Much more detailed than the pics on Carnival's website and I feel I can already get around the ship. Thank you for highlighting the positives while still being forthcoming, i.e. your loud room location would about kill me, but you enjoyed it all regardless.

We are travelling in March, deck 2 aft below Paris dining room. I expect some noise during meal times but hopefully not like the amplified music and trivia going past midnight. Thank you also for the full review on your blog. Really appreciated all this!

Thanks so much for the detailed, informative review. We'll be on the Triumph in December and I was honestly getting a little worried because of quite a few negative reviews I had read. Especially about the food. But everything you shared looked great. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just ran across your review and am so excited that I could hardly breathe. I have been on 3 cruises and my 3rd and upcoming 4th cruise will be on the Triumph. Leaving out of New Orleans as well. I appreciate you taking the time to post so many pictures and giving a very detailed review. This will be my first cruise with my new husband of 5 1/2 years. Can't wait to experience it with him. I'm looking forward to the rest of your review and pics! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad I found this detailed review of the Triumph. We set sail in less than a week and I feel so much more comfortable with the layout of the ship now. Thank you again for such a great review.

The prime rib sure looked good (on your last dinner in the dining room)....was it good? I will find it very difficult to request more than one entree (namely because there is NO way I could eat more than one) but I worry if I really don't like one if it would take too long to prepare another? I'm guessing that is why people order more than one to start with.....and I also have a difficult time not cleaning my plate. These things are permanently etched in my head, I'm afraid....wasting food. I'd probably be thinner if I did, though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Information About This Cruise & Me: This was my 11th cruise and my third time to cruise on the Carnival Triumph. This cruise was June 16-20, 2016 and it departed from New Orleans to Cozumel. It was interesting sailing on the Carnival Triumph only two months after its April 2016 dry-dock. I have sailed on the ship out of both Galveston & New Orleans in the past.

My Review: I am going to post all of my written review here as I write it. I try to do the review in parts, by day. However, I will be posting all of my photos, FunTimes (activity newsletters - Triumph has been upgraded to new style of FunTimes), and paper handouts on my personal cruise blog because I don't know how to upload them to Cruise Critic. This is the same way I have done my reviews here on Cruise Critic for the past several years.

Here Are The Photos & Fun-Times:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-triumph-4-day-caribbean-cruise-review-2016.html

Note: I will be sharing the same written information from my blog here too, but I will share some extra information that I didn't written in my blog here! It is also easier to view everything on a desktop or tablet computer, not a mobile device.

And Now It is Time For Me To Start Sharing The First Parts of This Review!

Feel Free To Ask Questions You Have! I will answer questions as quick as possible!

Great review..I was wondering if there is just one long buffet line with the various specialty stations or is there two main buffet lines. Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...