Barcelona Post-Cruise Transfer to Montserrat to Airport

karinad

Has anyone done this transfer with Celebrity in Barcelona? I was wondering what time they get you to the airport. The information on the Celebrity website says the tour starts at 7:30a.m. and is 4 hrs. I imagine that the tour doesn't leave right at 7:30 and that everything could go down the drain if the ship is late or a problem with getting cleared. The flight that I'm looking at departs at 2:00pm. I'm wondering how safe it is to do this? No later flights on this day and would like to avoid another night in Barcelona.

Has anyone done this transfer with Celebrity in Barcelona? I was wondering what time they get you to the airport. The information on the Celebrity website says the tour starts at 7:30a.m. and is 4 hrs. I imagine that the tour doesn't leave right at 7:30 and that everything could go down the drain if the ship is late or a problem with getting cleared. The flight that I'm looking at departs at 2:00pm. I'm wondering how safe it is to do this? No later flights on this day and would like to avoid another night in Barcelona.

From the port to Monserrat is at least an hour, plus you have to get up the mountain, I'm assuming they use buses which I would think take longer than the chairlift or or little rack train... so best case scenario is you're at Monserrat proper a little before 9, you need to be at the airport by noon, & it's about an hour there from Montserrat (including getting down the mountain, hoping your tour bus does not hit traffic) that means you need to be heading out of Montserrat by 10:30 or 11 if you like gambling...

I'd only do it with a private driver type tour, even then, it's not much time.

The X transfer/excursion will not give you enough time to check in for your flight. And it will also rush you through your brief stop atop Monserrat.

If it were me I would hang out on the ship until they kick me off the ship, probably around 9 and catch a cab to the airport. The check in should open about 3 hours before your flight which will give you enough time for a leisurely lunch air side before you board.

I know you will feel like it is a wasted day but the excursion seems to be a little tight for a 2:00 departure. Boarding will probably start around 1:30 at the latest.

I'm sure you all are right! I wasn't sure how long the drive was. I'm not a gambler and would want to enjoy my time there. Pre-cruise we're flying into Dublin for 2 nights and will fly into BCN late night, a night before the cruise. Perhaps we could find a tour for the day we board. I'm presuming we have to check-in for the cruise at least 2 hrs. before at least. I do see a flight that departs the day after the cruise and it departs at 8a.m. I was trying to avoid having to be up early and at the airport at 6a.m., but perhaps it'll be better.

What's the average amount of time it takes to do a tour to Montserrat?

Forget it with a 2 pm flight! I did that tour with NCL and we had problems booking it with a 3:45 pm flight as they wanted a flight later than 4 or 5 pm. We did it anyway and were at the airport by 1 pm (so plenty of time for our flight). But with a 2 pm flight no way!

steamboats

If the cruise line "guarantees" you will make your flight....and will make you financially whole if they are wrong....then take the tour. Otherwise, it is not a good idea :). Cruise ship Captain's can hold a ship (beyond normal embarkation time) to wait for a tour. But the cruise line has no ability to hold a flight :).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I just made my air reservations and did make it for a day after the cruise, so, no worry about if we'd make the flight and be able to enjoy a leisurely tour. Thanks everyone for bringing me to my senses!:D

I just made my air reservations and did make it for a day after the cruise, so, no worry about if we'd make the flight and be able to enjoy a leisurely tour. Thanks everyone for bringing me to my senses!:D

You will be so much happier. Montserrat is a beautiful place and you need to take it all in without having to feel rushed and worried.:)