Drinks for kids ?? (On Escape )

agripnt

I've searched but not found a lot on this subject... My kids like to have smoothies/slushies/frapaccino etc. Are there such things available on the NCL Escape? (Especially that are geared towards kids)

Other cruise lines we've been on offer lots of these things but I don't see much of that on the menu's I can find.

I assume the bars can make them virgin drinks in the worst case.

Thanks for any info or experience you've had with this!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 months later...

I assume the bars can make them virgin drinks in the worst case.

Bars can make them virgin drinks in the best case. I guess I can't think of a better place to get one. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, no, there aren't smoothies. My son has never even heard of a frappacino, or whatever you said, so I can't help with that. Sorry.

Edited by LrgPizza

=

Otherwise, no, there aren't smoothies. My son has never even heard of a frappacino, or whatever you said, so I can't help with that. Sorry.

A frappacino is usually a drink you can get at Starbucks. Sometimes its coffee, sometimes its just fruity or flavored.

I don't recall seeing that, maybe at the one Coffee Bar that you have to pay for. My kid was happy with a Kiddie Cocktail all week so we didn't venture to far for drinks. But all those smoothies etc you would have to pay for, I doubt they are on a kids soda package.

I'm sure you can get frozen coffee house drinks at the cafe, for a few. What kid doesn't like a frappoccino? You can't even get into our local atarbucks between 3 - 5 because the 12 -16 year old crowd takes over. If anyone should drink them, it's kids - unless an adult is a marathon runner.

You're joking, right?

Nope, not joking. They're just overpriced "shakes" that are very attractive to children. How many adults drink stuff like that. Kids start walking to our local one with friends around the age of 10 here. We attend dance competitions at business hotels, and there are 10 kids in line for every adult, getting their sweet frozen drinks topped with whipped cream. It's a treat, I always get a sip myself.

Nope, not joking. They're just overpriced "shakes" that are very attractive to children. How many adults drink stuff like that. Kids start walking to our local one with friends around the age of 10 here. We attend dance competitions at business hotels, and there are 10 kids in line for every adult, getting their sweet frozen drinks topped with whipped cream. It's a treat, I always get a sip myself.

Well, the answer to your question about what kid doesn't like one is mine. And any kid he knows. And basically any kid I know. But you and I are from different worlds, I suspect.

He'd absolutely throw a fit if I tried to make him set foot in a Starbucks. Haha!

LOL. My kid is 12. He has no interest in frappacinos either. I guess I would have to take him to Starbucks for him to care about them in the first place.

Exactly.

Edited by LrgPizza

yeah, no kid on my kids speedskating team or select baseball team would ever be caught drinking on those unless he wanted to be ridiculed by his coach for drinking that on meet/game day. LOL

He liked his kiddie cocktail aka Shirley Temple on our cruise but that is as exotic as he goes. Its not that popular in my kid's circle of friends either but he is a boy, I do see some occasional girls drinking them.

yeah, no kid on my kids speedskating team or select baseball team would ever be caught drinking on those unless he wanted to be ridiculed by his coach for drinking that on meet/game day. LOL

He liked his kiddie cocktail aka Shirley Temple on our cruise but that is as exotic as he goes. Its not that popular in my kid's circle of friends either but he is a boy, I do see some occasional girls drinking them.

Lol it is more of a girl thing. Dd13 has a painful medical procedure every month, and I take her for a treat afterwards. Sometimes Starbucks, Dunkin', 7-11 for a slurpee, or baskin robbins for a shake. All interchangeable.

However, sometimes dd13, dd15 and I will pop out to get starbucks (5 blocks away), and when we get home, ds13 is like "really?" He does get plenty of slurpies after soccer tournaments, I think DH likes them as well - gross.

You're joking, right?

Any reason for all the "free" parenting advice on a cruise board? Isn't there a board where you can share your parenting prowless without being judgmental to parents here??