Do cabins sometimes open up after final payment?

beacha

Thinking of booking a Bermuda cruise in October, and there are only a couple of inside cabins left. Does anyone find that some more will open up after final payment is due? Thanks in advance. I didn't think that Bermuda would be such a popular destination in late October.

Often agencies (TA's) have reserved blocks of cabins on sailings that they do not sell so they are returned to the cruise line right after final payment. There are also a some individual cancellations (folks like you and I) right before final payment.

Yes, just prior to final payment & after, more cabins usually become available. This is the time frame when upsells are possible/likely. As others have said- agencies release those cabins not sold as well as individuals decide to cancel.

Thanks to all for your thoughts. I guess I will see come final payment. Just can't pay more for an inside cabin than I paid for a balcony only a couple of weeks ago on the same ship. I guess Bermuda is limited. Last sailing was to the Bahamas.

Thanks to all for your thoughts. I guess I will see come final payment. Just can't pay more for an inside cabin than I paid for a balcony only a couple of weeks ago on the same ship. I guess Bermuda is limited. Last sailing was to the Bahamas.

There will probably be some cancellations, but I do not think you will find the prices going down much. The number of sailings to Bermuda is limited (even considering ALL of the cruise lines). The season is VERY short and there are only 2 berths in Kings Wharf, which limits the # of sailings, plus the gov't tax for Bermuda sailings is MUCH higher than the Bahamas or Caribbean sailings.

BTW, the end of October is a PERFECT time to sail to Bermuda. While the seas may be a little rough getting there, the weather is PERFECT on the island. We sailed at the end of October last year and would do it again in a heartbeat :)

Just can't pay more for an inside cabin than I paid for a balcony only a couple of weeks ago on the same ship. I guess Bermuda is limited. Last sailing was to the Bahamas.

Pricing is based upon supply and demand. Cruises to the Bahamas are plentiful so naturally they will be cheaper.