25th Anniversery Extravaganza Cruise! Live from the Royal- Southern Med. 6/25/16

TracieABD

Thanks for sharing you 25th with us. We enjoyed your travels.

Also, we have found a love of Genoa, love the pesto that you can

purchase at the famers' market on the main plaza. Again, thanks for

talking the time and sharing you journey.

Thank you so much for taking the time to record your trip. So informative ,witty and just a joy to read.

You obviously are a glass half full type of person and your personality comes through in your writing.

I have take note of the hotels you used in Rome and as we may be over in Rome in September and it's always good to have some insights for the hotels .

Scotslizzy

Thanks for your informative and entertaining review. I have a question about climbing the tower of Pisa. Did you pre buy your tickets?

No. We did not even know that you could climb the tower- so we bought them on site. We got there very early, so we were in one of the first groups to go up.

The cost was 18 euro pp. I loved it!

Thank you so much for taking the time to record your trip. So informative ,witty and just a joy to read.

You obviously are a glass half full type of person and your personality comes through in your writing.

I have take note of the hotels you used in Rome and as we may be over in Rome in September and it's always good to have some insights for the hotels .

Scotslizzy

Thank you! I try to be an optimist... or at least positive.

We loved the Hotel Artemide. It may be one of our all time favorite hotels.!

Thank you! Enjoyed sailing with you (vicariously). LOVE your "live" cruises!!

Flattery will get you everywhere! Thank you!

Thanks Tracie once again for a very informative and entertaining .. LIVE FROM

Judy

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I am glad that you enjoyed it... We had an amazing trip!

We were there for a week in Nov. We walked and took the train 2 or 3 times.

Never stepped foot on a car except from the airport to the hotel and then hotel to the pier. Its a great city for walking. The train is very easy to use.

Thanks, Keith, for watching after us! Your "intervention" made our trip so much more amazing!

Glad that your journey home went smoothly & thanks again for taking us along on your 25th anniversary trip. :)

Ahhhhh! Frank!- It was just like being back in New Haven- only so much better! I really think I could live in Italy- especially Genoa.

Tracie-

How did you guys navigate Rome? Were you walking everywhere or did you take cabs or buses etc?

Loving the review. Glad you all are having fun!

We walked everywhere...

Our Fitbits logged between 22K and 29K steps each day. I ended up walking over 85 miles on this vacation. The upside- I gained a whopping .4 pound. Yep. That's right, friend. Less than an 1/2 pound on a fabulous cruise and land trip!

I saw the picture over on FB....that thing was huge! Looked quite yummy!

Hey Cousin-

Thank you for making contact with your friend in our behalf. It really made the cruise so much more special.

Say Hi to Brenda for me!

TL

Tracie, Have not heard about the Super Tuscan dinner. I assume it is different from the Winemaker's a Dinner. What is the cost?

She seems to be describing what was called the Super Tuscan Wine Tasting when we attended it one afternoon on the Royal Princess.

It had wines priced like at the Maître d's Wine Club ($25) but the ST had the small hot food she described with each wine pairing instead of cold gourmet hors d'oeuvres. Wine prices at that time ranged from $28 to $230 (Solaia) for the tastes served & it cost the same $40 as the Winemakers Dinner.

Maybe it's now called the Super Tuscan Dinner but reading about how little Tracie eats, maybe it was a "dinner" to her? ;)

I've only gone to the ST once during my 3 cruises on the Royal & Regal but have gone to the WMD on each of those cruises because we prefer it for the same price as the ST.

It actually was a dinner- a big old six course dinner- with lots of wines. The cost was $60 per person. I do not drink- but the cost was not discounted- nor did I expect it to be. I loved it- It was not quite as intimate as the Chef's Table, but it was much more special than the MDR. I hope to try the Winemaker's Dinner at some point. I won't drink the wine, but the menu looks amazing!

Egads Tracie! I am a super taster also! I was able to confirm the test using a test strip. Too funny! I also can taste every ingredient and when people say "you can't taste the coffee flavor in this", I definitely can.

Enjoying your reports!

Hey t-

It is both a blessing and a curse!

Thanks so much for sharing you Anniversary with all of us! And thanks for the great tip about contact lenses. What area of Gibraltar did you find them. Do you just go into any optical shop?? I just got my new prescription yesterday and we stop at Gibraltar each week on out two week cruise in August, so definitely plan to take prescription with!!

I went into a couple of shops- Most of them were very willing to sell to me with my prescription- I just have such a strong prescription, they don't keep them in stock. I found one place right on the main shopping street. Best. Bargain. Ever.

Hi Tracie

Thank you for your live from am really enjoying it will be on the Royal Princess in 47 days for 21 days. The ultimate balcony dinner sound wonderful can you tell me how much it is and how you go about booking it.

Thank you again and Happy Anniversary.

We booked it through the Concierge. Or you can call the D*I*N*E line and make a reservation. It is $50 pp. and well worth it.

Thank you Brenda! It may be an abbreviated winter (see below).

Still hanging on your every word, Tracie, so stay wordy. Just the way I like it!

"Our" spot may be open to be claimed the second half of the winter. :eek: I think we're going to branch out a bit and try something different after the holidays.

Ohhhh. Jeannie- I am waiting with baited breath! Do tell- or email me. I promise to keep it on the hush!

• 1 month later...