Airport transfers purchases, no flight

CruisinCadie

We are flying into SFO the day before the cruise and staying at an hotel near the airport. Our hotel offers a free airport shuttle so we purchased Princess transfers to the ship on the day of the cruise. Now I'm trying to fill out the forms to let Princess know where to meet us. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

You go to the baggage claim area of the airport and look for the Princess rep same as if you had just arrived on a flight. Look up a flight arriving about the time you intend to show up and use that as your arrival flight in your Personalizer.

If you did not book your air through Princess, then it is easy. The following procedure has worked for me.

On the Cruise Personalizer, enter the airline, flight number, and time for a flight arriving at the time you want the transfer. Then book the transfer.

Go to the baggage claim area for the flight you entered at the specified arrival time. See the Princess representative. Your names should be on the list for that arrival time at that terminal.

We are flying into SFO the day before the cruise and staying at an hotel near the airport. Our hotel offers a free airport shuttle so we purchased Princess transfers to the ship on the day of the cruise. Now I'm trying to fill out the forms to let Princess know where to meet us. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

It helps to add your independent air arrangements to your booking in the personalizer.

Thanks,

Kathy

Give Princess the airline/flight # you came in on the day before, assume it is a route the airline flys every day... then go to the luggage area like other passengers would do arriving the same day as cruise... for that airline. Cruise line personnel are generally in the luggage area with signs.

Give Princess the airline/flight # you came in on the day before, assume it is a route the airline flys every day... then go to the luggage area like other passengers would do arriving the same day as cruise... for that airline. Cruise line personnel are generally in the luggage area with signs.

It may not be a good idea to use that airline and flight number - if you flew in late the day before. I believe it is better to use one that arrives at the time you want to catch your transfer.

Thanks,

Kathy

Go to your Cruise Personalizer, click Travel Arrangements and then select "Guests Who Are Not Flying". That's all you need to do...

I had no problem doing my own hotel by the airport and listing my actual day-before flight for the transfer.

I just returned to the airport baggage claim area and the Princess rep found me on the list and I was able to go on the bus with the transfer I bought.

It was very easy and I didn't have to fudge the truth (aka Lie) like others are suggesting. They are just looking for names. I did return to the terminal my flight the day before came in at the day before and that I had reported (by giving the flight info) to Princess in the cruise personalizer.

I had no problem doing my own hotel by the airport and listing my actual day-before flight for the transfer.

Perhaps then Princess has finally improved their system...previously we were FORCED to, as you say, lie, because their system would only accept flights arriving on the actual transfer day. They would not allow you any other option, so good to know that has finally improved.

We usually do this... I just add the flight info for the flight we were on... They don't care what flight it is! Just go to the baggage claim area and look for the Princess staff. We usually get there around 10:30 and often we get on the first shuttle! It works so nice! One other advantage... We give them the luggage and don't have to worry about it again! That alone is worth all the money!!!

Edited by Nanaoften

Thanks for all the suggestions. Our flight arrives in the late afternoon PDT so using that number won't work, but I think there is an earlier flight. I sort of wondered with SFO having so many terminals if there is one specific one they use or do they have reps at the baggage claims at all of them? One reason I like the Princess transfers, as someone mentioned, is they'll take care of the baggage.

Kathy

Thanks for all the suggestions. Our flight arrives in the late afternoon PDT so using that number won't work, but I think there is an earlier flight. I sort of wondered with SFO having so many terminals if there is one specific one they use or do they have reps at the baggage claims at all of them? One reason I like the Princess transfers, as someone mentioned, is they'll take care of the baggage.

Kathy

They will have representatives at all of the terminals and times where they have passengers arriving. If they don't have anyone scheduled at a specific terminal at a specific time, then they won't have anyone there. That is why I recommended giving them a flight arriving at the terminal and time you want to meet them - then you will know they will have someone there. Otherwise, you may need to check with them to know where to meet them.

I'm in the UK and as someone said we do not have the option to add details about our flights to the personaliser.

I called Princess in Southampton as we are flying into Athens the day before we sail and we have purchased transfers, I was told they do not need our flight details as we are flying in the day before. I was just told where to go and asked what time I would like to transfer from the airport so they could add us to their list.

Thanks,

Kathy

Why not use a shuttle service independently? Some will do hotel pickups. Not sure what you paid for the ship transfers, but a shared shuttle runs under $20 per person. And you have some control of the time you leave for the port.

Your choice. But we have found it always less expensive and faster to do our own transfers and not have to wait at the airport for cruiser flights to arrive and folks gathering baggage. I think cab was around $60?:o You can do some research on the West Coast departure board.

Edited by eandj

If you purchase a Princess airport-to-ship transfer, you’ll be met by a uniformed Princess representative at the embarkation port airport.

For domestic U.S. flights, you’ll be met near the luggage claim area. For international flights, you’ll be met as you exit the secure customs area. Make sure you claim all your luggage prior to exiting the luggage claim area.

From the airport, you’ll be transferred to your ship or hotel. But if you haven’t purchased your air travel arrangements from Princess, you must provide us with flight details prior to purchasing your transfer.

And if you require special assistance, be aware that lift-equipped transportation may not be available in your port of embarkation or disembarkation. Arrangements must be secured in advance to accommodate your needs.

For transfer arrangement details, please contact your travel agent, call 1-800-PRINCESS or visit Cruise Personalizer®.

Thanks,

Kathy

Look for the Princess rep at the airport.