Is it just me?

Jeffrey1950

Got off the Sunshine today after doing the four day New York to Saint John cruise. I just was not pleased with this ship. I love the Splendor but after sailing this trip I have no desire to go on the Sunshine again. Sorry, but that's my thoughts maybe everyone else loved being on board and the constant giggling from the Cruise Director was so annoying....like I said maybe it was just me. Any thoughts please !!

Got off the Sunshine today after doing the four day New York to Saint John cruise. I just was not pleased with this ship. I love the Splendor but after sailing this trip I have no desire to go on the Sunshine again. Sorry, but that's my thoughts maybe everyone else loved being on board and the constant giggling from the Cruise Director was so annoying....like I said maybe it was just me. Any thoughts please !!

We are planning to book the same 4-day cruise on Sunshine to see if this is the ship for us.

If you have a chance I'd appreciate some details that made you decide not to cruise on Sunshine again.

Edited by Aldeya

Anything you specifically didn't like besides the cruise director? We are about to do the same itinerary.

I was very happy too see the sunshine leave new Orleans. I didn't hate it, but I was not overly happy with it.

Didn't care for the layout. Didn't like the way public areas had been made smaller. Felt c crowded a lot of the time. It felt like exactly what happened. More people were added by cutting the public areas Area.

Different folks look for different things in a ship. Sunshine is the only Carnival ship we have been impressed enough with to book a second time. Other Carnival ships have been fine but not overly impressive compared to ships on other lines we like.

In our experience (we were just on the ship 2.5 weeks ago) the ship was no more crowded than other Carnival ships we have been on. We never had a problem finding somewhere to relax in Serenity or the main theater. Although Liquid Lounge is smaller than other ship theaters, it never filled for the evening shows so getting a seat was not a problem.

There are just so many food options and that is what we really loved. And they were all great!!

CD Emma is very, very enthusiastic but did not bother us. And if she had, it would have been very easy to avoid her.

We sailed the Sunshine in Jan for 8 days and May for 5 days.

Before the trip we printed deck plans so we knew which floors went thru and which did not.

Only time the crowds were really noticeable was early evening in the line for Any Time Dining and even then - if there was a wait folks could relax in the Ocean Plaza.

Otherwise the crowds were no better or worse than other ships we've been on.

Sunshine has LOTS of choices for breakfast and lunch - even on embarkation day.

I hear folks complain about long line at Guy's Burgers. The line was long only for the first 30 minutes it was open- then short lines that move very quickly.

Chair hogs were no worse than any other ship we've sailed regardless of the brand.

Sunshine delivered on our expectations for a Carnival Cruise. The cabin stewards and MDR staff gave excellent service. We had a good time and felt we got our money's worth.

I don't like the Sunshine. They ruined the atmosphere in the Lobby when they turned the deck 3 theater into cabins. They ruined the theater by turning it into a dual purpose venue with a flat floor, moveable chairs and no tables to put down your drink on deck 4.

It's too large a venue for the Liquid lounge as a night club in the evening.

Sunshine is one of my favorite ships I've sailed. I avoided her due to negative reviews, but when we got a deal too good to pass up I went ahead and booked her. Omg I'm glad I did! The food and entertainment is the best of any ship I have sailed, on both sailings I've done on her. The layout is a little wonky, but not terrible.

As far as Emma, yes she giggles a lot, but I found it contagious and it kept me in a happy mood. She is very outgoing and enthusiastic about her job. Personally, I applaud her for that...no way could I work as many hours a day as her and maintain that energy level!

We are planning to book the same 4-day cruise on Sunshine to see if this is the ship for us.

If you have a chance I'd appreciate some details that made you decide not to cruise on Sunshine again.

Perhaps it is just me...did not like the being so crowed, the ship was always cold in fact I saw one man walking around inside the ship with his Carnival Bathrobe on. The safety drill was a joke first of all we were due to sail at 4.PM the drill did not end until 4.45 we were so crowed it was like a herd of cattle.

The food in the Main Dining Rm was excellent but in the Market Place it was fine as long as you like your food cold by the time you got to your table.

In my balcony cabin there was no fridge, the room was smaller than other ships. I must say the crew were very friendly and always, always cleaning.

The balcony gets washed down and mine was left with puddles of water the bottom of my slacks were all wet I had to get someone to mop up the excess water. Cabin location was best I have ever experienced on a ship. Please, do not go by what I said maybe these petty things would not bother you. You need to judge for yourself. Weather in Canada was beautiful just beautiful.

As for CD it is hard to avoid someone when you hear their voice on the TV and page system, so annoying the giggling all the time wait and see for yourself. Don't get me wrong I was very glad when I first heard her speak as she is English and I lived there so I thought this is nice it went downhill from there. My one bit of advice take an insulated coffee mug for your coffee/tea better than using cups. Oh, by the way I did like how someone came along with a trolley offering to fill refill your drinks. Getting on the ship was fast and easy getting off took me three hours.Much preferred the Splendor and Glory. Go with an open mine and judge for yourself. You may love it!!

We have sailed her twice. Everyone has opinions. Never felt more crowded than other ships. I have posted two reviews with pics if anyone is interested with details.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were you on the same cruise as the OP? If not your reviews mean nothing to his experience. Why is it that when anyone has a criticism of a Carnival cruise you immediately show up to point out your reviews. It was extremely over crowded when I was on the Sunshine but that was a different cruise than the op's, so it is of no significance. Op thanks for the review.

Were you on the same cruise as the OP? If not your reviews mean nothing to his experience. Why is it that when anyone has a criticism of a Carnival cruise you immediately show up to point out your reviews. It was extremely over crowded when I was on the Sunshine but that was a different cruise than the op's, so it is of no significance. Op thanks for the review.

First off, don't like my posts skip them. Secondly, by you own logic, if you were not on the same cruise your opinion is worthless like mine (totally disagree but it's your logic). I mentioned my reviews to other posters as a reference point, again don't like it skip it. Others posted comments not in line with the op but you are not ATTACKING them. SO since you make the rules, when is it you can comment on anything here?

Lastly, check out post 23.

Edited by jimbo5544

We have sailed her twice. Everyone has opinions. Never felt more crowded than other ships. I have posted two reviews with pics if anyone is interested with details.

Jimbo, thank you for pointing out your past reviews. I spent the better part of the morning reading about your voyages on the Sunshine since we are on that same ship this Thursday. Wouldn't have known about them otherwise! :)

I am hoping that I will like Sunshine since I leave on July 4 for the 8 day Caribbean and again in October for the 5 day Canada sailing.

I've only sailed on Splendor and loved it and after 5X finally knew my way around (LOL) I was very disappointed that she left N.Y. for Miami.

There will be a new Cruise Director on the July 4 cruise so I guess I won't have to listen to giggling!

Jimbo, thank you for pointing out your past reviews. I spent the better part of the morning reading about your voyages on the Sunshine since we are on that same ship this Thursday. Wouldn't have known about them otherwise! :)

Your welcome, hope they added some flavor.