OBC Can Be Used for What?

AF-1

I actually just asked Princess about this today and they said you couldn't use it to pay for gratuities. :confused:

That is what the script says to say.

However, the accounting system on the ship subtracts any charge (including the gratuity that is posted daily) from available OBC until the OBC is all used up.

Ladies and Gentlemen; thank you for the great replies. All my questions and concerns have been answered. My wife and I have been blessed to get $800 worth of OBC. So now I know what we can use it for. Plus we also got specialty dining. I do have one more question. If we log into cruise personalizer and book excursions; do we pay up front or wait until we actually get on the ship? Again, thanks for any and all comments..

Ladies and Gentlemen; thank you for the great replies. All my questions and concerns have been answered. My wife and I have been blessed to get $800 worth of OBC. So now I know what we can use it for. Plus we also got specialty dining. I do have one more question. If we log into cruise personalizer and book excursions; do we pay up front or wait until we actually get on the ship? Again, thanks for any and all comments..

How did you get so much OBC?

We got the same package for our 15 day Hawaiian in April 2017. Twice as nice promo, with 2 FCC. $800 OBC and a specialty dinner (Crown, always Crown). We figured that will cover the tips and soda and more package for the 3 of us. WS was actually cheaper than 2 insides, balcony or mini. And I get to see Franco again every morning!

Most shore excursions allow you to reserve but not prepay. When this k is the case, your OBC will be used. A few excursions require prepayment. As someone else posted, if you prepay, you can not use the OBC. We successfully reserved a shore excursion for our cruise without prepaying.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I do have one more question. If we log into cruise personalizer and book excursions; do we pay up front or wait until we actually get on the ship? Again, thanks for any and all comments..

Except for an experiment this year on some cruises to Alaska, you do not have to pay for the cruises before the cruise.

They will be posted to your on-board account the first day. They will be taken from any OBC you have on the account they are charged to.

I assume your OBC is divided to some degree between you and your traveling companion. At the end of the cruise, the two on-board accounts will be combined** so if the second account still has unused OBC, it will be applied to the combined total.

(** This assumes both accounts are set up to be charged to the same credit card.)

Note: You do have the option to pre-pay booked excursions before the cruise. But as others have pointed out, OBC cannot be used for any payments before the cruise itself.

How did you get so much OBC?

Princess is running some deal for cruises for 2017/18, My travel agent contacted me and said we got this deal. Plus Specialty dining. We are happy campers. Now we just have to wait until next summer.

We got the same package for our 15 day Hawaiian in April 2017. Twice as nice promo, with 2 FCC. $800 OBC and a specialty dinner (Crown, always Crown). We figured that will cover the tips and soda and more package for the 3 of us. WS was actually cheaper than 2 insides, balcony or mini. And I get to see Franco again every morning!

Our travel agent emailed me and said my wife and I got this deal. We are happy campers. Enjoy your benefits:)

Except for an experiment this year on some cruises to Alaska, you do not have to pay for the cruises before the cruise.

They will be posted to your on-board account the first day. They will be taken from any OBC you have on the account they are charged to.

I assume your OBC is divided to some degree between you and your traveling companion. At the end of the cruise, the two on-board accounts will be combined** so if the second account still has unused OBC, it will be applied to the combined total.

(** This assumes both accounts are set up to be charged to the same credit card.)

Note: You do have the option to pre-pay booked excursions before the cruise. But as others have pointed out, OBC cannot be used for any payments before the cruise itself.

My wife and I are on same account; so everything will be billed to the one account. Thanks

Most shore excursions allow you to reserve but not prepay. When this k is the case, your OBC will be used. A few excursions require prepayment. As someone else posted, if you prepay, you can not use the OBC. We successfully reserved a shore excursion for our cruise without prepaying.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your input and feedback. We will most likely add some things to cruise account; but won't pay until we set sail next year.

Our travel agent emailed me and said my wife and I got this deal. We are happy campers. Enjoy your benefits:)

I need a new travel agent:rolleyes: I dont get any notifications but I used a AAA agent for this cruise.

Save

Except for an experiment this year on some cruises to Alaska, you do not have to pay for the excursions before the cruise.

Corrected a typo in first sentence.

That is what the script says to say.

However, the accounting system on the ship subtracts any charge (including the gratuity that is posted daily) from available OBC until the OBC is all used up.

We have also noticed that the non-refundable OBC is used up first, then the refundable is used. At least it was this way on our last cruise on the Diamond.

I need a new travel agent:rolleyes: I dont get any notifications but I used a AAA agent for this cruise.

Save

I know this deal runs till Jul 8th; for cruises in 2017/18

We have $1130 on our upcoming Hawaii (Princess OBC, Military, stockholder and Big Box TA OBC), and $485 for Mexico, plus the AIBC from the Sip and Sail; I have great faith in my husband's golf excursions, regular excursions, gratuities and bottles of wine at dinner to do a bangup job of going through it:p

We have $1130 on our upcoming Hawaii (Princess OBC, Military, stockholder and Big Box TA OBC), and $485 for Mexico, plus the AIBC from the Sip and Sail; I have great faith in my husband's golf excursions, regular excursions, gratuities and bottles of wine at dinner to do a bangup job of going through it:p

We have $1110 for our upcoming full panama canal transit. ($600 Princess promotion, $200 from FCC, $250 military and $60 from travel agent). This is the most we've every had! Of course there will be no problem spending it. The gratuities alone will eat up quite a bit for 15 days.

We have $1110 for our upcoming full panama canal transit. ($600 Princess promotion, $200 from FCC, $250 military and $60 from travel agent). This is the most we've every had! Of course there will be no problem spending it. The gratuities alone will eat up quite a bit for 15 days.

Geez I must be doing something wrong, I have $75pp for my cruise next week:(

wow what a great deal; congrats

That is awesome. Have fun with all that money:)

If I may ask; is the military obc based on length of your cruise?

Military on board credit per qualifying individual

1 to 6 days = $50

7 to 13 days = $100

14 or more = $250

Stockholder CC- Per Cabin

less than 6 days= $50 per cabin

7-13 Day= $100 per cabin

14 Day or longer = $250 per cabin

FCC Credit Per Person Shipboard Credit:

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony

Loyalty Credit- Per Cabin

$25 for 20–30 cruise credits

$50 for 31–40 cruise credits

$75 for 41–50 cruise credits

$100 for 51+ cruise credits

If I may ask; is the military obc based on length of your cruise?

The post after yours has answered it nicely along with other useful information. I found out about the military credit on these boards. Thanks CC! I was after DH for years to send away for his DD214. We left a lot of money on the table because we had been cruising for over 10 years at that point.

You used to have to re-apply for the credit for each cruise. We seem to be on a Princess cruise ship on veteran's more often than not. When I was working I got my birthday (in Nov) and veteran's day off so that's 2 days I didn't have to take a vacation day for.

Anyway at one of the Veterans day get togethers (DH always attends) they announcement that it would be automatic from then on. Thanks you Princess for doing something that makes sense!

The post after yours has answered it nicely along with other useful information. I found out about the military credit on these boards. Thanks CC! I was after DH for years to send away for his DD214. We left a lot of money on the table because we had been cruising for over 10 years at that point.

You used to have to re-apply for the credit for each cruise. We seem to be on a Princess cruise ship on veteran's more often than not. When I was working I got my birthday (in Nov) and veteran's day off so that's 2 days I didn't have to take a vacation day for.

Anyway at one of the Veterans day get togethers (DH always attends) they announcement that it would be automatic from then on. Thanks you Princess for doing something that makes sense!

Someone told me that the Carnival military OBC only began around 2011. So you may not have lost out on as much credit as you thought.

Someone told me that the Carnival military OBC only began around 2011. So you may not have lost out on as much credit as you thought.

That's interesting. I seem to remember this being discussed before then (but it could be and am likely wrong). I get confused when folks talk about Carnival. There is the Carnival cruise line which Princess is not part of and there is the Carnival Corporation parent company in which Princess is part of. When you say it only started in 2011 are you talking about the Corporation which is all the companies or just the Carnival cruise line?