Legend Alaska Cruise Steakhouse Attire

It seems a little early, but we are starting to search for and accumulate our cold weather gear and other items to pack for an August Alaska cruise. We have a few nights we are eating in the Steakhouse. Packing space is at a minimum and we are wondering if the dress code expectations for men are more relaxed on an Alaskan cruise for the Steakhouse. I have read that expectations in the MDR are a bit more relaxed.

For anyone out there who has actually had dinner in the steakhouse on the Legend on an Alaskan cruise, do you think nice khakis and a nice polo would pass muster or will DH need dress shirt and tie?

It seems a little early, but we are starting to search for and accumulate our cold weather gear and other items to pack for an August Alaska cruise. We have a few nights we are eating in the Steakhouse. Packing space is at a minimum and we are wondering if the dress code expectations for men are more relaxed on an Alaskan cruise for the Steakhouse. I have read that expectations in the MDR are a bit more relaxed.

For anyone out there who has actually had dinner in the steakhouse on the Legend on an Alaskan cruise, do you think nice khakis and a nice polo would pass muster or will DH need dress shirt and tie?

I hope someone answers this question, because we cruise in a week and would like to know as well. We are only eating in the steak house 1 night which will be our 35 wedding anniversary so hubby will probably wear his suit, but it's still good info to know. Happy Cruising. :)

I am going in 3 weeks, so I know not a ton of help. However, on all the cruises I have been on khakis and polo should be fine. Or even "Dress" Jeans and a button up. I think mostly looking for a collar and clean full length pants.

Same as any night in the MDR.

DH wears Khakis and a Hawaiian type shirt. I'll wear decent pants and a pretty too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope someone answers this question, because we cruise in a week and would like to know as well. We are only eating in the steak house 1 night which will be our 35 wedding anniversary so hubby will probably wear his suit, but it's still good info to know. Happy Cruising. :)

Per the Carnival webpage on the FAQ's, the steakhouse follows the MDR dress code night. It did say that if you go to the steakhouse on a casual night, shorts are not permitted. If you go on an Elegant night, jeans are not permitted as well....that seems to be a sore subject for some, but going by the website, on elegant evenings, it specifically says no jeans in MDR....Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Please check on weather temps for your Alaska cruise.

We've been in August and did not bring "cold weather clothing". Mostly layers and stuff in case of rain but not winter jackets of any kind!

Carnival's dress code is already very casual so khakis and a shirt with a collar on elegant night or the nice polo on non elegant nights will be fine anywhere on the ship!

NO tie is ever needed! I doubt you will be wanting to wear shorts so that should not be an issue at all.

Just got off the ship on June 28th . Went to steak house on a non-elegant night . Wore a nice pare of jeans and a button down shirt . After all , whatever is worn is hidden under the table and tablecloth . With limited packing space , I asked the host when I made reservation about my dress code . It was fine as long as no holes or tears . Again , might have been different there on elegant night however in MDR I wore nice jeans and a button down shirt as well . Never got any looks or anything as others were dressed the same . My focus was the company I was with and not concerned if people made the dress code . Others may not like it but I assume Carnival realizes packing space on an Alakan Cruise . Carnival is a more relaxed atmosphere and that's ok for me . If anyone is concerned about attire , other cruise lines maybe more strict .

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all! I was hoping he could get away with nice khaki pants and a nice polo or sweater so I didn't have to pack the suit and tie and dress shoes.

We were planning on packing layers for the weather, but also packing a fleece and waterproof shell for each of us and waterproof hiking shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely think you will be ok with khaki pants and polo or sweater. Steakhouse was great and the service was also very good. One of the prettiest views from all of Carnival steakhouses that I have been to. We ate there the night we cruised the fjord, and I would highly recommend that night to enjoy the beautiful scenery from the full length windows. It was absolutely beautiful. Sounds like you are packing the right way. In my opinion you do not need sweaters - just layers. The weather changes so much that it can be cold one minutes and then much warmer thirty minutes later.

We did the Legend to Alaska last year. Leave the coat and tie at home. You will be just fine. I took a black dress for elegant night, but my dad and husband wore button downs, no tie, and Dockers. They fit in just fine whether in the MDR or steakhouse. You will see a lot of jeans and sweaters and sweatshirts in the MDR.

Enjoy your cruise! It was one of the greatest highlights in my life so far. :D