Ron Goodman CD Royal Princess

Excrewcruising

Hey everyone! Just registered! I'm going on the Royal Princess soon and I know the CD is Ron Goodman... any takes on him??

I haven't had the pleasure of cruising with Ron in a couple of years but to me he's one of Princess' top cruise directors.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hey everyone! Just registered! I'm going on the Royal Princess soon and I know the CD is Ron Goodman... any takes on him??

I have cruised with Ron several times. The last was on the Regal. I think he is wonderful. He was always active and visible around the ship AND attended the Meet and Greets. I liked all the activities he planned for the ship. On the Regal Inaugual to the Carib his wife and young baby were on the ship. He was with them when he saw me and came over to introduce them to me. I would be happy to have Ron as my CD on any cruise.

Sali

We've sailed with Ron a number of times...the last being Rome to Barcelona on the Royal June 18-25. IMHO he's the best! We're looking forward to sailing with him again on the Royal TA in October.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Ron was our CD this past April on Royal.

Very personable, saw him several times each day working his way around the ship during events and at numerous venues.

Plus you get usual morning and afternoon announcements from him over the PA.

He is engaging, not overbearing and was supported by a strong cast of assistant CD's.

Was most impressed when he stopped at our seats one evening while entering the theater - introduced himself, asked about our time aboard and just chatted with us for a couple minutes.

Have never had that kind of simple and spontaneous interaction with a CD before.

He came across as a very warm and genuine person.

I think you'll enjoy him as one of your cruise vacation hosts!

Ron Goodman is my favorite CD and I'm always thrilled when he is on one of my sailings. I still laugh when I remember him in his pink tutu doing the crew show! He is always out and about, always stops and talks to us and always puts on great entertainment.

He will not disappoint! Sailed with him several times and the most recent was TA to Barcelona in April.

He was ever present and had a wonderful supporting cast that made our cruise very enjoyable.

We were able to meet his son.....most adorable.

We interacted with him most every day except for intense port days. He is genuine, funny and plays really well with his team mates ( Kelly, Gary and I believe Matt 31). They will stop and take pictures with cruisers, answer questions and really come across as loving what they do.

Just to echo what everyone else has said, Ron is really great.

He perfectly plays up the role of the "host." And by that, I mean that he's not really a frenetic "Mr. Comedian" type of guy, but he seems to be everywhere and he's just so darn... affable. He was very smooth when MC'ing events and really has an air about him that makes you just relax and have a good time. In short, a great host.

He's quite approachable and even posed for a picture with my new wife and I on our honeymoon cruise. I'm hoping he'll be back on the Regal next January! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I agree Ron is a great CD. :)

He was CD on our 14 day cruise from Athens in June on Royal.

I would describe him as OK but not particularly memorable. In the first week he was barely visible but perhaps he prefers to leave attendance at most events / port sailaways, etc. to his staff, who were generally very good. We saw more of him in week 2, mainly at theatre shows.

To us he appears very professional, but quite formal compared with other CDs. Hope this helps.

He was CD on our 14 day cruise from Athens in June on Royal.

I would describe him as OK but not particularly memorable. In the first week he was barely visible...

If you're referring to the 14-day cruise ending in Barcelona on June 25th, his family left for home on the 18th after sailing with him for awhile. He likely devoted more time to being with them during their final week onboard.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png