Can't bring soda on board anymore

lixogab

They're deleting posts on that page left and right and flooding it with happy selfies.
Not only happy - they are delirious with joy . And they all wish to thank Norwegian for the bestest time ever . :D

Any guesses how many of these are real customers ? :rolleyes:

What? How can I miss the point if I'm the one making the point? Better reread the posts....

It is really a simple question. Both NCL and Carnival sell the same product (cases of 1-liter bottles). I'm just asking what each charges for the same thing. Comparing anything else is simply apples to oranges...let's just stick to the very simple and direct question.

Carnival charges $60...NCL charges $______? Just fill in the blank.

I just checked the CCL website and you can pre-order 8 1.5 liter bottles of purified water for $20. They sell 8 liters of mineral water for $26 (or you may buy 4 for $15).

Ooh please do as Barcelona has a duty free shop after the scanners and normally none on the ship. I wonder if they changed it now

I did a cruise on Royal Caribbean out of Barcelona a couple of years ago and they had the scanners set up on the ship and had you put your carry on through it when you boarded. I wonder if NCL will do the same thing.

I did a cruise on Royal Caribbean out of Barcelona a couple of years ago and they had the scanners set up on the ship and had you put your carry on through it when you boarded. I wonder if NCL will do the same thing.

I've put my stuff through scanners when embarking every cruise Ive ever taken

They also do it when you reboard at every port

This is common practice and not new at all

NCL has used those the scanners for years..

They're deleting posts on that page left and right and flooding it with happy selfies.

Of course they are. It is THEIR Facebook account. Would you leave posts that say " Janpo-you stink and we hate you"? . No. And NCL had the happy selfie stations up WAY before they changed the beverage policy. They were not installed last week in a nefarious effort to squelch the voices of angry Coke drinkers.

Believe it or not, some cruisers may actually like to post their photos to NCL's FB site . Not every cruiser wants to read complaints ad nauseum either. It would be insane business for NCL NOT to delete complaints.

There Is a new thread complaining that after Playing the upgrade game with two cabins that they are not even next to each other. It is an invalid complaint as the cheaper , guarantee rate is very clear that you lose the ability to choose location. Should this cruiser be allowed to post negative nonsense on the NCL Facebook page? Yes, but NCL retains the right to remove it.

I understand being frustrated at the new water policy, but this complaint is silly.

This is not a personal attack, just a comment.

Edited by Annmeat

What's the point you are getting at? Carnival offers 1/2 liter bottles, 12 pack for $3.99. Being stuck on ordering liter bottles one by one seems like deliberately missing the point.

You can't discuss anything with someone with a personality disorder......

Edited by jingle5616

Of course they are. It is THEIR Facebook account. Would you leave posts that say " Janpo-you stink and we hate you"? . No. And NCL had the happy selfie stations up WAY before they changed the beverage policy. They were not installed last week in a nefarious effort to squelch the voices of angry Coke drinkers.

Believe it or not, some cruisers may actually like to post their photos to NCL's FB site . Not every cruiser wants to read complaints ad nauseum either. It would be insane business for NCL NOT to delete complaints.

There Is a new thread complaining that after Playing the upgrade game with two cabins that they are not even next to each other. It is an invalid complaint as the cheaper , guarantee rate is very clear that you lose the ability to choose location. Should this cruiser be allowed to post negative nonsense on the NCL Facebook page? Yes, but NCL retains the right to remove it.

I understand being frustrated at the new water policy, but this complaint is silly.

So glad you explained that to me. I had no idea that was ncls page and that's how fb works:rolleyes:

For the record, I dont give a rats behind about bringing on water , pop, or whatever people want. I never have and never will. It's the inflated prices they're selling their water at.

So..what you may find "silly" is important to someone else. Who are you to say it's silly? Because it doesn't affect you? I read on here so much ...well it doesn't affect me, so I don't care attitude.

Any other rules about FB I should know?

Edited by janpo

I agree . Why should they keep the negative . What I have a problem with is them putting in FAKE posts .

I just don't believe people (so many) post undying love to a corporation . But that's just me .

You can't discuss anything with someone with a personality disorder......
:D Yup .

just saw a $3.95 internet activation fee....they just dont give up

"They" cannot afford to, as you might see below (maybe not)

The $3.95 fee has been there for a while, sometimes/often waived - not really new. They should raise it to $7.95 and then discount it by 25% for those that book the unlimited package and prepaid in full. The iConcierge fee for the paid feature has gone from $7.95 to as high as $14.99 already this year (the "free" features remained at no charge, for now)

Accounts Payable @ NCL has been telling stories, "the cheques" are in the mail" for weeks now. For those familiar with collection agencies, it's a pretty familiar line heard daily :D :eek:

But, how could NCL possibly be having minor cash flow problems lately - ships are sailing ... thanks to last minute price drops, fire sale and all the gimmicks.

Yes, they owed some passengers reimbursement from the POA sailing several months ago that NCL promised to honor. Let's hope their vendors are getting paid as I read about shortage on a recent ship sailing in one of the other post. So, NCL need the cash - the more, the better. Pay your obligations, NCL.

Alas, the problem is not with the horse, dead or alive. It is with the camel's back - pretty broken to some already. To us, it has more to do with the announcements ... NCL's communications to its customers, more accurately, the selective nature, and, overall lack thereof when changes are made.

Edited by mking8288

So glad you explained that to me. I had no idea that was ncls page and that's how fb works:rolleyes:

<snip>

Any other rules about FB I should know?

Are you looking at visitor posts? (There's a link on the left about half-way down the page.) There are complaints there that should make you happy.

That's how FB works. There's a link for visitor posts for any posts not made by the page managers.

I just sent my email to NCL expressing my dissatisfaction with the new policy. I am beyond final payment so can't cancel. This is probably my first and last cruise with NCL. There have been so many changes since I booked this cruise that I have a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't even stepped foot on the ship yet. Things that affect me personally on this cruise:

1. Gratuities raised twice since I booked

2. Room service fee added

3. A la carte pricing at specialty dining

4. No water/coke allowed to be brought on

I switched from Carnival because of their decrease in live entertainment (bands and shows). Not sure where to go next. I may try RCCL again and one of the megaships.

Maggie

As We sail out Sat. on the Gem, we will have Our Fun Group of Friends and Family to enjoy each others company but still just get upset with NCL Nickel and Diming Us after paying passenger prices equivalent to higher cruise lines.

If its a "Ultimate Beverage Package" that is what it is....You don't carry a case of water on board over your shoulders....It is a Vacation.....

Saying that it is Rude and Selfish for NCL to Sell the Water at such inflated prices is a understatement.

Besides the children beverage package which has ZERO healthy options...

So WE ARE GETTING READY TO HAVE A GREAT WEEK! But will not get taken down this path again.

Are you looking at visitor posts? (There's a link on the left about half-way down the page.) There are complaints there that should make you happy.

That's how FB works. There's a link for visitor posts for any posts not made by the page managers.

Again, NCl's fb page, is not mine. Gasp.... Yes, I know about how to get to visitor's posts on their page.Gasp again. What is on there does not make me happy or sad. I was replying to another poster who mentioned posts on ncls fb page.

Again, with the schooling on Fb???? I need no help getting around Fb.

From your pic here, you seem like you'd be a nice guy..but as the saying goes...pics are deceiving.

Edited by janpo

As I am planning another cruise with NCL next year, I am going to write them an old-fashioned letter.

Their corporate headquarters address listed on their webpage is:

NCL Corporation Ltd

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Maybe if we flood them with letters, they will either change the policy or lower their water prices. I envision bags of letters like in the ending of the movie, "34 Street". :p

As I am planning another cruise with NCL next year, I am going to write them an old-fashioned letter.

Their corporate headquarters address listed on their webpage is:

NCL Corporation Ltd

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Maybe if we flood them with letters, they will either change the policy or lower their water prices. I envision bags of letters like in the ending of the movie, "34 Street". :p

Why waste a 47 cent stamp?

To you it might be silly to others it's a valid disapproval.

When you look at the price of water sold on board, you know for sure the cost of water is outrageously over priced.

Along with the fact that the UBP is the highest amount you pay out of all the other cruise lines and it doesn't even include water.

I've put my stuff through scanners when embarking every cruise Ive ever taken

They also do it when you reboard at every port

This is common practice and not new at all

I've boarded epic 3 times in Barcelona and they've never had them on the ship in Barcelona, they've been in the terminal and each time but then on the ship every port after. Bet they're back on the ship after this change.

Although it doesn't make any difference as I needed no sugar tonic and if I can't take it to a bar for my gin there's no point taking it on anyway.

Come on access desk reply to email contact

Edited by Tiggertastic

:rolleyes:

Why waste a 47 cent stamp?

I also just called their corporate office @ 1-800-456-7298, spoke to a live person and registered my complaint about the new policy and the high cost of water on board.

Even if they do not change anything, at least I tried to do something.

Edited by Seminole1975
change a phrase

To you it might be silly to others it's a valid disapproval.

When you look at the price of water sold on board' date=' you know for sure the cost of water is outrageously over priced.

Along with the fact that the UBP is the highest amount you pay out of all the other cruise lines and it doesn't even include water.[/quote']

Ann is saying the complaint about reserving two guarantee rooms, getting two guarantee rooms assigned, playing the upgrade game, getting an upgrade for both guarantee rooms and then complaining the two guarantee rooms are not near each other is the "silly" one...