Question:What to do at Port Canaveral

Rafael3000

A note on Kennedy Space Centre, if you take the ship excursion, you get an extra hour there. I thought it was worth is for the extra hour and peace of mind, since it's a short time there. Normally I don't take ship sponsored excursions, but in this case it was worth it.

Cocoa Beach is very nice. There's a long fishing pier and restaurants. Warm water and big waves. Check out Ron Jon for great shopping. If you have never been to Kennedy Space Center then I highly recommend going there. It's a great learning experience and fun. Check the schedule to see if any satellites are going up. If so u will be able to witness from ship. Those r the only things I would do. Disney is too rushed n too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Momofcandk

You can rent a car for the day for about $30 total.

Thank you so much for this post! I had booked a car in Cape Canaveral for $140 and did a double take when I saw your post. I did some more research and was able to book one for $40 (with the fees). Posts like this are why this board rocks! Thanks again! ;)

• 1 month later...

And, if you think you might come back within a year, get an annual pass and you'll save money. Dailt Tickets are $50 adults $40 kids plus $10 to park a car. Annual pass is one time $75/60 with free parking and you can come every day for a year.

I'm John and I sent this message.

Other than Restaurants/Bars, as you find in most ports, there isn't much worthwhile within normal walking distance.

KSC is ~20 miles, maybe a 30 min ride. Great trip if you can fit the bus tour in.

If you're at Terminal 1, 2 or 3, all on the south side, there is a beach park not to far, but through an otherwise industrial area.

Ron Jon Surf Shop is ~13 miles from Port Canaveral and a block from the beach.