Glory 6/25 review half moon cay looters and more

Jdfireman

I was undecided about the cabana for an upcoming family cruise which would necessitate 2 or 3 cabanas. Ya'll made up my mind...NO WAY am I paying that much for a free-for-all-but-me!

Our sailing is out of TX and most people there have a few manners...but, there is a risk of the dreaded 'wife-beater' in the dining room. BLECH. I HATE seeing pit hair when eating!! (And they don't wanna see me throw up in their plate as I leave.):eek:

EEEEYEEEWWW... GUYS, hear me on this one... it does NOT make you look more muscular, they are UNDERWEAR- not outerwear, regardless of printed slogan. The only appropriate place for these is in front of the TV, on the way back & forth to CHANGE from the pool, starring in an episode of Cops, or mowing the lawn. Trust me...women do not like these or want to know that you are a WIFE-Beater wannabe. It is a RARE man who looks attractive in a WB.

My husband keeps buying these for the pool and I keep forgetting to pack them and then the washer eats them. I HATE them! I'd rather see bare belly great white hairy whale with stick legs than a wife-beater shirt. Anywhere.

I

EEEEYEEEWWW... GUYS, hear me on this one... it does NOT make you look more muscular,

I've only seen a handful of guys who could pull this look off, including one on our last sailing who looked like Kid Rock in his younger days that made me go "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM!!!" because he looked so good.

Most guys though..can't pull off that look.

• 4 weeks later...

We've booked a Villa in HMC for November on the Glory. That makes me really nervous now. Is there a way to section it off yourself? Probably not?

We have a group of 8 of us, so maybe implement a rule that there's always someone there.....

I think that's just awful that people were stealing like that! So disappointing!

Great review.

It's a shame there are dishonest people even on a ship. It sounds like the crowd on Glory was an interesting mix of good and bad element.

Carnival should do a better job of securing the HMC villas until guests arrive AND post signs on all the cabanas that they are not open to the public.

> Most night hats jogging shorts and wife beaters were present in the dining room I get it its vacation

I don't care; I will never be OK with this. I know it's "just a cruise" and "just Carnival" but let's attempt to be adults enough to take off the ball caps and manage a shirt that both covers the shoulders and does not advertise a beer brand. I don't even mind the shorts because their sorry legs are going to be under the table in any case. I wear tank tops almost all day while on board and it takes me one minute to head to the cabin and put on a collared shirt for dinner. It's just manners.

Sorry, I can't even resist ranting on this topic. Drives me mad when people treat everywhere like it's a hot dog stand.

Awesome post....NAILED IT!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

That's a bummer about the people not respecting the property of others. I cannot fathom thinking it's okay to take things from an empty cabana.

When we were on half moon cay we rented a cabana and never had a problem, but we didn't leave it except for the buffet lunch, and then we brought our food back to eat there. Not much time for anyone to loot our stuff!

Maybe make a sign that says PRIVATE and tape it on the cabana.

The signs are already there!! People just choose not to read or regard them. We've rented cabanas at HMC many times and luckily never had a problem. The one thing we do though, is take the float mats off of the railing and move them inside.

A526.JPG

Edited by Jamman54

Does the Maitre 'd or person at the door of the dining room ever stop these people who are clearly inappropriately dressed?

I know I saw it happen on our previous cruises, did they stop doing this?

I would like to know this too... I thing the Maitre'd should enforce the current dress policy... whatever it may be at the time. This is part of there job, and if they don't, they are not doing their job.

Going on my 10th cruise in 8 days and I couldn't tell you what one person was wearing in the dining room on formal night! Lol! Except for myself, my husband, and kids (we always wear formal wear!). I am gonna have to pay attention next week, maybe take some pictures of the daisy duke wearer's! Lol!